• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV Information Thread | PC Open Beta... yeah it's not really open.

Ravidrath

Pinko Marx said:
Maybe that spy act wasn't really an act, and they really DID sneak into SE offices?

I know you're not serious, but, just to clarify...

The guy everyone hates is Michael Koji Fox. He was one of the head translators for XI and does all the media interpretation for interviews and the like, and is now on XIV.

He's a big part of the reason XI's dialog is legitimately funny and entertaining after Richard Honeywood left for Blizzard, and I suspect that will continue in XIV.

hteng

Banned
Ravidrath said:
I know you're not serious, but, just to clarify...

The guy everyone hates is Michael Koji Fox. He was one of the head translators for XI and does all the media interpretation for interviews and the like, and is now on XIV.

He's a big part of the reason XI's dialog is legitimately funny and entertaining after Richard Honeywood left for Blizzard, and I suspect that will continue in XIV.

shantoto dialogs were awesome

Feep

Banned
Grabbed this off of the official Squeenix Media Servers, labeled simply as "Gladiator". Apologies if old.

11ca45t.jpg

Munba

Thanks to HalaBasinah at Eorzeapedia (info taken from the video):

Fishers are the harvesters of the realm's marine and freshwater animal resources. The goods they obtain from their catch place them in direct dealings with both culinarians and goldsmiths. Be it from the shore of a sea, the bank of a river, or the side of a boat, Eorzea's anglers must constantly account for a wide range of factors to optimize their success, including season, time, place, tools, and bait. In addition, the sometimes perilous nature of desirable fishing holes, be they on or offshore, above or below ground, prompts many fishers to employ the protection of more combat-oriented professions. The primary tool of the fisher is the fishing rod.

The botanist profession encompasses the procurement of resources from all forms of plant life. This includes harvesting various vegetables and grains, tending to fruit-bearing trees, gathering wild grasses, cultivating fibrous plants for use in textiles, cutting lumber to supply the carpentry trade, and more. The wide range of raw materials draws the custom of various other guilds, notably the Carpenters', Weavers', Alchemists', and Culinarians'. Botanists also attempt to educate others about the importance of achieving a symbiotic relationship with Eorzea's plants, rather than carelessly stripping them of their useful parts. This is perhaps best exemplified by the revolutionary irrigation methods devised by Gridania, which first made low-impact, high-yield crop propagation possible. The primary tool of the botanist is the hatchet.

Seasons confirmed. :D

No45

Munba said:
Thanks to HalaBasinah at Eorzeapedia (info taken from the video):

Fishers are the harvesters of the realm's marine and freshwater animal resources. The goods they obtain from their catch place them in direct dealings with both culinarians and goldsmiths. Be it from the shore of a sea, the bank of a river, or the side of a boat, Eorzea's anglers must constantly account for a wide range of factors to optimize their success, including season, time, place, tools, and bait. In addition, the sometimes perilous nature of desirable fishing holes, be they on or offshore, above or below ground, prompts many fishers to employ the protection of more combat-oriented professions. The primary tool of the fisher is the fishing rod.

The botanist profession encompasses the procurement of resources from all forms of plant life. This includes harvesting various vegetables and grains, tending to fruit-bearing trees, gathering wild grasses, cultivating fibrous plants for use in textiles, cutting lumber to supply the carpentry trade, and more. The wide range of raw materials draws the custom of various other guilds, notably the Carpenters', Weavers', Alchemists', and Culinarians'. Botanists also attempt to educate others about the importance of achieving a symbiotic relationship with Eorzea's plants, rather than carelessly stripping them of their useful parts. This is perhaps best exemplified by the revolutionary irrigation methods devised by Gridania, which first made low-impact, high-yield crop propagation possible. The primary tool of the botanist is the hatchet.

Seasons confirmed. :D
Man, I love the gathering and professions in MMOs. I can see me spending a lot of time doing those two jobs. <3

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Jeez, that character creation vid is exactly what I wanted. Props to SE for giving us hella more decent looking options than FFXI!

Sin

Feep said:
Grabbed this off of the official Squeenix Media Servers, labeled simply as "Gladiator". Apologies if old.

Pic

That pic is around 2 months old, can't wait to see more though.

LaneDS

Calantus said:
so if you buy 13 you get beta access? what about for PC?

You get a chance at PS3 beta access I believe. It's very vague and it can't be said for sure what that code with XIII gets you.

For PC they have (had?) sign-ups on the website, and it seems to be luck of the draw whether you get picked or not.

Calantus

LaneDS said:
You get a chance at PS3 beta access I believe. It's very vague and it can't be said for sure what that code with XIII gets you.

For PC they have (had?) sign-ups on the website, and it seems to be luck of the draw whether you get picked or not.

ah ok, i've been signed up since it first opened. Thanks

okno

Yeah, from what I can tell the code from FFXIII is supposed to increase the likelyhood of you getting access to the beta, but I don't know if that only applies once they go from alpha to beta, or if it applies right now. I haven't seen any evidence that the code actually makes it any easier to get into the beta, but maybe there will be some announcement made at E3 in regards to it.

I hope so, at least. :(

Londa

Banned
I can't wait to see what else they have in store. I really want to know about the moghouse and how chocobo's will be used and I'm curious about the rideable horses that was mention. So freakin excited!!! Love the awesome stairs treatment.

Adamm

From the invite email

* To PlayStation 3 Version Applicants:
This test phase will deal only with the Windows version of the software.
Details regarding the test schedule for the PlayStation 3 version will
be released by email at a later date. If possible, we still ask and
encourage you to take part in the testing on a Windows PC.

Wonder does this mean i get access to PS3 Beta test when its available also :D

notworksafe

Don't see why not. When the PC beta is fully open and the PS3 beta launches I can see them only giving PS3 access to accounts that were in while testing was closed.

Top Bottom