• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII-2 First screenshots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pooya

new shot
e63w528umh.jpg

001.jpg

002.jpg

rehosted on imgur too, some had problem
edyOK.jpg

noelserah.jpg

Noel and Serah

http://ps3.rpgsite.net/news/1113-first-final-fantasy-xiii2-ingame-screenshots
Square Enix have released two in-game screenshots of Final Fantasy XIII-2 and a story synopsis to celebrate the fact that the game will be demoed both on the show floor and behind closed doors at E3 2011. There will be two demos – one for the public and a private one showing a little more of the game. The private demo is about 30 minutes long.

FINAL FANTASY XIII-2
Developer: Square Enix Co., Ltd.
Publisher: Square Enix, Inc.
Platform: Xbox 360®, PlayStation®3 system
Genre: RPG
ESRB: RP (Rating Pending)
Ship Date: This Winter (NA)

Story Overview:
Set a few years after Lightning and the others saved Cocoon, some survivors have decided to start over by rebuilding on Gran Pulse. Lightning, however, is nowhere to be found and thought dead by many, but Serah believes otherwise. When her town is suddenly overrun by monsters, a mysterious man named Noel appears to save her. Together, the two set off to find Lightning...

FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 is the follow-up to the 2010 hit title, FINAL FANTASY XIII, and the latest installment in the world-renowned FINAL FANTASY series, which has shipped over 97 million units worldwide. FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 features an all-star production staff including producer Yoshinori Kitase, director Motomu Toriyama, character designer Tetsuya Nomura and art director Isamu Kamikokuryo.

http://finalfantasyxiii2.wordpress....iii-2-new-playable-characters-noel-and-serah/

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Noel looks like someone from FFX-2... Or was it FFX. Actually he looks like Fang.

YEAH PLAYABLE SERAH FUCK YEAH.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
As expected, looks gorgeous! Need more pictures ASAP! This game is gonna be the best. Can't see anything too radical of change in the battle pic though... hmm, double trouble?
BY2K said:
Auto-battle...

What?
This was in the original too.
ffxiii_screen_battle.jpg

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
BY2K said:
Auto-battle...

What?

The attack command was called Auto-Battle in FFXIII...

hamchan

Baggy Pants!

Aquavelvaman said:
For some reason I expected them to change the battle system

I expected this too actually. Probably because X-2 had a completely different battle system from X, so there's a precedent there. Eh, I guess they save time and effort (and money) this way, and the FFXIII battle system was one of the few good things about the game.

Phenomic

As much as I feel like FF13 is a missed opportunity.

I'm all in for this. Glad to see they didn't change the battle system because I loved that part of the game.

Life is somehow incomplete if you're not hyping at least one Final Fantasy title at any point in time.

Is this the first time Noel has been mentioned? (I haven't heard/seen anything since the teaser).

DaBuddaDa

Playable Serah? Kingdom Hearts lookalike teenage boy? I guess Final Fantasy is now made for 12 year old girls.

This series keeps jumping more and more sharks.

Zoe

sponk said:
lets suck out any remaining gameplay and replace it with cool and deep characters.
what a letdown. now even ff10-2 will look like a gem in comparison.

Uh.... that isn't any different from the first game.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Pity they are keeping that wretched battle system. I was kind of hoping they would have a great change up like X2 was for X, which delivered their best to date.

Sign me up the battle system was the only reason I enjoyed FF XIII. Nothing like picking the right combination of characters and chaining attacks so bosses go down in minutes.

Kinda sad I know exactly where the narrative is going and personalities of the characters by just one screenshot. "Save it for later, you can fight, can't yout?" the boy says to the hesitant afraid girl...I swear I've heard that equivalent line in 10 other jrpgs.

ULTROS!

I'm going to assume that Noel is the old Fang (Fang used to be a boy until they decided Fang is going to be a girl).

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
cj_iwakura said:
If they even TOUCH the battle system, no sale. I loved it.
They said they'd improve the battle system.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
ULTROS! said:
Noel = Fang?

YEAH PLAYABLE SERAH FUCK YEAH.

Serah was the Osaka Street Whore right? One of Snowe's sidekicks?
EDIT: Lightning's sister/ Snowes girlfriend. I can't remember any of these characters outside the main 6

Yoshichan

truly101 said:
Serah was the Osaka Street Whore right? One of Snowe's sidekicks?
No, she was Lightnings' sis.

BlazingDarkness said:
Serah? I was hoping on Lightning returns
KHEjV.jpg

She's in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom