• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Beta Phase 3 (PC/PS3) June 14th, New trailer

You will both remain on your original (legacy) server for the time being. Legacy characters won't be able to migrate (supposedly till the rest of the population catches up, after that point it's up in the air) on 'fresh start' new servers. There will be no legacy/non-legacy segregation and anyone will still be able to create a new character on any server. They just don't want Legacy characters to start interfering with brand new economies
(which was a concern for many new players).

Oh okay, that makes a lot of sense. Thanks for the clarification. :)

omlet

What server is GAF on in XIV?

Spread all around. However, the closest thing to a GAF group in XIV was on Lindblum (then Sargatanas after merge). It was a linkshell named NeoBelieve. This linkshell will probably exist in ARR as well. However, it will be on a legacy server, so gaffers interested in a fresh start may want to organize something else on one of the new servers. Check the latest page of community forum thread for details.

Can someone please explain all this "Legacy server" stuff? One of my friends has a Legacy account, but I do not. We were both on the same server in XIV 1.0 and had a pretty fun time leveling together. Since he is a Legacy member, will his character be moved to another server away from mine? Or will we still be on the same server?

I'm a little concerned because I don't think I want to start over if he's on a different server than I am, and I'm not sure if we can transfer servers.
AFAIK, by default you will both remain on the same server together. The term legacy may be throwing you off here:
Legacy character - Character that was created in 1.x
Legacy server/world - Server/world that existed at the end of 1.x
Legacy account - Account that qualified for the discounted subscription by subbing to 1.x for long enough

All legacy characters will remain on legacy worlds. By default you'll be on the same server (well, it may get renamed) you were on in 1.x. You can server transfer a legacy character but only to legacy worlds. Legacy account players are not getting moved anywhere. Hope that helps.

Jarnet87

So...

Is this game gonna be any good? Kinda been wanting to get into an MMO for a while. I'm interested in the PS3 version.

Phase 4 is open beta, try and check it out. Some people think it feels a lot like WoW with the new questing system (at least at early levels), I don't mind it and find that it works better then the old system. As always it's a question of can the game hold subscribers after they hit the cap. So far it looks like there are some decent things to do at endgame.

AFAIK, by default you will both remain on the same server together. The term legacy may be throwing you off here:
Legacy character - Character that was created in 1.x
Legacy server/world - Server/world that existed at the end of 1.x
Legacy account - Account that qualified for the discounted subscription by subbing to 1.x for long enough

All legacy characters will remain on legacy worlds. By default you'll be on the same server (well, it may get renamed) you were on in 1.x. You can server transfer a legacy character but only to legacy worlds. Legacy account players are not getting moved anywhere. Hope that helps.

Ahh, yes. That's where my confusion was coming from - using the term legacy to refer to both older characters/servers and the Legacy accounts. Thanks! I'm glad my friend and I will still be on the same servers together. :)

Phase 4 is open beta, try and check it out. Some people think it feels a lot like WoW with the new questing system (at least at early levels), I don't mind it and find that it works better then the old system. As always it's a question of can the game hold subscribers after they hit the cap. So far it looks like there are some decent things to do at endgame.

We're still going to be able to use our old XIV 1.0 characters in Phase 4 and keep all the stuff we get during the beta, right? I think I read that, anyways.

Top Bottom