• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT3| Keniki Gauge Cost: 20,000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Finally, a spoiler free launch experience.

Ken

Zenos will kick down all the market boards after throwing all your scion friends into a volcano of Nippon steel katanas

studyguy

4.0 will reintroduce retainer markets.
FFXIV_1290280554.jpg
Get ready to browse through thousands of retainers.

iammeiam

Can it add back failed melds destroying the items, too? Can that be a relic step?

Think of how much repeat business people would get!

studyguy

Can it add back failed melds destroying the items, too? Can that be a relic step?

Think of how much repeat business people would get!

Speedrun dungeons for an abysmally low drop rate to boot pls
I feel like we're sorely missing the RNG atm.

maybe bring back hamlets so tanks have to kite for 30 minutes again and nothing else.

Ken

4.0 will reintroduce retainer markets.

Get ready to browse through thousands of retainers.

I wouldn't mind them bringing this back to the major cities if it came at the cost of nothing else and we still had the regular market boards.

It would be like an art show of bad glamours.

Patch notes will come 2 weeks after the launch, please look forward to it.

No Patch notes, no quest markers for SAM and RDM jobs.

That certainly would be something to behold, thousands of players running like headless chickens through all ARR areas, to find the SAM/RDM quest.

I wouldn't mind them bringing this back to the major cities if it came at the cost of nothing else and we still had the regular market boards.

It would be like an art show of bad glamours.

Don't we have Idyllshire for that these days?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I lived through the days of leveling in Burning Crusade, no amount of ridiculous clashing armor can phase me anymore.

fCvWLwN.jpg

Nevr 4get

Blitzhex

How the hell do you use orchestrian rolls? I've got "Another Brick Orchestrian Roll" for example, but when I try using it in my inn it says unable to use that item. They're cluttering my bag.

Ken

How the hell do you use orchestrian rolls? I've got "Another Brick Orchestrian Roll" for example, but when I try using it in my inn it says unable to use that item. They're cluttering my bag.

you right click and consume it

Music roll for Another Brick. Use to add to your orchestrion list.

Thorgal

if they are genuine orchestrion rolls you right click and then "use " them to add them to your music list .

If it the craft able piece of a Orchestrion roll you will have to ask a crafter to make it for you .

iammeiam

So uh. We got WHM tooltips.

Lilies are 'fixed' if you thought the problem was the proc rate (lolno) since now Cure procs them half the time and Cure 2 procs them full-time; they don't do anything additional, are still auto-burnt on your next oGCD, and continue to not proc off the HoTs, AOE heals, oGCD heals, etc. Benison still eats your full stack with 0 growth per lily. Confessions are still 20% on Cure/Cure 2, Plenary's tooltip hasn't changed enough to indicate how it's actually supposed to work. WHM will be a functional job that essentially gets played like HW WHM, while lilies take care of themselves.

AST got another nerf in the form of Earthly Star, I guess. it's now a measly 720 potency AOE heal, down from 900. However will they survive.

So far all the changes look roughly as-expected; potency tweaks, but no overarching job direction changes, which has always been the whole worry. Unless they re-rebooted WHM between the E3 build and now and are keeping it a secret.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
So uh.

AST got another nerf in the form of Earthly Star, I guess. it's now a measly 720 potency AOE heal, down from 900. However will they survive.

So far all the changes look roughly as-expected; potency tweaks, but no overarching job direction changes, which has always been the whole worry. Unless they re-rebooted WHM between the E3 build and now and are keeping it a secret.

Another? Is there a list of changes for Astrologian and Bard in the E3 Build anywhere?

Last I saw, repelling shot has no potency anymore, so at least you'll basically never have to use it.
Yeah Repelling Shot is useless to me now if they don't add back the damage it will immediately get removed from my crossbar as soon as the expansion comes out.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
So uh. We got WHM tooltips.

Lilies are 'fixed' if you thought the problem was the proc rate (lolno) since now Cure procs them half the time and Cure 2 procs them full-time; they don't do anything additional, are still auto-burnt on your next oGCD, and continue to not proc off the HoTs, AOE heals, oGCD heals, etc. Benison still eats your full stack with 0 growth per lily. Confessions are still 20% on Cure/Cure 2, Plenary's tooltip hasn't changed enough to indicate how it's actually supposed to work. WHM will be a functional job that essentially gets played like HW WHM, while lilies take care of themselves.

But plenary seems to now indicate more clearly that it heals ALL party members, right? Not just those with a confession stack. If that's the case, the skill is a bit redeemed. Still shackled by RNG, though. :(

Divine Benison is just... awful. We lose stoneskin, just to get a "buffed" version of it, but wait, you can only cast it if you have a lilly! And casting it removes all lillies.

Is Divine Benison just stoneskin that you have to jump through hoops to cast now?

Yes (the hoops being just having lilies)

But plenary seems to now indicate more clearly that it heals ALL party members, right? Not just those with a confession stack. If that's the case, the skill is a bit redeemed. Still shackled by RNG, though. :(

But confession are just given with Cure 1 and Cure 2, so how many memebrs are gonna get a decent potency heal? Or does the potency applies to all members?

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Indulgence is still worded like it maybe only restores HP of people with confession stacks rather than everyone depending on total confession stacks on the party.

The latter therefore of course being information that would be useful to display on the job gauge instead of lilies the number of which barely matters overall but hey. We just needto calm down.

aka_bueno

"The build is outdated, wait until the release"
"Calm down we know what we're doing"

"Actually we don't know what we're doing because we're tuning classes without regards to content"

Can't wait for 4.4 WHM
It sounds like they tune content in regards to classes.

They tune the classes/jobs and when their output numbers are where they like...then they tune the raids and it's difficulty around the tuned jobs and adjust the raid accordingly so the difficulty can be somewhat consistent no matter the party makeup.

Whether this works or not I dunno

iammeiam

I've basically accepted every expansion is going to involve murdering my job:

Naoki Yoshida: I think Bard and also Machinist is dramatically different. Especially with the Machinist, you might think that it's like a brand new job.

r i p

Another? Is there a list of changes for Astrologian and Bard in the E3 Build anywhere?

The reworked Aspected Benefic in Noct to make it less insane.

There's basically just people taking furitivie pictures while queueing up for the Susanoo challenge, and the information they can give is somewhat limited in that the fight syncs down to 63. So they can see the tooltips, but there's no chance of firsthand reporting how Plenary worked.

That part of the wording hasn't changed from the media build; the only new phrasing is the 'must have a confession on somebody' to use part. People initially common sense interpreted it as healing everyone, but that's not how it worked in the media build and Yoshida straight up refuses to talk about WHM in-depth because 'calm down wait for live' so who knows?

scy

Is Divine Benison just stoneskin that you have to jump through hoops to cast now?

It still makes me go ??? at it not scaling with lilies a little at least but it does mean Cure 2 -> Divine Benison is a 700 potency heal + 15% shield (~6k @i270) which puts it at a like ~500 potency shield, maybe?, if we want to make the comparison like that. Whether or not it's a sustainable thing every 30s is another matter I suppose.

The wording on the tooltip, and every displayed use of the skill so far, indicates it only heals the people WITH a confession stack. The skill wasn't usable in the fight (synced 63, 70 skill) so it's still "Probably works the bad way but who knows."

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
That part of the wording hasn't changed from the media build; the only new phrasing is the 'must have a confession on somebody' to use part. People initially common sense interpreted it as healing everyone, but that's not how it worked in the media build and Yoshida straight up refuses to talk about WHM in-depth because 'calm down wait for live' so who knows?
Well, shit.

MechaX

I am curious on this myself.

I am still undecided on BRD v SMN to start with because even though I can summon Bahamut for 20 seconds, SE nerfing the class's aoe output into the ground is really sad. Plus, I don't know how much SE realizes how much pre-60 content is going to suck with that class (shit bane and no contagion is going to be miserable, gg if you get a dungeon pre Tri-Disaster).

And I don't want to be stuck in Potd hell with RDM or SAM.

iammeiam

AST is still stupidly OP until somebody posts a pic of Balance being like 4% or something, I just no longer get to go '900 POTENCY AOE HEAL' every time somebody talks about WHM being super strong heals champion.

It still makes me go ??? at it not scaling with lilies a little at least but it does mean Cure 2 -> Divine Benison is a 700 potency heal + 15% shield (~6k @i270) which puts it at a like ~500 potency shield, maybe?, if we want to make the comparison like that. Whether or not it's a sustainable thing every 30s is another matter I suppose.

This still sounds more like "WHM stays winning in dungeons" than anything particularly great for raiding (which is the only WHM concern; Holy remains best mitigation in the game for dungeons), and even then it's only somewhat appealing because lilies are so bad in every other scenario. Like, if there were anything better to spend the lilies on, you'd just have the WHM do that and have the AST/SCH drop their shield instead.

Like it has uses, but it's still more something you'd have to find excuses to use than a skill you're going to naturally use all over.

scy

AST dead. WHM dead. Time 2 SCH.

Despite the negativity, I'm expecting more WHM/AST still if only because of Noct AST still looking really good on paper and they don't work that well with a SCH.

Mostly just sad that a lot of WHM so far can be summed up as "play as you did before but with Thin Air."

I am curious on this myself.

I am still undecided on BRD v SMN to start with because even though I can summon Bahamut for 20 seconds, SE nerfing the class's aoe output into the ground is really sad. Plus, I don't know how much SE realizes how much pre-60 content is going to suck with that class (shit bane and no contagion is going to be miserable, gg if you get a dungeon pre Tri-Disaster).

And I don't want to be stuck in Potd hell with RDM or SAM.

Not to rain on the parade much but, man, a lot of the new SMN stuff seems awkward to me still from an ex-SMN main (albeit back in FCoB-Gordias). I really want to see how the Tri-Disaster Ruination thing pans out since it reads super clunky to try and game. Which, on that note, the SMN actions from E3 if you haven't seen them yet.

studyguy

Saw a full Susano run on youtube last night.

You literally have someone stand in place and block his sword at one point while the raid fights and takes AoE damage.

BRD looks fucking neato still idk, I kinda wanna roll that as my first DPS to level.
4.0 BRD said:

It's ok guys, now that Stone 4 has lost 10 potency WHM will truly shine!

Wait a sec

WHM still have protect thanks to YoshiP-sama. They should be grateful.

Yoshida: The opposite was true [he successfully saved one]. The Protect spell, there were talks within the dev team that “oh we don’t want this anymore” and he (Yoshida-san) felt that as Final Fantasy you have got to have that spell [Protect]. It would be weird if we didn’t have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom