• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 TGS News Thread [New Details, One Disc On 360]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=or9pkEXIuvk

Theme song. Yakusoku no Basho by Fukui Mai... will be in the PS3 version only. Japanese Xbox version gets New World by Charice, which is also probably the western release too.

All TGS stuff in here.

TRAILER: http://tgs.playstation.jp/lineup/ps3/#M3P_20_F132
http://ps3.rpgsite.net/news/1245-final-fantasy-xiii2-tokyo-game-show-trailer

Update:

The Xbox version will be on 1 disc.

Does this mean that Square Enix has rushed the game out with little content? In an interview with the magazine, director Motomu Toriyama says that the game actually has the same amount of volume as the original. The reason they're able to fit the game in less space this time is that the event scenes are real time. In addition to saving Xbox 360 players a trip from the couch to the entertainment center (horrors!), this has the added bonus of event scenes showing your armor changes.

Other points mentioned in Famitsu this week include:

HOPE

The version of Hope shown in the Tokyo Game Show trailer is from 10 years after FFXIII, when the character is 24 years old. He's head of a scientific investigation group of some form.

KAIAS

The TGS trailer introduced us to Kaias, the mysterious character from the first FFXIII-2 trailer way back in January. Did you get an evil villain vibe from him? Then your evil villain detector is working! Kaias is a villain who's having a bad influence on both Valhalla, the place where Lightning spends her time nowadays, and Serah's world.

CHAOS

In the TGS trailers, did you spot the black smoke that looked like it was coming from Lightning? It's called "Chaos."

VIOLENCE

The game will have some extreme scenes, although not at the level of Final Fantasy Type-0. (I believe this means scenes of extreme violence and war-like depictions, which is something that Type-0 is said to have a lot of).

QTEs

Not fond of QTEs? While XIII-2 will have quick timer events, there won't be much of a demerit if you fail at them. There will be some merits to clearing them, but only subtle.

PARTIES

In XIII-2, you can now switch your currently controlled character during battle. Also, different from XIII, the battle does not end when your leader dies.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IV1YI1DT 1080p Japanese PV

http://media.rpgsite.net/video/280/366/final-fantasy-xiii2-promise-trailer
http://media.rpgsite.net/video/280/367/final-fantasy-xiii2-despair-trailer

DLC and pre-order bonuses confirmed.

Siliconera said:
Final Fantasy XIII-2 Will Have Downloadable Content, Lots Of It
By Spencer . September 19, 2011 . 12:55am

Square Enix considered releasing downloadable content for Final Fantasy XIII, but canned those plans and made a direct sequel instead. Serah’s story will have downloadable content. Producer Yoshinori Kitase said at Tokyo Game Show they are making downloadable costumes, monsters, and weapons for Final Fantasy XIII-2. Seems like some DLC will be pre-order bonuses, Lawson, a chain of convenience stores will give players a downloadable content code as a bonus.

Final Fantasy XIII-2 comes out for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 on December 15 in Japan. Square Enix have a North American release slated for January 31, 2012 and Europe gets the game on February 3rd. So far, the Lightning Edition Ver. 2 PS3 bundle is just for Japan.
Source: http://www.siliconera.com/2011/09/19/final-fantasy-xiii-2-will-have-downloadable-content-lots-of-it/

Also, a transcript of the second trailer.

Kagari said:
Transcript of the second TGS PV:

Much like the PS3 version, the Xbox PV begins with an event scene.

Kaias, the man with the purple hair and dark sword, readies his weapon and says, “Beautiful pain; let the feast begin.” The red stone in the sword’s handle starts to make a sound like something is breaking open. The sword becomes surrounded by a purple mist. The man waves the sword, pointing it upward and then swinging it down. He then jumps into the sky.

Lightning, wearing mysterious armor, appears. She’s slashing her sword horizontally, with feathers flying everywhere.

With his back to Serah, Noel starts to speak, “We were born during a period of destruction. I was the last child left behind. All of my comrades died one by one, and when I was the last remaining survivor, I knew that I wasn’t able to fulfill everyone’s wishes.”

Kaias and the girl with the veil, known as Yuru, are at a gate. Kaias says, “Is the dawn visible?” Yuru replies, “…depends on the heart… of the two.”

Some kind of interface system is on screen, search Lightning’s arm. On her left arm, a l’Cie mark(?) is detected.

Somewhere in a developed metropolitan area, people in front of Noel and Serah begin emitting light. Continuously, one by one they become Cie’th. Kaias appears behind Noel and Serah, warning them, “You two are the spear and shield [conflict and dilemma]. I will have to make you disappear.”

Yuru points to Serah and says, “You and I are the same… You will surely be guided.”

Noel, through the crack in time and space (?) moves toward Serah and says, “Every time we cross the gate, I’m sure we’re getting closer and closer to Lightning. Believe this, now.”

Many battle scenes in different places now appear, including caith sith and chocobo QTEs.

Noel readies his sword and shouts, “Give up, Kaias!”
Kaias, “Sorry to tell you, unfortunately this body cannot die!”

Somewhere in a facility, there’s machinery surrounding a room.
Yuru says, “Beyond death, encompassing all memory of all time, he, Kais will definitely never die.”
In shock, Noel replies, “His body can’t die?!”

Slicing her sword downward, Lightning appears riding Sleipnir. This scene is in CG.
Kaias yells, “Shout the joy of the battle!” Swinging his sword toward the ground, he dashes forward. Lightning jumps upward to dodge.

Kaias remarks, “Impressive.”
Lightning, “Stop fooling around.”

The two move toward each other, and their swords clash.

Noel holds the girl that fainted.
Yuru, “If I live, time will be in dilemma.” In front of them, Serah is crying. “For us to activate the Paradox, Yuru became the substitute…”

In a barren place, Kaias looks at Noel standing with one of his hands on the ground. Kaias swings his sword and stabs Noel in the back.

Noel falls in place with blood flowing.

The trailer ends with the FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 logo, and release date of December 15, 2011.
Reveirg said:
New song on the S-E Music blog: http://blog.jp.square-enix.com/music/cm_blog/

"Missing Link" from Mitsuto Suzuki, it sounds incredible!!!
miladesn said:
new cutscene recorded from xbox booth/insdie xbox: o_o it's like 15 seconds
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdRiR3BWJ8s

multiple Odins?

cool. But I wish they'd keep these Japanese tracks for the western release and simply rerecord with an english vocalist. It would be cheaper for them to I'd imagine.

xion4360

from that glimpse, im glad to see the new trailer will be showing off new shit... it makes sense.

Nice looking city.

jackdoe

DMPrince said:
do not want charice. just give me Leona lewis. hell just give me GAGA.
Haha. Don't know who the hell Charice is.

Lucis said:
ah ha, superior version determined

kagari will be calling me weeaboo
There's nothing wrong with wanting to hear cringe worthy dialogue in it's native tongue.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Nora Kisaragi said:
Wait, so they're pulling the theme song BS Again? No option for JP themesong in the western release? They didn't learn from FF13?

Pass.

It's the same music, just a different singer for the English.

Droplet

Combichristoffersen said:
Charice? Is that some Pokemon?
I was kidding about Shania Twain, although she would've been way better than Leona Lewis

I actually have no idea who that is. I didn't know who Leona Lewis was either when XIII's song came out. I feel like we should identify every singer by their most well-known song so I know who the hell everyone is talking about.

Nora Kisaragi said:
Wait, so they're pulling the theme song BS Again? No option for JP themesong in the western release? They didn't learn from FF13?

Pass.

I said this in the other thread when Kagari first posted it, but it's more than likely that the Western song is the same song in solely English. If you listen to the song in the video, Charice is singing all the English parts, so she'll probably be singing the translated version in the Western release.

...beaten by Kagari.

Beth Cyra

Hmm weird choice, but still I was picking upt he PS3 version anyway so no biggie.

I disagree the graphics are bad, though they do feel way more uneven then XIII.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Droplet said:
I actually have no idea who that is. I didn't know who Leona Lewis was either when XIII's song came out. I feel like we should identify every singer by their most well-known song so I know who the hell everyone is talking about.

I'd heard about her prior to FF XIII, but I was under the impression that she was only really popular in the US with Europe don't giving a shit about her

Thoraxes

I was wondering why your post disappeared from the other thread.

I'll re-post what I said.

Woah that city area shown in the video briefly looks really cool. Almost looks a lot like the city that's been shown in previous Versus videos, with all the cool lights and stuff. Damn, it looks really good.
Also, yay theme song.

jackdoe

At the 30 second mark, is that a Versus XIII tie in?

Thoraxes said:
Woah that city area shown in the video briefly looks really cool. Almost looks a lot like the city that's been shown in previous Versus videos, with all the cool lights and stuff. Damn, it looks really good.
Also, yay theme song.
Yeah, this. It doesn't match the aesthetic of FFXIII cities and it looks "real world" FF vXIII style.

Thoraxes

jackdoe said:
At the 30 second mark, is that a Versus XIII tie in?

Yeah, this. It doesn't match the aesthetic of FFXIII cities and it looks "real world" FF vXIII style.
With time-travel, you have liberty to do anything I guess.

Droplet

Combichristoffersen said:
I'd heard about her prior to FF XIII, but I was under the impression that she was only really popular in the US with Europe don't giving a shit about her

Are we talking about Leona Lewis? I would've known her if somebody just said she sang Bleeding Love, but alas, all I got was some horrible Engrish from Wada (I think it was?) talking about using a song from some woman who just got out of the shower's album. It's just too confusing sometimes. :| ...except I thought it would've been the other way around considering she won Britain's version of American Idol.

A-anyway the new backgrounds look really cool. I'm glad we're not just going back to areas we've already been to. Or maybe we are, but at least they look different.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Kyoufu said:
I like how it says XBOX 360 and not PS3 in the video.

I also like how the game looks. Looks great!

Huh?

It says the Xbox version will only have the English version of the song, while the PS3 will have Japanese...

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Droplet said:
Are we talking about Leona Lewis? I would've known her if somebody just said she sang Bleeding Love, but alas, all I got was some horrible Engrish from Wada (I think it was?) talking about using a song from some woman who just got out of the shower's album. It's just too confusing sometimes. :| ...except I thought it would've been the other way around considering she won Britain's version of American Idol.

Yeah, Lewis. As I said, I'd heard about her prior to FF XIII, but the only song of hers I've ever actually heard is the FF XIII song (which was completely forgettable too).

Aeana

I was so disappointed when Charice left Glee after like 2 episodes. I was so sure she was going to join the cast. She was the most amazing person ever on the show. (._. )

Glad she's involved in this.

Charice? Well Pyramid sounded good so I have no objections to her singing and I guess have her sing is a good choice for the game, but I assume like FFXIII it wont be on the official soundtrack release.

Kyoufu

Kagari said:
Huh?

It says the Xbox version will only have the English version of the song, while the PS3 will have Japanese...

That's my point. I like how there is a 360 version on same day as PS3. Why did they even bother with the time exclusivity the first time?

EctoPrime

I wonder how many people that bought XIII because of Leona Lewis actually got to the part with her song in it. Im guessing 4-5 people at best.

Kyoufu said:
That's my point. I like how there is a 360 version on same day as PS3. Why did they even bother with the time exclusivity the first time?

In Japan, Western games are trash. Call of Duty is a bargain bin title, you could probably buy a call of duty game there for five dollars. Saying you endorse the western gaming console in japan is bad publicity.

They didn't WANT to endorse FF13 on the Xbox in Japan, and i'm not sure why they eventually caved in. Microsoft probably paid them or something. Anyway, no time exclusivity this time around since its a sequel to FF13 so they don't want to leave japanese 360 players that played the 360 FF13 out.

Um... the PS3 and 360 version of XIII-2 were announced together this time...

Pretty sure that poster's talking about the timed exclusivity of FF13.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Kyoufu said:

Um... the PS3 and 360 version of XIII-2 were announced together this time...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom