• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII-2 might be real

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
~Kinggi~ said:
X-2 was a piece of shit. The tone of that game made me want to kill myself.
But you've got tildes right in your name. You're the target audience for X-2.

duckroll said:
Maybe since T3B didn't do so hot in Japan, and the PSP is dead outside of Japan, FFXIII-2 is the HD TPS they'll make instead of another game with Aya! That'll be better I think...

Lighting: "Oh right! I forgot this thing was a gun...."

Crewnh said:
You have faith in them making a third person shooter?

Apparently 3rd Birthday was good?

MrMephistoX

Hellsing321 said:
Hope its awesome like FFX-2 and not terrible like FFXIII.

Nice, it would be pretty awesome to see what the team could pull off with a finished engine and nothing to generate from scratch but content.

I honestly don't even care. If it's going to be exactly like FF13 then that kind of sucks I guess but if it will just continue the story/characters or something but have totally different mechanics and gameplay then go ahead.

And not even square is stupid enough to release a game exactly like FF13, so I'm confident either way.

Vamphuntr

MechaX said:
But for the love of God, don't let Toriyama near it in terms of writing. I know you don't have any good writers, but fucking freelance it to Matsuno or ANYONE ELSE. I don't think I can take another catastrophically terribly written RPG this generation.

Please leave Matsuno out of this. He's about as bad as the other writers they have. He dropped the ball so hard with 12 I don't trust him anymore.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
duckroll said:
Or they could do the opposite of FFX-2. All male cast, heavy homosexual overtones, and a slower turn based fighting system similar to FFX!

Day one. :lol

FFXII's system would also be acceptable. Anything except the brain dead monstrosity of a fighting system that was FFXIII's.

MechaX

Fimbulvetr said:
If only Lightning was a better Medic.

Then I could make my adults-only party of Sazh/Lightning/Fang.

Very true. But it's also a shame that they had to make Hope so hopelessly overpowered in the magic department. But hey, at least by the point where you can actually choose party members, Hope's role in the story essentially becomes nonexistent!

The good news is that we wouldn't have to deal with the Crystarium system. :D

I was actually thinking about the Crystarium earlier today. When considering that there is virtually no room for freedom like in the Sphere Grid of License Board outside of which role to level up, why have the Crystarium instead of just standard leveling up with some Job Class equivalent system?

Vamphuntr said:
Please leave Matsuno out of this. He's about as bad as the other writers they have. He dropped the ball so hard with 12 I don't trust him anymore.

There's really not much you can do for a writing team if you end up leaving the company you were writing for part of the way through. Hell, it's so bad that you can essentially tell at what point Matsuno dropped out of the runnings.

Foffy

Banned
Vamphuntr said:

He didn't stay throughout the development of XII, though...

As someone who loved XIII, I really hope this doesn't delay XV. Kitase's team is the only one left at Square worth a damn.

Also, make sure Nojima writes it.

MechaX

Nolan. said:
I hope so, I think they'll do better this time (damn you haters give them a chance!)

I gave them $60 and 50 hours worth of a chance last time when I really didn't have to (yeah, I enjoyed Gran Pulse, but in what cockamamie world is it sensible for a game to "get good" 25 hours in?). At what point am I qualified to start hating or is this a Catch-22 where I am barred from complaining because I played the game too much?

-Pyromaniac- said:
how dare you hate on nomura

I kind of consider Nomura's team like an offshoot of Kitase's team. Of course everything got so fucked up with team leads leaving that no one even knows what's going on there. KH team is good though.

Vamphuntr

Foffy said:
He didn't stay throughout the development of XII, though...

I know this but why did he leave? Rumors are talking about health concerns... I guess they didn't let him do a political heavy plot involving religion and betrayals again so left. You can feel his taint on FF12, in the first parts of the game you get those cutscenes talking about the wars and what is going on in bunch of countries after major events but your party never references these much. There is a trademark betrayal in the beginning too with the evil twin. You also get to meet God at some point... Guess they recycled his amazing ideas.

Great news :D

FFXIII was one of the most balanced battle systems I played. Never grinded at all and I was able to complete all the missions. Mission 62 and 64 were intense fights.

Amir0x

Banned
maybe this time it'll not suck ass. You never know what can happen in round 2. Each Final Fantasy game is so distinct that it's little chance this will have any similarities to FFXIII except the characters.

Actually, bubblegum pop parodying up of the universe would be an improvement over the farce that was FFXIII's story to boot. Which is saying something

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
badcrumble said:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

32ztcwn.gifb363_o.png

I'm surprised no one avatar'd this response

Kaldea

Hated XIII and especially hated X-2. Absolutely despised the characters in each.

I think I'm pretty much done caring about/buying new FF games. Happy for those who actually do like the new stuff though.

Vamphuntr said:

I'm sorry, XII's horrible pacing and cut content don't suddenly negate the existence of Tactics and Vagrant Story. :lol

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
FFXIII was my biggest disappointment this generation. The game just didn't feel complete. By the time things get a little interesting, the game just ends. Apparently Square took out many storyline details which would've fleshed out the game in a more coherent way.
The stereotypical and annoying characters didn't help. The three things which pretty much must go along with high budget titles, visuals, music and presentation were ace though. The OST wasn't bad either.

Anyway. The prologue novel, upon reading it, at least makes the story a little more tolerable.
Someone was kind enough to translate it.

http://dilly-shilly.blogspot.com/se...-max=2010-12-18T12:33:00-08:00&max-results=20

Every time I hear FF13 I get Oerba's music stuck in my head. Man, the game had such good atmosphere combining the visuals and the audio. I love you Hamauzu.

Kadey said:
FFXIII was my biggest disappointment this generation. The game just didn't feel complete. By the time things get a little interesting, the game just ends. Apparently Square took out many storyline details which would've fleshed out the game in a more coherent way.
The stereotypical and annoying characters didn't help. The three things which pretty much must go along with high budget titles, visuals, music and presentation were ace though. The OST wasn't bad either.

Anyway. The prologue novel, upon reading it, at least makes the story a little more tolerable.
Someone was kind enough to translate it.

http://dilly-shilly.blogspot.com/se...-max=2010-12-18T12:33:00-08:00&max-results=20

It is not exaggeration to say that those prologue stories were much more interesting than the plot in XIII itself. Besides, it had Jihl in it!!

Jerk

Banned
Fimbulvetr said:
I'm sorry, XII's horrible pacing and cut content don't suddenly negate the existence of Tactics and Vagrant Story. :lol

I think that it is important to remember who it is that actually wrote most of XIII and XII.

It is he and only he that deserves most of our scorn.

Jerk 2.0 said:
I think that it is important to remember who it is that actually wrote most of XIII and XII.

It is he and only he that deserves most of our scorn.

Ignoring all other things "just as bad as the other writers" is still a blatant lie considering that the main writers at Square are responsible for XIII and Kingdom Hearts. :lol

They make XII(and everything else that isn't Heavy Rain/Indigo Prophecy) look like a masterpiece of storytelling.

Top Bottom