• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Wait wait wait... You can only get those minions if you actually turn up at that event?

Also please keep posting the news in here for us who can't watch the stream.

You'll be able to buy the livestream subscription and get the benefits that way without actually physically going to the event, although last time that cost $20.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
So silly question but what would be the best way to learn the story of the game? I always skipped cutscenes and text because of a few silly reasons but a friend always wants to talk about it and I barely know what is going on 80% of the time.
YouTube maybe? If you want a detailed text recap the only place I've seen that on is gamerescape.

1.0 (Stuff that occurs before A Realm Reborn begins/no longer playable): http://gamerescape.com/2013/08/21/the-rise-and-fall-of-the-white-raven/
2.0 - 2.4 (This covers A Realm Reborn and post patches): http://gamerescape.com/2015/01/19/the-lore-train-a-realm-reborn-part-1/
2.5: http://gamerescape.com/2015/05/12/the-lore-train-a-realm-reborn-part-2/
3.0 - 3.1 (Heavensward): http://gamerescape.com/2015/11/10/the-lore-train-heavensward-part-1/

Nothing yet on 3.2 - 3.3.

Ataxia

I wonder how they will approach the 4.0 expansion

I feel like it would be a mistake to require people to play through HW to access it. But in terms of lore. Do you just... explain everything in a cutscene? Do you ignore Idyllshire and all the other new areas and content?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Wait wait wait... You can only get those minions if you actually turn up at that event?

Also please keep posting the news in here for us who can't watch the stream.
Like Frumix said you can buy a twitch sub for it to get the items without attending the event.

News portion of the stream ended hours ago, you can find pics of what they showed here: bit.ly/2bUtmeD

I feel like it would be a mistake to require people to play through HW to access it. But in terms of lore. Do you just... explain everything in a cutscene? Do you ignore Idyllshire and all the other new areas and content?
One of the first things they said about 4.0 right after launching 3.0 was that they wouldn't gate it behind 3.x patches the way 3.0 was. It'll have a 3.x recap video. The way they worded it though you'll probably need to finish 3.0 to start 4.0 MSQ.

Main Scenario Progression to Access 4.0 Content

Though it’s still a bit early to talk about this, you’ll be able to access and accept quests for Patch 4.0 even if you have not completed the main scenario for the Patch 3.x series. Similarly, you’ll be able to unlock new jobs regardless of your scenario progression. Due to this, we feel the need to create a system that will allow you to watch a digest of what happened. However, for the 3.0 story, since everyone has seen everything up until now I think it was enjoyable, and while there were some pros and cons for this, I think having the system we did for the 3.x series was a good thing.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/...pdate-Thread?p=3263909&viewfull=1#post3263909

Thorgal

I am still wondering how they are going to handle new zones if they are going to not require hw.

Will they be 60+ zones?
If yes, how do they plan to let people who skip hw and are still lvl 50 and a 100+Ilvl lower then we will be?

How will they be able to do MSQ quests who will be designed to level 60-70?

It's still much too early for a lvl potion imo so how will they solve that imbalance between players who jump in and skip hw and those who went through everything?

Also what about the new skills we got from Hw whose job Quest line took us to hw zones?
Will they also be skipped?

Eldren

So silly question but what would be the best way to learn the story of the game? I always skipped cutscenes and text because of a few silly reasons but a friend always wants to talk about it and I barely know what is going on 80% of the time.

Killthee posted some good links, plus you can go into any inn room and access the book at the back to watch the cutscenes you skipped. I think it has everything from actual cutscenes but it won't have things like dialogue boxes from out in the world. But it has all the main scenario and side quest stories, beast tribe stuff, all the combat/crafter/gatherer class quest cutscenes. Might be worth checking out.

Anyway, one of the things I'm most looking forward to is the Xelphatol dungeon. I've always been curious about that area since doing the Ixal dailies, plus it means we're finally pushing towards Ala Mhigo. And obviously the GC updates are long overdue. Maybe I'll ask my FC to do Coil with me so I can get that sweet extra sentence of dialogue.

Also, this is in the translation on the official forums:

"For casters, if the enemy moves your character will face the direction of the target’s current position."

Does that mean if your target runs past you it no longer cancels the cast? Or is that being too optimistic?

Qvoth

they told us to spend all our diadem spoils before 3.4, but unless they're giving out new spoils (which they didn't announce, only announced different exchange rate), isn't it better for us to keep them so that we can immediately buy more of the new stuff when patch hits?
still got close to 400 spoils, thinking of whether or not i should spend all of them
wtzgU.gif

"For casters, if the enemy moves your character will face the direction of the target’s current position."

Does that mean if your target runs past you it no longer cancels the cast? Or is that being too optimistic?
The face target changes make me think they're removing the face target trick from casters so it would be only fair to make that shit automated.

EDIT - friend of mine who was watching it live said its exactly what it means, as long as you are facing the target when you start casting it'll finish no matter where it goes as long as its in range. That makes BLM so much smoother omg

Qvoth

The face target changes make me think they're removing the face target trick from casters so it would be only fair to make that shit automated.

EDIT - friend of mine who was watching it live said its exactly what it means, as long as you are facing the target when you start casting it'll finish no matter where it goes as long as its in range. That makes BLM so much smoother omg

oh cool
face target still loses sight if the monster moves too fast or walks straight through your character

dramatis

I'll admit I didn't watch any of the stream or anything but I would've assumed that was the Warrior of Dankness.
Well, if we go to Ala Mhigo it's going to be Year of the Monk

Unlike dragoons though they were rotten failures that lost to the Garleans

Pachimari

I don't know who Y'shtola is. I guess she turns up later in the story.

I also hope I can go through all of the 3.x MSQs and not just do with a recap video when 4.0 launches.

IvorB

I'm really pissed off at what I read at the end of the other OT about them dumbing the jobs down to make them easier to play. WTF? Based on the outcome of that process I think I will quit the game for good if it's too drastic. Is their answer to everything "just nerf it"? I mean players can hardly differentiate themselves through gear or abilities since everything is so standard so now do they want to reduce skill as a differentiator as well? Seriously sh*tty news about the future of this game for me.

I'm really pissed off at what I read at the end of the other OT about them dumbing the jobs down to make them easier to play. WTF? Based on the outcome of that process I think I will quit the game for good if it's too drastic. Is their answer to everything "just nerf it"? I mean players can hardly differentiate themselves through gear or abilities since everything is so standard so now do they want to reduce skill as a differentiator as well? Seriously sh*tty news about the future of this game for me.
They didn't specifically talk about making jobs easier accross the board but reevaluating some job difficulties, most likely ditching some buff juggling.

Which makes sense because not every fucking DPS needs its own version of Greased Lightning.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
They didn't specifically talk about making jobs easier accross the board but reevaluating some job difficulties, most likely ditching some buff juggling.

Which makes sense because not every fucking DPS needs its own version of Greased Lightning.

The greased lightning damage buff still sounds like a lube brand ahahaha. Enochian still the best since i dont even know what it means.

I took it to mean they aren't going to keep adding shit like enochian. Basically skills, that require you to keep them up in order to reach your true dps potential which can be tough when you have constant dance mechanics in raids. They aren't going back and nerfing anything, just keeping it in mind when designing what gets added later.

Guess Who

Banned
I wish more WARs would use Berserk macros period because I want a reason to ever actually use Warden's Paean and I sure as shit ain't gonna bother actually watching the WAR's status bar

Frumix

Suffering From Success
When you're really into MCH but your static has two casters.

LOicMJA.gif

I wish more WARs would use Berserk macros period because I want a reason to ever actually use Warden's Paean and I sure as shit ain't gonna bother actually watching the WAR's status bar

I made an ACT trigger for that.

I used to have my WAR call out the Paeans but yeah, a timer plugin plus a party number macro on Paean is way more comfortable.

Using Berserk macros is more likely to have your WAR clip their shit anyways, kinda misses the point of using a BRD to raise their DPS lol
When you're really into MCH but your static has two casters.

LOicMJA.gif
Just Hypercharge a Bishop and pretend BV doesn't exist Kappa

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
I just want my movement as a brd back ._. That's why I quit the game. After some time without playing I just bought a month to look into it again.

And would you mind linking the post that made you write this :)?

Squishy3

I think having a macro to say "Hey I entered Berserk, pacification in 20s" is fine but countdown ones with the SFX are the worst

Allard

Anyone else see the ministral prophecy ballad that was in the 'repeat' performances for the rising event?

‘Neath Pillars of whorlin Strife,
Founders the dross of despair.
O’er pillars of eddying life,
Surge high the gales of prayer.
Flux and flow do the gyres,
joined by the crystal in thy keep.
Thy adamant spear bores steeps entire,
Thy argent blade cleaves oceans deep.

Seems like it could mean a lot of things but given how many lines seem ocean/water based I wonder if that means it will be a sea based expansion after all rather then an ala mihgo one.

Anyone else see the ministral prophecy ballad that was in the 'repeat' performances for the rising event?

Seems like it could mean a lot of things but given how many lines seem ocean/water based I wonder if that means it will be a sea based expansion after all rather then an ala mihgo one.

In the reddit thread someone mentioned how one of the poems from an event before Heavenward was revealed also gave clues to what it would be about.

I think it's a good clue. Could be both ocean and Ala Mhigo based. I think someone mentioned that there are some large bodies of water around Ala Mhigo or something like that.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta

Could be both

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom