• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII-2 on Steam - Dec 11 (1080p/60fps, dual language, includes DLC)

L~A

Mod Abuse:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/292140/

Now Enhanced for Windows PC
Including a range of the downloadable content from the original console, plus the choice for either English or Japanese voiceovers, 60 frames-per-second graphics and customizeable rendering resolution (720p, 1080p, and more).

znlfwn.JPG

----

Square-Enix has just uploaded the Steam trailer for Final Fantasy XIII-2. Looks like it's coming out on Dec. 11.

Trailer

Not sure it's already been posted (and original PR doesn't mention the release date for this game).

Seanspeed

Banned
Was happy about hearing FFXIII coming to PC(and bought it), but this is the one I really want. Got it for PS3 but haven't played it yet.

Getting this Day 1.

glaurung

Didn't care for the nonsensical story, but this is great news.

Though I expect this one will be as bad a port as FFXIII was. Hopefully Lightning Returns PC isn't far away now.

Obligatory GIF too:
ijHg13fDRC4NR.gif

Rezae

Absolutely terrible and confusing "story" IMO, but at least the game is a somewhat open compared to XIII and the gameplay is top-notch. Will double dip.

The Cowboy

Holding out this time, after the terrible port of the last one not just with res/options but performance, i just can't bring myself to be exited this time.

With new features and enhancement ?
Incoming decent port ?

I think they'll struggle to get anyone to believe them. This announcement really needs to be combined with a announcement that they're aware of the problems with the XIII port and will be releasing a patch to fix them (or if nothing else, at least the shocking performance issues).

Adaren

XIII-1 is definitely optimized for the PS3, whereas XIII-2 and LR had much more even performance between the two consoles. If they're porting based on the 360 version, then the sequel ports may have better performance than the first game did.

All just wild speculation, though. Hoping for a solid port!

koutoru

Hoping for a better port this time.
Although considering how they never address those issues in the first game I'm not hopeful.

EDIT: If I remember correctly, I thought a SE rep on steam said that they would pass the PC port concerns over to HQ.
I guess since we didn't hear back from anyone at SE the response from SE Japan wasn't very hopeful.

KarasuEXE

Welp, I have about 12 hours in FFXIII and I think I still have a long way to go (first time playing it). I wonder if I can find some free time to finish it before the next one arrives...

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
All Time RPG Classic ?

DA FUCK ? Which circle holds XIII-2 as an all time RPG classic ?

Frumix

Suffering From Success
"All-time classic".

Nope, can't keep a straight face.

Well at least it seems to imply DLC will be coming? I hope?

Joey Ravn

Banned
With new features and enhancement ?
Incoming decent port ?

I wouldn't get my hopes up. Squeenix also promised that "Final Fantasy XIII has been optimised for PC, featuring full screen support and running at 60FPS". It's still right there on the Steam page.

Already sold my PS3 version but this needs to have all dlc included or else I'm out. Much better game than XIII and hopefully a better port as well.

Aru

All Time RPG Classic ?

DA FUCK ? Which circle holds XIII-2 as an all time RPG classic ?

I would certainly consider XIII-2 an all time RPG classic.
- It's my favorite entry of the trilogy
- I absolutely love time traveling
- The plot is entertaining
- The characters are great, especially Noel, Caius (best villain since Sephiroth) and Yeul
- Battle system is top notch despite the relative easiness of most battles
(only Caius battles were challenging for me, as I didn't grind at all)
- and finally: DAT OST

JoJoSono

Banned
"all time classic".

lol ok Sqaure. XIII-2 is pretty shitty. Much worse than XIII. Yep taking the things XIII did well and messing with them was a good idea.

I'd be interested just to see the game run better, but since XIII's port was crap I'm not holding out hope.

Arizato

Might actually double dip on this. I really dislike XIII and Lighting Returns to no end, but I had tons of fun with XIII-2 even to the point where I ended up getting a Platinum on the PS3. That scene were you had to
find Noel in the future while getting his backstory explained was great. His theme fit perfectly!

Top Bottom