• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - New Screenshots

N.A

Banned
PC/PS3 beta Sign Up::
NA:http://entry.ffxiv.com/beta/na

EU (English):http://entry.ffxiv.com/beta/eu
EU (French): http://entry.ffxiv.com/beta/fr
EU (German): http://entry.ffxiv.com/beta/de

JP:http://entry.ffxiv.com/beta/jp

New Screenshots of Classes & Jobs. Arcanist/Summoner will be revealed soon.

Classes

Archer
sb60MkB.jpg

W1iXGv6.jpg

ig3uDgD.jpg

Gladiator
hnOsO6h.jpg

A5jmwjq.jpg

mKOTkJL.jpg

Lancer
oRd6OQP.jpg

2M89aPe.jpg

0Cib44Y.jpg

Marauder
3PJ4vxX.jpg

BB2QdNF.jpg

ZDUS9of.jpg

Pugilist
N5MaOD2.jpg

D0t0S1l.jpg

p2V4Juc.jpg

Conjurer
B4cs7Jn.jpg

qp6cusH.jpg

BzKgRCS.jpg

Thaumaturge
dttPtiB.jpg

NfZVPAs.jpg

lgXERh7.jpg

Jobs

Bard
AY5xwhn.jpg

FiBPMwN.jpg

LnJ84BC.jpg

Dragoon
Uv5yeez.jpg

TocAYFF.jpg

zC7rDdp.jpg

Monk
S3TESkV.jpg

lg4g450.jpg

WKVi8mR.jpg

Paladin
SSkVk4c.jpg

3COCkRf.jpg

YKcCxMT.jpg

Warrior
QsPwJLe.jpg

g9gqp8d.jpg

8Sc0xcZ.jpg

Black Mage
1urQDD3.jpg

Oxf333Z.jpg

GgOEJJ7.jpg

White Mage
WyjPqCn.jpg

0m6e9Gq.jpg

QbrB5RW.jpg

Midou

I kind of appreciate a more traditional combat MMO after all these recent run around enemies in circles attacking action MMOs as of late.

Can't wait for Phase 3 so I can try out Marauder. Looks great as always.

Alchemy

Looks like shiny FFXI. Keeping an eye on this, could be awesome if the content structure isn't as bad as FFXI was for casual/solo/duo players. Though I believe FFXI is more friendly now, so I'm cautiously optimistic.

Midou

Looks like shiny FFXI. Keeping an eye on this, could be awesome if the content structure isn't as bad as FFXI was for casual/solo/duo players. Though I believe FFXI is more friendly now, so I'm cautiously optimistic.

Well FFXIV at its base was much more solo and small party friendly, the problem was, the content was lacking across the whole game. They seem to have been going down the right path with the changes in this version.

Shabutaro

Looks great. Cant wait to play it at some point.

I really like the screen of the bard? (the one with the shiny music notes lol)

I kind of appreciate a more traditional combat MMO after all these recent run around enemies in circles attacking action MMOs as of late.

Can't wait for Phase 3 so I can try out Marauder. Looks great as always.

You don't run around in circles in traditional tab targetting mmos?

I usually do that even against trash mobs because otherwise i'd be bored as balls!

LuuKyK

Looks good! Im excited for it. Would be more though, if Square wasnt ignoring me for the beta this entire time. ~_~

Aeana

I really like the new take on the white mage robes. I've played a bit of the beta, but at this point I just want the thing to launch. At least phase 4 shouldn't have any wipes after it.

Gold Member
I signed up for the eu beta for this the other day. Hope I get selected, I love me some MMO action.

Screens look sweet too, I can hear my PC crying already.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
what's the difference between classes and jobs?

Classes (Lancer, Gladiator, Conjurer, etc.) govern your base skills , and jobs are additional skills on top of your class designed for group play. Afaik, requirements for jobs are having certain levels in multiple classes.

Riposte

Classes are accessed by equipping the appropriate weapon. Jobs must be unlocked and are tied to individual classes. Jobs use classes as a base. Classes have access to more abilities from other classes while jobs get unique abilities and have less freedom in that aspect.

You can think of jobs like advanced classes (if you're familiar with SWTOR). But the big difference that you can switch jobs. So there might be like 10 jobs, and each class can be either of 2 jobs. For example, a conjurer can be either a white mage or a bard. So if your class is conjurer, you can set your job to either white mage or bard and get additional skills etc.

There are some other details, but that's the gist

Whompa

Looks pretty and Square hopefully turned this entire project around from a content/gameplay perspective so people can stop crying about it.

FlyFaster

I played the beta and it played like shit.

Worse then vanilla 14, which is not a good thing. Global cool down for all moves is terribly stupid. Only thing this game has going for it is it looks pretty. Combat is boring as hell.

Worse then vanilla 14, which is not a good thing. Global cool down for all moves is terribly stupid. Only thing this game has going for it is it looks pretty. Combat is boring as hell.

Don't most MMOs have a global cooldown?

Ferrio

Banned

So just like 11 with hefty cooldowns? Ugh.

FlyFaster

So just like 11. Ugh.

pretty much. Monsters sit there and so do you, doing next to nothing and landing "blows" that have zero impact.

I played 11 for a bit too and gave up on it, moved to 14 and, meh. It's just very bland. Not super terrible but not special at all.

Top Bottom