• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XIII | The Official Import Thread

onken

RPGCrazied said:
elemental rings! check! they used for a weapon upgrade?

Not for a weapon upgrade, but you'll need them if you want the every item/weapon trophy. A maxed out omikuji can also be broken down to yield the relevant ring, so don't sell those either just in case.

cryptic said:
In my fantasy land this game would bomb horribly in sales, receive terrible reviews, and usher in a swathe of ff12 clones with more mature storylines and aesthetics.

I'm so pissed I waited all these years for this completely unappealing dredge.
We share the same dream.

Dragon

Banned
cryptic said:
In my fantasy land this game would bomb horribly in sales, receive terrible reviews, and usher in a swathe of ff12 clones with more mature storylines and aesthetics.

I'm so pissed I waited all these years for this completely unappealing dredge.

Believe it or not, some people prefer a linear experience. FF12 had no soul and it was painfully boring for me. I don't want wRPGs in my jRPGs.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Anyone know the fix for that trophy/theme glitch... I seem to have it... not getting some trophies I should have gotten D:

Strange issue all of a sudden. My main dullshock controller randomly dosent work with this game. It works in the FFXIII menu, the PS menu, and every other game. It's just when it gets to the actual game it won't work. Anyone know what's up?

Edit-Shit I didn't realize I bumped the import thread. I'm sorry.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
EDIT: Oops. Wrong FFXIII thread. Thought this was the non-import one.

I have had the Chinese import for a long while but today I finally decided to start it. I know there is a lot of negativity but I played it for a few hours and I don't feel it's bad at all, it's just linear. I'm actually quite enjoying myself.

For those who got the Platinum trophy.... how many hours your clocked ticked grinding and leveling everything ?

I'm re - thinking of giving the platinum trophy a chance :p .

Averon

Just started FF13 (PS3) last night. Not really a fan of the dialog (I hope they drop that 'hero' schtick soon) and I don't have much issue with the linearity...yet. The battle system seems deep and a faster paced version of FF12. My only complaint is that I'm having a hard time keeping up with everything that's happening on screen.

KyteTron

Banned
Woody Invincible said:
I just started playing the asian version the other night. So much better on the ears. Vanille is now bearable!

Nia Teppelin 2.0 makes it so much better.

Need XIII-2 Asian Version.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Ugh, if only I had held out on that patch--I wouldn't have taken so long to plat the English version, and would've done it with the JP version instead...

The Praiseworthy said:
For those who got the Platinum trophy.... how many hours your clocked ticked grinding and leveling everything ?

I'm re - thinking of giving the platinum trophy a chance :p .
141 hours of mentally taxing frustration in the NA version.
Technically, I spent 200 hours with this game since I got the story trophies with the Japanese version. :(

The patch should remedy that, though. You now get Easy Mode in the PS3 JP version:
- players deal even more damage when you get an enemy into break status
- item drop rates are higher -- essential to making your Treasure Hunter trophy easier to get

Averon said:
I hope they drop that 'hero' schtick soon
HERO SANJOU.

Dark Schala said:
The patch should remedy that, though. You now get Easy Mode in the PS3 JP version:
- players deal even more damage when you get an enemy into break status
- item drop rates are higher -- essential to making your Treasure Hunter trophy easier to get

But that only for the JP version now.... is there any news if this is coming to the NA version too?

Kagari said:
Hmm, I just beat the final boss in about a minute, lol.

So you can just chance to easy mode from the menu settings? no need to pick it from the start of the game?

Ok... if that so, will this effect the trophies? because there is one for beating the last form of the final boss under 5 minutes and you just did it in 1 :p !!!

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
The Praiseworthy said:
But that only for the JP version now.... is there any news if this is coming to the NA version too?

So you can just chance to easy mode from the menu settings? no need to pick it from the start of the game?

Ok... if that so, will this effect the trophies? because there is one for beating the last form of the final boss under 5 minutes and you just did it in 1 :p !!!

Yes, and I got that trophy XD

You can switch it in the Config, yes. I continued from an old save and it worked fine.

RPGCrazied

The Praiseworthy said:
oh wow... that is so sweet :eek:

any news or chance if the NA version is getting this patch too?

I doubt it. I'd actually finish the play-thru on the PS3 I got going. I never liked the difficulty in the game. I died so many times in the 360 version. Mostly on bosses though.

Sinople

Dark Schala said:

OMG yes!
I was so frustrated with fighting again and again those giants turtle/mammoth things for hours all for nothing.

onken

Kagari said:
Yes, and I got that trophy XD

You can switch it in the Config, yes. I continued from an old save and it worked fine.

Nice, I might go back and max out everyone's weapons and then put the difficulty back up and wreck some shit. BECAUSE I CAN.

Top Bottom