• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII-2 First screenshots

Status
Not open for further replies.

GenericUser

Zoe said:
Uh.... that isn't any different from the first game.

i know, and its now a good thing (at least for me).

There was something in me, foolish enough to believe that square learned its lesson with ff13-2 to stop the downfall of the franchise.

awilliams213 said:
Sign me up the battle system was the only reason I enjoyed FF XIII. Nothing like picking the right combination of characters and chaining attacks so bosses go down in minutes.
Except there was one combination that stould head and shoulders above the rest (Fang/Light/Hope), so you would end up only handicapping yourself if you used any other trio. I hope they put more diversity and viable combinations in this one.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
truly101 said:
Serah was the Osaka Street Whore right? One of Snowe's sidekicks?

That was Lebreau. Serah is Snow's lover.

Skilletor

I don't mind if they keep the battle system as long as they allow me to modify the AI's behavior, or swap characters mid battle.

I really don't see Kingdom Hearts here. He looks like generic samurai type in sci fi setting to me. Looks sterile like Star Ocean technology.

ezekial45

Banned
I still enjoyed FFXIII, despite all it's faults. I hope they take all the feedback into account this time and try to open the game up a bit.

I'm looking forward to see more.

ULTROS! said:
I'm going to assume that Noel is the old Fang (Fang used to be a boy until they decided Fang is going to be a girl).

I thought the same as well. His outfit definitely has similarities to Fang's.

Emonga said:
Except there was one combination that stould head and shoulders above the rest (Fang/Light/Hope), so you would end up only handicapping yourself if you used any other trio. I hope they put more diversity and viable combinations in this one.
This is true. I can't remember having Snow or Sazh much in my party. At least I have Vanille in once in a while.

Krujo

Banned
I can't believe this might come out this winter. That would be great if true. I need more rpgs in my life.

dramatis

ULTROS! said:
That was LeBlanc. Serah is Snow's lover.
Lol, she's Lebreau...LeBlanc was in X-2, the crazy hearts woman in love with a cripple.

...It's pretty sad how we don't really remember the characters in 13 because they're just that insignificant...

Hopefully they'll put more effort into adding on to the game's world than they did in X-2. Hated how that game had like 2 original dungeons, and all the rest of the locations were either reused, or boring stone corridors. It would be nice if they manage to make Cocoon feel like a coherent world rather than a hodge-podge of "wouldn't this look neat" levels.

Nice that they're keeping the core battle system from FFXIII, it was a good one. They should revamp the character/weapon leveling systems though, they were way too tedious in XIII

RPGCrazied

Think it'll have towns? Sorry, I just had to! I wonder how many assets they have to use from XIII. Expect to see a lot of reusing of models and stuff. Specially in how fast this game is coming out.

ultron87

This thread made me realize I don't give a shit about FFXIII story spoilers. *never got off Gran Pulse*

Wikipedia time!

Edit: I am now glad I didn't take the time to finish that game.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
SneakyStephan said:
Seriously? It made it play like a bloody mmo where you semi control all roles.
There's more micromanagement needed in FFXIII than every main FF combined. The hell you talking about?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
dramatis said:
Lol, she's Lebreau...LeBlanc was in X-2, the crazy hearts woman in love with a cripple.

...It's pretty sad how we don't really remember the characters in 13 because they're just that insignificant...

Who'll never forget Vanille? :p

ezekial45 said:
I still enjoyed FFXIII, despite all it's faults. I hope they take all the feedback into account this time and try to open the game up a bit.
And add a hard mode or something. FFXIII was the easiest FF ever and that's what made it so excurciatingly boring (at least until you got to Gran Pulse late in the game).

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Looks like FFXIII.

I was kinda hoping theyd revamp...like everything. -_-

ultron87 said:
This thread made me realize I don't give a shit about FFXIII story spoilers. *never got off Gran Pulse*

Wikipedia time!

Watch the ending on Youtube as well. It's pretty, if nothing else.

ULTROS!

RPGCrazied said:
Think it'll have towns? Sorry, I just had to! I wonder how many assets they have to use from XIII. Expect to see a lot of reusing of models and stuff. Specially in how fast this game is coming out.

It already has a town:

When her town is suddenly overrun by monsters.

:p

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
V_Ben said:
Looks like a sequel to 13 :p
Wait, what's going on here...

ultron87 said:

Wikipedia time!

Edit: I am now glad I didn't take the time to finish that game.
The biggest spoiler is even on the box itself (i.e. the logo), so eh.

JudgeN

YuriLowell said:
oh boy I cant wait to hit x for another 100 hours.

throw in some shifts for good measure.

Isn't this pretty much any RPG? Hit X, alilttle up/down, and more X's.

I liked the combat it just need some gambits, leader switching ability, and alot more towns/open areas. Then we will have a pretty good FF IMO.

oh yeah, the ffxiii aesthetics. urgh. :(
for some reason the teaser excited me but, as could be expected given the idea behind the project, i now think this'll be a little too close to ffxiii for my liking.

edit: just realised i sound a lot like tapedeck. ah well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom