• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackJace

Average new ping is 76ms.
wtzgU.gif
I'll be fine.

BLCKATK

I dunno if anyone is actually interested in this, but something I noticed going over the Benchmark trailer again like a nerd.

- The wings that appear behind the Summoner as it uses it's new spell are the same as the design on the superconductive stage of the Anima Weapon.

- Paladin's new spell, the animation is the normal casting animation for Paladin (Sword and Shield raised to the upper torso), but instead of kneeling like Clemency, the Paladin thrusts the Sword and Shield slightly upward. This is the same animation that is used with Sword Oath and Shield Oath.

Specifically on the Paladin spell, this actually has me thinking it will be defensive in nature rather than offensive. My mind is thinking a barrier or some kind, or even Reflect.

iammeiam

Yeah. It's pretty shitty that I need to use a VPN to play properly but at least Mudfish is incredibly cheap.

I've still got fingers crossed that this will fix itself for you guys in the next days/week. Most of the people I've been randomly assaulting about their traceroutes from South America start off seemingly targeting Montreal/the northeast US, then at some point get redirected to Sacremento but are having to recover the same ground. It could be a permanent problem, but it's possible things will get better as the routes realign to eliminate having to double back.

Cmagus

Mudra lag is definitely more noticeable. I did a bunch of Zurvan and Alex to test it out and often the icons are struggling to even keep up so I'm stuck trying to figure out where I am in the rotation and sometimes it doesn't even recognize the button input.I didn't think it could get worse than it was, I may have to play a different class.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Man, the latency is crazy noticeable. Just got knocked off Leviathan's platform by an AOE that I wasn't even remotely close to, and a bunch of my abilities felt pretty unresponsive. Timing on GCD was just all ever-so-slightly wrong.

For the record, looks like my ping went from about 25 to about 95.

dramatis

I'm looking for a database.

It has all the fish sorted by internal ilvl, and you can designate a range to filter out the level of fish you want.

I'm pretty sure it's a JP site and I forgot how I found it but it's impossible to find via english terms. I probably clicked a link somewhere which took me to it.

(Working on CUL desynth and all the hidden information is so fucking annoying, none of it is organized either.)
FF14 angler?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
FF14 angler?

Nope. FF14Angler has a lot of info but it's not organized very well and I can't sort by ilvl which is what I want to do.

Anyway I figured out how I'm going to get to CUL desynth 200 so that's not a big problem anymore but it was a good resource, probably the only one of its kind.

Thorgal

I'm looking for a database.

It has all the fish sorted by internal ilvl, and you can designate a range to filter out the level of fish you want.

I'm pretty sure it's a JP site and I forgot how I found it but it's impossible to find via english terms. I probably clicked a link somewhere which took me to it.

(Working on CUL desynth and all the hidden information is so fucking annoying, none of it is organized either.)

Garlands database.

Foxxsoxx

Welp gotten to level 66. Can't progress anymore in the story until I'm 67. Better get to grinding.

Really liking the story so far. Definitely a huge step up from ARR.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
GARLAND DATABASE?

Ass.

The site I'm thinking of is exclusively for fish. Has a neat little slider with two indicators so you can specify an ilvl range by simple dragging.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
From scratch, maybe a month if you rush through it.

They haven't given much details on the cash shop skip potion. Media tour has started so we should know soon what they're planning for it.
Huh? On the contrary they have given nearly full details about the skip Potion with the exception of the price for the international markets since the Potion is already available in Asia.

Go here:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/...mment-in-Regard-to-Jump-Potions-Boost-Potions

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Well I've done some more testing.
Despite high ping the game is not super unplayable.
I could manage to hit 9 gcd berserk despite having pretty high sks.
Still feels like I'm falling behind on GCD and I managed that just barely.
Could the routing be better than it used to be? Lose here gain here.
Idk, maybe I won't have to go to EU after all.

or maybe I just won't resub ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Cool, managed to regain access to my account. Haven't bothered renewing subscription just yet but it seems my most recent character was on Odin.

Why I had to be stuck on T9 when I leaved the game back then? I admit that I needed a couple of tries to remember about meteors, but considering how less streesful is now, people has a lot of problems to do it right when is not that hard.

The star of the night was one guy running around the big circle like a headless chicken, probably hoping either to avoid being targeted to place them or believing he would be lucky and they would land perfectly.

Meciu

Someone you know or some Twitter post you read?

It's a new floating meme. That's it.

Mudfish made my ping sub-200 again

GOD
BLESS

Can I ask You how much do you pay monthly and how much time spent in the game that correlates to?

[NEWS] STORMBLOOD Media Tour in San Francisco

So that is why I see so many tweets of streamers being in SF the last couple of days. It's all clear now.

Sorian

Banned
Why I had to be stuck on T9 when I leaved the game back then? I admit that I needed a couple of tries to remember about meteors, but considering how less streesful is now, people has a lot of problems to do it right when is not that hard.

The star of the night was one guy running around the big circle like a headless chicken, probably hoping either to avoid being targeted to place them or believing he would be lucky and they would land perfectly.

Maybe he is a proponent of the Mario kart strategy. If everyone runs the lap together at the same time, they do actually land perfectly

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
As a measly level 25 GLD, should I bother with sub-classes yet? Also, gear...I probably need to upgrade it. Should I just run dungeons or pick up crafting?

IMBored

As a measly level 25 GLD, should I bother with sub-classes yet? Also, gear...I probably need to upgrade it. Should I just run dungeons or pick up crafting?

Get conjurer to 15 fast to get PLD at level 30 and to have protect, cure and raise already, and they shouldn't even be needed. Getting marauder up to 8 gets you bloodbath and foresight, that are nice to have, but not necessary. As for gear, do dungeons and buy from Marketboard, leveling crafting for that ends up more expensive and a lot more time consuming.

Kaname

Where are you looking?
Perhaps second-hand shops running low on stock?

I imagine once Stormblood comes out next month new SB styled game time cards will be releasing as well.

Yeah, I guess. Still strange that they actually are running low. It's cheaper to buy it directly from SE now lol

iammeiam

I need to do some more testing and mess around with my skill speed, and maybe try the weird lead shot opener; the reduced ping is smoothing some things out for me, but the only area in my opener that feels noticeably impacted is the gross triple-oGCD stuff at the very beginning and I'm hoping the SB combat rework eliminates the whole triple-oGCD concept because it's always going to clip and feel some level of bad, and even with the improved ping the clip for pot is pretty frustrating. I'm just hammering pot 3 or 4 times to get it to fire instead of 6 or 7.

But as far as I can tell what actually fits inside the Wildfire window hasn't changed measurably, the damage at the end hasn't changed, and I don't think the improved pot triple oGCD is actually letting me get anything extra inside buffs.

So I dunno. Improved ping is nice but I've yet to find anything that works now that 100ms was keeping me from doing. I'll keep messing with it, and it's nice to not need WTFast all the time, but I've yet to find anything game changing. I think this would have been a bigger deal for me had it come before the oGCD improvements and faster MCH proc display that happened in Midas.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
I need to do some more testing and mess around with my skill speed, and maybe try the weird lead shot opener; the reduced ping is smoothing some things out for me, but the only area in my opener that feels noticeably impacted is the gross triple-oGCD stuff at the very beginning and I'm hoping the SB combat rework eliminates the whole triple-oGCD concept because it's always going to clip and feel some level of bad, and even with the improved ping the clip for pot is pretty frustrating. I'm just hammering pot 3 or 4 times to get it to fire instead of 6 or 7.

But as far as I can tell what actually fits inside the Wildfire window hasn't changed measurably, the damage at the end hasn't changed, and I don't think the improved pot triple oGCD is actually letting me get anything extra inside buffs.

So I dunno. Improved ping is nice but I've yet to find anything that works now that 100ms was keeping me from doing. I'll keep messing with it, and it's nice to not need WTFast all the time, but I've yet to find anything game changing. I think this would have been a bigger deal for me had it come before the oGCD improvements and faster MCH proc display that happened in Midas.

I don't know about you but in my opinion Rotations and Openings should be the last thing anybody should worry about right now because there's a pretty big chance that the upcoming balance changes are going to destroy the current rotations and openings.

So why put the time and effort to try to make the current ones work on your ping? Just chill out for another 28 days and see what you can make of it in Stormblood.

Heck while the possibility is low Square-Enix can say "You want to complain about your Ping and double weaving so much?" "Screw it from Stormblood onwards your only allowed to weave in one oGCD between GCD Actions".

Apparently only one ability will be learned through job quests. Everything else from leveling.

As an additional note, players will only learn one action for their job/class through quests. These actions are received as a reward for completing the job/class quest series, so until then, the story will be the key element for these quests. For Disciples of War and Magic, I believe you can complete all the job quests at one time when you hit level 70; however, for Disciples of the Land and Hand, the story is directly tied into the gathering/crafting, so please complete them in order.

??? That has nothing to do with a server move

?

I didn't say it was because of the server move.

Someone suggested to run CCleaner so I did that. Hoping for the best. If that doesn't work then I'll try and rollback graphics driver.

iammeiam

I don't know about you but in my opinion Rotations and Openings should be the last thing anybody should worry about right now because there's a pretty big chance that the upcoming balance changes are going to destroy the current rotations and openings.

So why put the time and effort to try to make the current ones work on your ping? Just chill out for another 28 days and see what you can make of it in Stormblood.

Heck while the possibility is low Square-Enix can say "You want to complain about your Ping and double weaving so much?" "Screw it from Stormblood onwards your only allowed to weave in one oGCD between GCD Actions".

That sort of misses the point of my post--my ping got better, not worse. I'd been playing the job at 100ms ping since 3.0, and have been fairly consistent in maintaining that 100ms is not job destroying or that big of a deal for an extremely large portion of the player base. Since I've now got a ping less than half my old one, I wanted to see if the opener felt markedly different indicating that I'd been clipping more than I thought and understating the impact of latency.

With my current skill speed and no fairy or arrow buff, the difference is extremely minor. It's obvious in two spots that felt bad before and still feel bad now, because I cram HE+B4B+Hyper in between some GCDs, then do GB On + Raging + Pot in between others. That's always going to clip, but is necessary to setup for what comes after. The improved ping made it feel a little better, but in terms of what happened in the 20 seconds following that nothing much changed. That last GCD that I can never fit in still didn't fit, the resulting damage was around the ballpark I'm used to, I don't think the buffs are applying to anything they didn't before, etc etc etc.

Realistically to get an idea of what impact the server move has actually made, people need to test before the combat changes go in. Once the battle changes go in, the actual results people see will be a hybrid of server move and combat change; the only way to isolate changes due to latency alone is to check things out before the combat changes. And getting a real idea of the impact of the server moves isn't a bad thing.

And frankly I put in the time and effort to mess with my opener and rotation because that's the part of the game I like? Like picking things apart and figuring out what impacts where and how to daisy chain stuff together is interesting to me; there's not really anything else appealing left to do before Stormblood and I'd basically stopped logging in entirely for the past few weeks, so it's nice to have something new to mess around with.

also if they remove double oGCDs and make the jobs less active I'm gonna riot. nobody will care, but I will riot.

I'm in MD and my ping is around 87 now. I dunno if it's just placebo but it feels ever so slightly different. I'll probably never be doing anything besides sitting naked in Limsa hoping for attention, so I guess it doesn't really matter :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom