• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV Dad of Light |OT| A Daddy Reborn

SilverArrow20XX

Walks in the Light of the Crystal
Is Twintania really that hard?

I didn't fight it until 2.4 when I had 130 gear, and facerolled it with some randoms. It was apparently super challenging in ilvl 90 gear though. The current synched fight says the item level is 82, so I imagine that'd be quite difficult. I haven't tried any of the fights synched, but they're all restricted to significantly lower levels than the highest ilvls were at the time, which is dumb I think.

Turn 8 was the first fight I needed an organized group for. Turn 9 was still very challenging even at 120. Turns 10 and 11 were easy. Turn 12 took a couple of nights for my group to clear, but still not as hard as Turn 9. Turn 13 we unfortunately couldn't clear before Heavensward launched. My biggest regret with this game. I had already progressed to Final Coil, and then started over at Second Coil to do it with my friends and they took several weeks to clear T9.

Astral

I just finished it and I really enjoyed it. It was super charming and I liked a lot of the characters, especially Hakamada and Kirin. I wish they could somehow make a season 2 but there really wouldn't be a story to tell.

Cess007

Watching it right now, and really liking it. However, on Ep. 2

Wtf at the scene when the son saves the Dad from the tree enemy and their characters get a quasi-romantic scene in-game and the dad drops one knee

This show is sick! :p

If Akio was a child when the original Final Fantasy came out then he has to be in his 30s. Damn that fool doesn't look that old at all.
I didn't fight it until 2.4 when I had 130 gear, and facerolled it with some randoms. It was apparently super challenging in ilvl 90 gear though. The current synched fight says the item level is 82, so I imagine that'd be quite difficult. I haven't tried any of the fights synched, but they're all restricted to significantly lower levels than the highest ilvls were at the time, which is dumb I think.

Turn 8 was the first fight I needed an organized group for. Turn 9 was still very challenging even at 120. Turns 10 and 11 were easy. Turn 12 took a couple of nights for my group to clear, but still not as hard as Turn 9. Turn 13 we unfortunately couldn't clear before Heavensward launched. My biggest regret with this game. I had already progressed to Final Coil, and then started over at Second Coil to do it with my friends and they took several weeks to clear T9.

Is there a reason why you're putting i's in front of lvl?

CrassHoppr

Neo Member
Just a PSA, the original blog is much better than this show. I know they put a lot of work into it and it isn't bad, but it skips over so much hilarious stories that actually happened, and it also goes into details of how the son taught his father the mechanics to get through ARR bosses as well as each level of Coil. It also includes his father's confusion with progressing from archer to bard. And, there's no silly "workplace romance" subplot.

One highlight is that in the original story, the mother bought the father the PS4 in exchange for a promise that he would go and walk the dog regularly. He never did. Also, she never limited him to "1 hour a day." I am really curious to know why exactly that was wrenched into the drama version...

Another funny thing they cut was how when his father was starting out as an archer, he would begin fighting an enemy at a distance, but then slowly creep forward for no apparent reason.

I really enjoyed the series, and as it stand, is one of the best Netflix exclusive I've watched recently. I felt a lot for the relation between the father and his son as it reminds me a little of how I don't really interact with my father myself now that I left the family home.

I never watched a Japanese drama before, though, so I thought some scenes were highly exaggerated. Is that common in other dramas?

Ryuukan

I never watched a Japanese drama before, though, so I thought some scenes were highly exaggerated. Is that common in other dramas?

somewhat but bear in mind this was a short late night drama in Japan

kinda like watching a few episodes of Jimmy Fallon and defining American television by it

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I really enjoyed the series, and as it stand, is one of the best Netflix exclusive I've watched recently. I felt a lot for the relation between the father and his son as it reminds me a little of how I don't really interact with my father myself now that I left the family home.

Is it even a Netflix Exclusive? Aside from the bonus episode, the whole thing aired on multiple channels on Japanese TV and the Netflix version had a few days of delay.

Is it even a Netflix Exclusive? Aside from the bonus episode, the whole thing aired on multiple channels on Japanese TV and the Netflix version had a few days of delay.

When I play the series, it says it's a Netflix exclusive, yeah, but I guess it has deals to pass also on Japanese tv too.

Top Bottom