• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV Endwalker - Job Actions Live Letter

YukiOnna

Bruh I am not happy about the teleportation fee cap being removed...

EDIT:
unknown.png

Last edited:

YukiOnna

Good PLL. I think the only thing I'm unhappy about is the teleportation fee change. Otherwise, every other adjustment makes sense. New job changes look fun and makes me want to try some new classes, but I'm happy with my main at least.

Interesting final comment from Yoshi-P on how Endwalker sets up the next decade/serves as new beginning. Not just story wise, but lots of new things they're trying on the horizon.

YukiOnna

Summary of Live Letter + Videos for those who missed it:

Before jumping into the job adjustments section, as a baseline, they are adjusting jobs from where they are in 5.0 (Shadowbringers). With the new level cap, there are new actions but no new overall systems. A small group of people desire the complexity of the 3.x (Heavensward) job actions, but they would like to continue with the current direction experienced in 5.x etc.

Pro-tip: use your Allied and Centurio Seals to buy Aetheryte Tickets and you'll never have to worry about teleportation fees again.
They're changing how they work region to region, but good idea. I never thought of that, lol.

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Phase 1 Finish otsukare! 3 Hours to explain Job Adjustments whew. Guess it'll be a 6 hour stream, lol.

EDIT:
unknown.png

7. Hours. I wanted to watch teh whole thing but I fell asleep 3 hours into it, lol.

Super hyped for the changes though. Lots of great QoL updates and some unique things that make me really want to try out some of the other jobs more than a grind to max level.

YukiOnna

7. Hours. I wanted to watch teh whole thing but I fell asleep 3 hours into it, lol.

Super hyped for the changes though. Lots of great QoL updates and some unique things that make me really want to try out some of the other jobs more than a grind to max level.
I stuck through and it was worth it, yeah. Chat is always impulsive in reactions though so I had to hide it lmao. I can't imagine how Yoshi-P regularly reads it.

He said next PLL will probably be just as long with the same trio. I know they're announcing the new PvP mode, but I hope they talk about Island Sanctuary, too!

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I stuck through and it was worth it, yeah. Chat is always impulsive in reactions though so I had to hide it lmao. I can't imagine how Yoshi-P regularly reads it.

He said next PLL will probably be just as long with the same trio. I know they're announcing the new PvP mode, but I hope they talk about Island Sanctuary, too!

Definitely excited about that next live letter!
As an aside, I am *so* happy FFXIV doesn't have some bullshit open beta or datamining community that ruins everything. So nice to have actual surprises.

watched the whole thing last night before going to bed. somewhat disappointed that cross DC travel won't be coming soon, but completely understandable. I'm happy with most of the changes they're implementing, and now really look forward of the next Live Letter.

Azzurri

Reaper and Sage look awesome! Probably pick them up as my main melee and healer DPS.

Also, I'm really like the Red Mage changes, so I'll keep RDM as my magic DPS and same with MCH.

As for Tank, I don't really play tanks in any games, but might pick up GNB.

On a side not I hope they're removing some skills since we're getting new ones, and we already have a good amount of button bloat.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Shit they might nerf undersized party farming. Clearing King Mog Extreme with just Spread shot is too much fun with my 55 second clears.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Still over a month to go for FF18 Endwalker is pain.
Thankfully I have SMTV to hold me over a bit, but yea. Really itching to dive back into Eorzea. After falling out of New World, I really want to return to Eorzea, but waiting so I don't burn myself out before the expansion releases. Grinding Sage up to new story content as quickly as I can during early access.

Top Bottom