• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, it has positionals (Gekko and Kasha).
It only affects Kenki generation though (5 vs 10). Basically every 3Sen you build 45-55 Kenki, so you basically can do x2 Kaitens (1 on 3Sen other on Gekko/Kasha) or Kaiten + Shinten.
If Kaiten is increase damage/wspotency by 50% and not 150% (I'm still torn between typo and sam needing big dps to make up for no raid utility)

Thx

I saw Mr Happy correction on it. TBH both RDM and SAM really looks fun to play. It feels like some jobs were halfassed while other got more focus from the dev team.

I'm no healer but WHM does indeed sounds terribad.

Omnicent

People were pretty down on it early on for looking weak and it being flashy.

Hopefully the no raid dps utility will scare people away from SAM (if kaiten's toolip is not a typo then its going to be buff the yasuo comps. A fully buffed 1sen and 3sen is potentially disgusting in a good way).

Hopefully the no raid dps utility will scare people away from SAM.

I mean, still has some raid utility from the cross class skills...

I meant that people were gonna play it because everyone is a massive samurai fanboy in the inside and love the folded a thousand times japanese nipon steel

Being SAM was the worse decision I made on XI. Leasson learned.

I still want to main a tank and a DPS, I'll probably switch to PLD and get SAM or RDM to 70. WAR was fun, but if my destiny is to be a wannabe DPS for 80% of fights and occasionally get some adds or do some tank swaps, I'd rather change to PLD.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
2) Shadowbind, Hawk's Eye, Quelling Strikes, Blunt Arrow, Flaming Arrow, and Wide Volley are all gone.

Shane about Hawk's Eye and Flaming Arrow but everything else is an acceptable/expected loss

8) I'm guessing the ideal "rotation" for songs is Army's -> Wanderer's -> Mage's? Army's to build stacks, Wanderer's to let off hella Pitch Perfect with those stacks, Mage's to get your Bloodletter/RoD procs while you wait for Army's to come back off cooldown. Curious how persistent Army's stacks are.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing and Mage's Ballad is clearly the 3rd Wheel here that's going to get used the least.

It feels like they couldn't come up with a good use for Mage's Ballad and said screw it just toss Bloodletter and Rain of Death under it so I'm not sure why they even bothered with it. They should change the name from Mage's Ballad to Blood Requiem or something similar as the song has nothing to do with Mage's or MP anymore.

Omnicent

I mean, still has some raid utility from the cross class skills...

Thats why I said dps raid utility.
It can use stuns and feint sure, but thats not brd+DRG +20% direct/critical hit (and some of the other things too).

I dont care though. I want that 99,999 Midare (probably not till 4.5 though)

Guess Who

Banned
Shane about Hawk's Eye and Flaming Arrow but everything else is an acceptable/expected loss

I never liked Flaming Arrow. Trying to ground target with it quickly sucked, and macro'ing it often just doesn't fucking work on some things (invalid target!). Still, killing it and making Rain of Death only proc in Mage's definitely hurts BRD's AoE power.

Not sounding too great right now, but I guess it depends how much the extra Forbidden Chakras make up for it.
I mean, they have a 30% chance to get a chakra on a crit, which besides Bootshine means they have a like 10% chance in average per Weaponskill to get one Chakra so they can use a 250 potency attack after getting 5

Yeah it sounds awful lol

AwShucks

Have seen some dislike for BLM changes, or lack of enough new skills, etc. I personally am happy. I didn't want to class to change completely. It got some new skills and some simplifying to allow for lots of explosion. I'm looking forward to playing it next month!

Thinking about it, there'll rarely be situations where using the Straighter proc will be actually needed now instead of Refulgent Arrow - all I can think of is DoTs running out and you need to refresh SS right before IJ.

In other words

tumblr_nrdgjdzlTQ1uy5psyo1_r2_540.gif

They're gonna really need constant heavy damage in the raids if they want WHM to stand any chance of being viable. Maybe they can fix them like how they fixed Ast and Mch.

My god, SE Customer Support blows. Always use Chat Support if you want ANY help whatsoever. Also, make sure you have a few hours to spare while you wait in the queue. I finally get to try this game out.

Guess Who

Banned
Thinking about it, there'll rarely be situations where using the Straighter proc will be actually needed now instead of Refulgent Arrow - all I can think of is DoTs running out and you need to refresh SS right before IJ.

In other words

tumblr_nrdgjdzlTQ1uy5psyo1_r2_540.gif

Yeah, I was thinking you might use Refulgent Arrow until just before the proc period ends, then let off your crit Straight Shot, but unless crit math has changed, Refulgent Arrow still deals more potency than a crit Straight Shot.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
So, in general, i wonder if we are seeing the limitations of the dev group here. More job, more balancing with the rather inflexiable game design means they potentially have these rather big misses with jobs.

I mean, it is a hard ass job to do. Not throwing shade but as they add more, the worse it might get. I am happy we are getting more though.

scy

DRK's The Blackest Night may in fact win the title for edgelord skill names but it seems interesting within the PLD context. PLD got +10% to target (+10% / +20% from Rampart, Sentinel) while using 50 meter; DRK's get a 2400 MP cost 20% MaxHP Barrier (10% to target) that generates 50 meter when it fades.

Looks like Syphon Strike got a DA bonus (+140 potency for a total 390 potency there) and Souleater got a baseline +20 buff (280 base potency, 420 with DA now). Dark Passenger's DA potency went down 10 randomly as well. Blood Weapon got a 20s cooldown reduction as well.

I'm a little confused at the whole "make it easier" thing when put alongside new DRK, though. Maybe general flow is improved but the min/max angle seems rougher at a glance.

So, in general, i wonder if we are seeing the limitations of the dev group here. More job, more balancing with the rather inflexiable game design means they potentially have these rather big misses with jobs.

I think it's partially that but more just that they don't seem to even do the things they've said they were setting out to do? Targeting overpowered levels of synergies and yet they leave Disembowel, Balance, and then add more synergies on top while also leaving a few jobs out. They've lowered some of the barriers to performance in buff syncing and DoT / timer tracking but those are not the things that will raise the floor; plus, they added new buffs and debuffs to sync with which seemingly nullifies that point anyway.

Maybe it'll all seem different when in action but, for the time being, it seems one step forward one step back and then maybe some shuffling to the side rather than any real progress towards the goals they've said.

Moaradin

I mean, they have a 30% chance to get a chakra on a crit, which besides Bootshine means they have a like 10% chance in average per Weaponskill to get one Chakra so they can use a 250 potency attack after getting 5

Yeah it sounds awful lol

Hopefully the 30% chance thing isn't true. In the Mr. Happy video, it looked like he was getting Chakra after every crit.

studyguy

All I know is as a PLD I apparently can now bop shit at extreme ranges for those rare instances where I never could in the past.

Also anyone else bothered by the tooltip descriptions a bit.
Like Intervention is marked as 10% then another 50% w/ rampart. Why not just say 20%? I think Passage of Arms says 85% damage taken. I mean just say 15% mitigation to keep it steady with the rest of the descriptors.

Like it jumps randomly the way it describes the % block. Like Divine Veil doesn't say you only take 90% of damage.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
We'll find out Vieras are in Garlean controlled territory, and this is what kicks off the incursion into Garlemeld because doze bunny girls.

5.0 storyline you heard it here first.

scy

Also anyone else bothered by the tooltip descriptions a bit.
Like Intervention is marked as 10% then another 50% w/ rampart. Why not just say 20%?

I guess to leave some room for the Sentinel part despite just ... I dunno. Extra lines of text? 20% with Rampart, 30% with Sentinel. Unless there's some stacking thing they want us to consider by wording it that way.

There's also the Enhanced Cover tooltip that simply states 20% mitigation while Covering. Which I can't tell if that means using it on someone not taking damage for a 20% cooldown or just 20% reduction in damage taken via Cover. The latter is what I expect but the former is actually pretty unique and good for them as far as gaining extra cooldown advantages.

ebil

They're gonna really need constant heavy damage in the raids if they want WHM to stand any chance of being viable. Maybe they can fix them like how they fixed Ast and Mch.
Not just this, but stacks of Confession need to proc off any GCD heal if they're going to proc randomly. They only last 30s, are only triggered by single target GCDs and you don't get healed if you have no stack whenever WHM uses Plenary Indulgence.

WHM should also gain lilies over time if they want their mechanic to feel like a mechanic, because currently they only proc with single target healing GCDs, which means it takes 15 ST heals on average to fill your lilies.

This is absurd, who the hell randomly single target heals each and every one of their DPS in like, any situation? Whoever decided to tie every new WHM mechanic to Cure 1 and Cure 2 must be absolute garbage at the game. They clearly don't understand how healing works in FF14.

Squishy3

Have seen some dislike for BLM changes, or lack of enough new skills, etc. I personally am happy. I didn't want to class to change completely. It got some new skills and some simplifying to allow for lots of explosion. I'm looking forward to playing it next month!
Yeah, like they aren't getting anything flashy, but there's stuff there for people who can currently play the class well to push it further in Stormblood. It's an expansion of how the class currently works, while simplifying some things like Enochian management (as it's just a battle stance now) but maintaining Umbral Fire/Ice gives you access to the new spell, and stuff like Leylines teleport and triplecast will make the great BLMs greater, as well as the stuff like the change to Surecast making it do what it probably should of always done.

Dragoon is the same way, where Geirskogul now no longer reduces the BOTD timer, and high-level play will be about maximizing usage during B4Bs and later Nastrond optimization, assuming you can keep refreshing the red gauge.

studyguy

I guess to leave some room for the Sentinel part despite just ... I dunno. Extra lines of text? 20% with Rampart, 30% with Sentinel. Unless there's some stacking thing they want us to consider by wording it that way.

There's also the Enhanced Cover tooltip that simply states 20% mitigation while Covering. Which I can't tell if that means using it on someone not taking damage for a 20% cooldown or just 20% reduction in damage taken via Cover. The latter is what I expect but the former is actually pretty unique and good for them as far as gaining extra cooldown advantages.

I assume it was a flat 20% mitigation on cover dmg.

wamberz1

DRK's The Blackest Night may in fact win the title for edgelord skill names but it seems interesting within the PLD context. PLD got +10% to target (+10% / +20% from Rampart, Sentinel) while using 50 meter; DRK's get a 2400 MP cost 20% MaxHP Barrier (10% to target) that generates 50 meter when it fades.

Looks like Syphon Strike got a DA bonus (+140 potency for a total 390 potency there) and Souleater got a baseline +20 buff (280 base potency, 420 with DA now). Dark Passenger's DA potency went down 10 randomly as well. Blood Weapon got a 20s cooldown reduction as well.
Saw 'The Blackest Night" and thought it was gonna be some crazy 800 potency shit or something. Nope, just a decent shield lol

So I guess this means no more Popping dark arts in advance for SE I.e. before Syphon strike? Now we'll HAVE to pop DA before SE. That could be annoying for weaving, especially with blood weapon. Still, being able to DA SS for that damage is gonna be extra juicy in situations where MP is plentiful.

We still got Blood Price, yeah? Difficult to browse at work but I'm assuming thats the case. Might drop DRK if not.

studyguy

I need to see DRK in full action before I make any judgment. It's definitely going to be a wonky job till you learn the full combo.

Primus

So I'm definitely thinking about getting back into the game for some of that sexy, sexy RDM action, but I'm a little confused about the Jump Potions. I left off about 1/3 through Heavensward (couldn't handle Ravana with my BLM, as I'm an old man), so being able to skip all that and get straight to Stormblood is awesome, but there doesn't seem to be a skip-just-Heavensward selection? Either you skip ARR, or skip ARR+HW together, but not just HW.

Seems a little sucky that I'd have to pay the higher $25 for the combo skip, when all I need is the last expansion.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I'm a super happy camper with the new SCH stuff. Nothing like being able to set it and forget it for a tank buster so I can go back to dpsing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom