Final Fantasy XIV Information Thread | PC Open Beta... yeah it's not really open.

Apr 4, 2006
got somewhere around 2300 at 1080p. seemed to handle most areas fine, but I suppose an upgrade will be in the future. anyone posting specs? currently running an e8400 at 3 ghz, 4 gigs of ram, and a GTX 260 core 216 with a small overclock.

guessing I could push the e8400 to 3.8 stable and maybe up the GPU a bit.. will try that tomorrow and post results.

Jun 11, 2007
Scored a smidge over 3k and am completely satisfied with the performance. Alpha made me concerned the game would follow in XI's footsteps of never quite taking advantage of good PC hardware, this benchmark has removed that worry quite easily.

Sep 12, 2004
So uh...what do these numbers mean? I got ~2500 in 1080p, although my monitor is only 720p. What would that translate to in average FPS? It seemed pretty smooth, probably close to 50+ fps for 99% of it.

Jun 11, 2007
carlo6529 said:
I don't remember/know how the battle system was in the alpha so I don't really have much to compare it to.
You have an action bar that fills up, and once it's full you can attack once. It's slow and boring (and also a placeholder) and the new system looks far improved.

Teknoman said:
So basically, more stamina = higher attack? Or you can just attack until your stamina depletes?
Seems like the first option. Actions take various amounts of stamina, and your stamina gauge slowly replenishes as you use expend it.

Aug 22, 2009
I lowered my graphic card settings before running the benchmark. Would it score lower because of this? Should I change my setting back to normal before running the benchmark?

Jun 11, 2007
Londa said:
I lowered my graphic card settings before running the benchmark. Would I score lower because of this? Should I change my setting back to normal before running the benchmark?
The benchmark has no graphic settings outside resolution, which is kind of the point. Using the default setting, you'll be able to get a numeric value that can be compared against some scale S-E will have (or other users) to get an idea of how well your machine runs it.

Mar 29, 2009
New battle system looks great, although I think that all the skills should use a bit more action gauge, might make combat more tactical, and less spamming of moves. Of course I'll have to give it a go myself first. :D

Nov 10, 2006
Ukraine/Germany
Teknoman said:
Yeah Kinan, I just had to install the latest drivers and restart. PC was probably still bogged down from all the downloading, streaming, and random other things since E3 this morning. Did a disk clean up as well.

Going to give high res test a shot now.

Nice. :=) Your load time is still pretty high though.