• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT2| Use a security token. Seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh, after 45 minutes of trying I finally made it in.

20 minutes later I lose connection to the server.

What awful things did I do in a past life to deserve this?

Ken

If you can't convert it to materia like the higher-level stuff, and it's no use to any other class you might play, sell it to the vendor.

Does level of the item determine how good the materia comes out? Like will a materia you get out of a level 40 item be way better than something out of a level 10 item? If so I'll just sell this stuff off.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Worse now than when I tried earlier. Server list wont even load now.

A friend bought the PS3 version (more money!) and is pretty furious. This is not looking good at all. Creating such fiercely negative reactions to your relaunched product even when its good and people want to play it.

You never hear enough about people getting fired over this shit, especially when we're one whole week later and its worse than ever.

Tarazet

Does level of the item determine how good the materia comes out? Like will a materia you get out of a level 40 item be way better than something out of a level 10 item? If so I'll just sell this stuff off.

You should be able to convert level 10 stuff. The only stuff I haven't been able to convert was the starter level 1 weapons which I just vendored. But yes, higher level gear yields better materia.

DarkKyo

Ugh, after 45 minutes of trying I finally made it in.

20 minutes later I lose connection to the server.

What awful things did I do in a past life to deserve this?

I've been trying to log in for 4 hours and nothing yet.

4 hours. I'm beginning to think my computer has lost the ability to connect, somehow.

Iresecia

Neo Member
Worse now than when I tried earlier. Server list wont even load now.

A friend bought the PS3 version (more money!) and is pretty furious. This is not looking good at all. Creating such fiercely negative reactions to your relaunched product even when its good and people want to play it.

You never hear enough about people getting fired over this shit, especially when we're one whole week later and its worse than ever.

At least they're extending the playtime a bit but I wonder if that's gonna be enough? I mean I know people shout about entitlement when a game launch goes bad and people expect something but I think this relaunch is pretty epic in terms of screw ups.

It seems to be getting worse so I'm doubting any fixes being any help. At least til people just get fed up and stop playing period then you can actually log in to a ghost town.

Kosma

Banned
At least they're extending the playtime a bit but I wonder if that's gonna be enough? I mean I know people shout about entitlement when a game launch goes bad and people expect something but I think this relaunch is pretty epic in terms of screw ups.

They will have to re relaunch this game soon.

Kind of feel bad for all the work that went into it :(

I really cant imagine how they spend so much time and money remaking it and then screw up again.

DragonHunterG

Neo Member
yea i just got randomly booted with a 90k error about an hour ago. i knew something was wrong when i was whistling for my chocobo and i got no whistle and no chocobo showed up. i was on the path north of highbridge, close to respite of thal. oh well. i'm at level 29 gladiator and thinking i want a paladin with some white mage abilities.

i was also wondering how i've seen some people with chocobo companions that are fighting with them when they are at level 11? i guess they must have finished the quest for it and then changed class, so that would make sense. im wondering what other fighting companions you can have when your rolling solo.

and those GC seals come in such few numbers. the most ive got from a FATE or leve is always less than 200 so far.

I found an unopened copy of FFXIV(original, not ARR) laying around in a store, does anyone know if that'll still register? lol

Yes.

Did they actually "fix" things yet by adding servers? Or has this yet to happen?

Wednesday Japanese time.

Darn, I can't wait until I can get to some of the dungeons, when is the earliest one?

Starting at 15 the main story will take you through 3 dungeons in a row.

That fight was so much fun, i'm surprised how imaginative boss fights can be

Yeah, I like that fight as well. And I agree as well about the fights. I like them a lot especially after FFXI where almost everything was tank and spank, lol.

Also, omg, some of the main story quests get really good later.

Level 46+ spoilers:

I LOVED the mission where you are disguised and sneak into the fortress to rescue everyone. Totally gave me an old school FF vibe. Also, dat twist...

Lotto

I just found out that pressing scroll lock completely removes the UI. Been taking a lot of screenshots on Steam since this revelation, game is pretty.

B1EFCA3AF4BA0BB0185832664FBA84C9E5751D6F

99503BAD6BECBA1D7690947EF8FE77138213726A

DragonHunterG

Neo Member
I just found out that pressing scroll lock completely removes the UI. Been taking a lot of screenshots on Steam since this revelation, game is pretty.

game looks amazing. i especially love the lighting as the sun is dancing through the leaves of a tree as your walking past and the shadow work too.

Wilsongt

Whoa, really?! So I'll get ARR for free(minus the monthly fees, of course)?

I might have to go back out soon and grab that.

Yes. I purchased 1.0 off of Amazon right after they stated they were going to remove all copies just so I could get 2.0 for free... I didn't even realize I was going to like the game, but I did.

Yep, ARR is essentially just an update for 1.0 users, it uses a new client but the registration code will still work.
Yes. I purchased 1.0 off of Amazon right after they stated they were going to remove all copies just so I could get 2.0 for free... I didn't even realize I was going to like the game, but I did.
Thanks a lot! There goes a lot of my time. At least it'll be a good time waster before GTA!

Anteater

oh yeah! I just found out you could hide the UIs on controller with L1+R1 and select too, and L1+R1+start for screenshot! (on pc)

Kenai

oh yeah! I just found out you could hide the UIs on controller with L1+R1 and select too, and L1+R1+start for screenshot! (on pc)

Where do screenshots go once you take them on PC? (I know this is prolly a dumb question but I just can't find them)

I really hope that I'll be able to log in today, just managed to get the summoner job last night and I am dying to have some fun with it today.

I just had the most interesting new disconnect I've faced so far in this game.

I was running around Hawker's Alley in Limsa when suddenly the sound cut out. I was like, well that happens a lot. So I'm going about my business and run straight into an invisible wall at the edge of the room I'm in with the NPC merchants. So then I'm like, wait. It's very quiet in here. Now I notice that all the players have vanished, I can only see NPCs. I'm like, uh oh. I couldn't interact with the UI either, which is a bad sign. But I was still able to chat with the FC and my party members. The server didn't kick me off even though I was clearly disconnected for about 20 minutes. It's like in Diablo 2 where if you timed out, you could run until you reached the edge of the world because the server didn't send you more world. Eventually I just gave up and forced the game client to shut down.

Now I'm fighting 1012 again.

Ikon

Being in euroland this launch has been relatively smooth to be honest. Getting on servers is easy for most of the day (though logging in during the evenings is more or less a no go) and I've been having an absolute blast with this game. The world is fantastic and - if you disregard the voice actors - playing through the story is actually interesting. It isn't all that far from feeling like a proper Final Fantasy.

Personally I hold FFXII as possibly the best FF game ever and that game felt sort of like an MMO in singleplayer. In dungeons and some other situations I feel like this is that game as a proper MMO.

Dits

Can you group up for Class Quests? Struggling big time with the 50 Warrior quest. I get
Curious Gorge
to about 10% and he just wipes me :/

Just did the Sunken Temple of Qarn 3 times in a row with FC mates. The boss design in that dungeon is much better than what's in previous dungeons. Really, really like it.

Qarn is super fun, but I'm going to have nightmares about bees for days after my runs in there.

But I'll go again if you or anyone else wants to just for fun. I'm way above the level for it now but it's just fun to dodge those lazers.

sky

I've said this before, but... I'd love to read a massive, 20 page article on the making of FFXIV 1.0.
What went wrong, why decisions were made, etc... one of those huge, in-depth expositions.
Of course, since it's SE, I'm sure it would take a massive amount of work and sleuthing.

Any journalists reading - making it happen!!

Wilsongt

This game makes me feel like an abuse victim with stockholm syndrone.

"No! SE stop! No more errors! Wait! Come back! I'm sorry, baby. Please don't go. I won't look at another MMO again."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom