• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hey Guest. Check out the NeoGAF 2.2 Update Thread for details on our new Giphy integration and other new features.

Final Fantasy XIII-2 might be real

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Dec 22, 2007
Great. I could use short shorts Lightning.

Lebron

Jun 28, 2007
Back in the day they would just commit Seppuku and call it a day. But no, they rather just keep on failing.

duckroll

Jun 7, 2004
Haha. Haters hurry up and quit gaming so I don't have to ban you when you endlessly whine about shit after it's announced! :lol

Nonoriri

If your name is Nonoriri you have to go buy Nanami's tampons.
Dec 28, 2008
New York City
DMPrince said:
whole game revolves around Snow plz. and bring back the dress sphere system.

Who would Why would anyone you want the game to focus on the worst character?

entremet

Dec 6, 2008
Yes! Enjoyed XIII--feel like I'm the only one in this board--so more of that would be awesome.

Empty

Sep 20, 2009
uk
twitter.com
the world in ffxiii was so fucking boring to me. no desire to see it brought back again, nor the characters, even if it means getting more final fantasy sooner.

badcrumble

May 12, 2006
duckroll said:
Haha. Haters hurry up and quit gaming so I don't have to ban you when you endlessly whine about shit after it's announced! :lol
Ha, but what will you do when I cleverly disguise my complaints as follows: "Gosh, I hope FFXIII-2 is [thinly veiled jab at FFXIII]"

Alucrid

Banned
May 30, 2009
If they make it all like FF XIII's end game, heck yeah. Otherwise I'll keep being skeptical. Also, no Vanille? Yay! No Fang? Awww.

duckroll

Jun 7, 2004
badcrumble said:
Ha, but what will you do when I cleverly disguise my complaints as follows: "Gosh, I hope FFXIII-2 is [thinly veiled jab at FFXIII]"

I would feel sorry for you. :(

brandonh83

Banned
Jun 26, 2005
It depends. I'm very curious to see what they do with it. I think it would be neat to get one with an open-world Cocoon.

riceandbeans

Feb 23, 2009
I hope so. The battle system had a few problems, like getting gangbanged and losing your turn when there were too many enemies and party leader insta-loss, but the fast paced nature of it I loved.

Story and character development was great too. They've already got the engine in place for both systems and feedback from consumers. A second game in the universe could iron out all the kinks and wash out the bad impression the first game left for some people.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Feb 26, 2005
Santa Destroy
Tentative interest?

Whatever happened to Ivalice Alliance? Need more of that.
I wonder if "Fortress" turned into FF13-2 instead.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Sep 10, 2007
If they add towns and a world map (without removing the corridor design) I'd buy it :)

World map is never coming back :(

GoldandBlue

Dec 22, 2007
Kinda surprised if they're just calling it Final Fantasy XIII-2. I thought SE was done with simple titles.

Maybe Motomu Toriyama wont direct? Or write? Or even touch it?

I know... one can dream.