• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV Information Thread | PC Open Beta... yeah it's not really open.

Aw poops, no PS3 beta unless I purchase the steaming mediocrity of FFXIII? Thats a shame. Looks like they won't get a chance to hook me then, probably a good thing ultimately :lol

gillty

Banned
Replicant said:
It's freaking annoying that the username you use for Square Enix Member site is not automatically working for Square Enix ID site. Also, the later site requires you to pick password that is at least 8 characters long and must be a combination of numbers and alphabets. I hate that.
so you hate that they require you to have a some-what secure password? :lol

bryehn

Went through the crazy registration for FFXIII on PS3 and went to apply for the XIV beta using the code I got. Reposting from the XIII thread

bryehn said:
So I'm trying to go through the process of applying for the XIV beta, but it's not accepting my 20 digit code...

...because the field only accepts 19 m'f'n' characters!

Caffer

Neo Member
all of you who registered the copy already received the mail?i'm still waiting for mine...17 hours and counting...:(

belvedere

Junior Butler
Ok, so the code with FFXIII. I've registered my FFXIII copy at the "members" area, then for the FFXIV beta, it just links you to the beta sign up page. Is there somewhere to enter the code for the beta too, or simply fill out the beta sign up as anyone else would?

I already signed up for the PC beta.

belvedere said:
Ok, so the code with FFXIII. I've registered my FFXIII copy at the "members" area, then for the FFXIV beta, it just links you to the beta sign up page. Is there somewhere to enter the code for the beta too, or simply fill out the beta sign up as anyone else would?

I already signed up for the PC beta.

Once you select that you want to sign up for the PS3 beta, a field will pop up to input the code.

belvedere

Junior Butler
Pai Pai Master said:
Once you select that you want to sign up for the PS3 beta, a field will pop up to input the code.

Maybe the site was hammered last night. It seemed to keep refreshing the login page, even though I was logged in already.

I'll try again tonight.

Thanks.

Ricker

bryehn said:
Went through the crazy registration for FFXIII on PS3 and went to apply for the XIV beta using the code I got. Reposting from the XIII thread

If you copy and paste,for some reason,it only paste the 16 first characters,type the last 4 by hand :lol

Wrong quote but yeah,that was my problem,got the thing working now,beta sent.

Caffer

Neo Member
contacted the support centre:

Dear customer,

Thank you for contacting the Square Enix Support Centre,
Your code is being processed and will arrive later this week. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Thank you again for contacting us and for you interest in Square Enix products!
More help and information are available at the Square Enix Support Centre website.
http://support.eu.square-enix.com/index.php

it's strange that i'm the only one who hasn't received the code right after registering my product...hope they told me the truth lol...

zlatko

Banned
I have a Japanese code from FF13 for both the item AND the beta if someone wants them. Only works with a JP made account though so you'll have to make a JP one to do it.(not a biggy if you just follow the net)

1200 Microsoft points and both are yours. Private message away if anyone wants them.

So does GAF have a policy against breaking NDAs on the forums? Would it be out of line for us to have an "Official Final Fantasy XIV BETA thread" where people could discuss gameplay and maybe post screenshots that don't reveal who any characters are?

Registerd my EU copy on the EU site, got the code and then registerd for the beta with the same code. When I copy pasted the entire code and deleted the spaces nothing happened but when I typed the whole thing (without spaces) it seems to have worked.

Man

Took me 10 minutes to receive the Beta Key after having registered FF13.

Regarding the E-mail password:

The textbox accepting the password only allows 20 chars to be entered.
There are four spaces before the last four digits meaning the last four digits won't survive the paste into the textbox. Remove the spaces and add the last four digits manually.

Teknoman

HappyBivouac said:
So does GAF have a policy against breaking NDAs on the forums? Would it be out of line for us to have an "Official Final Fantasy XIV BETA thread" where people could discuss gameplay and maybe post screenshots that don't reveal who any characters are?

Would be possible if, and only if we did it in the online section, since only GAF members can view it. But I dunno about NDA rules around GAF.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Wait... You're supposed to get E-mailed a code? I put the code I got in the FFXIII case into the members website, and then a code popped up for the registration of the beta on the members site, so I copied the code and put that into the space provided on the beta form...

What code are people getting/supposed to get E-mailed by Square Enix?

Teknoman

DMeisterJ said:
Wait... You're supposed to get E-mailed a code? I put the code I got in the FFXIII case into the members website, and then a code popped up for the registration of the beta on the members site, so I copied the code and put that into the space provided on the beta form...

What code are people getting/supposed to get E-mailed by Square Enix?

Strange that some are getting emails while others are getting pop ups. Maybe its different depending on the region?

desu

HappyBivouac said:

Not sure, but I really wouldnt want to risk getting banned from the beta for this...

Caffer

Neo Member
no, only a chance...now if only someone could explain why some ppl get the code on the site, others by e-mail...and then there's me with no code...:(

Mandoric

Banned
belvedere said:
So is the XIII registration code for PS3 a guaranteed spot in the XIV beta?

FFXI's player population is slightly north of 500k. S-E expects to sell 6 million copies of FFXIII. :lol

The code allows you to enter the selection process for the PS3 beta, nothing more.

belvedere

Junior Butler
Mandoric said:
FFXI's player population is slightly north of 500k. S-E expects to sell 6 million copies of FFXIII. :lol

The code allows you to enter the selection process for the PS3 beta, nothing more.

Oh, sorry I didn't clarify :lol

I had asked earlier about a window of time immediately after XIII's release.

Yeah, I'd love to see a beta with 5+million participants.

:lol

Teknoman

belvedere said:
Oh, sorry I didn't clarify :lol

I had asked earlier about a window of time immediately after XIII's release.

Yeah, I'd love to see a beta with 5+million participants.

:lol

Well either way, they'll start letting more and more people into the beta, and im sure everyone in closed gets to stick around through open beta.

So I am at GDC and finally got a chance to look at the thread.

So to catch up. There is a beta code in the ps3 version of ff xiii?

Whats going on with pc beta sign ups? Do you have to have a FFXI account to sign up?

Broadbandito said:
Whats going on with pc beta sign ups? Do you have to have a FFXI account to sign up?

No, but FFXI players got an additional chance at the PC beta through a raffle conducted by FFXI community sites. (ffxiclopedia and zam)

Teknoman

Broadbandito said:
So I am at GDC and finally got a chance to look at the thread.

So to catch up. There is a beta code in the ps3 version of ff xiii?

No beta code in PS3 version. A code to register to get sent a campaign code that gives you a chance to be chosen for PS3 closed beta (which will just be PS3 users joining the PC beta testers) and a code that works with any XIV retail version for a secret item.

PC beta signups: a second chance for early beta access was at both ffxiclopedia and allakazam (zam) for those currently playing FFXI. No one has received confirmation yet, however anyone who signed up for the beta can be chosen at any time once the beta starts.

Also the beta site now lets you update info via resubmission, but they'll only count your most recent submission and it wont disqualify you.

Kandinsky

HappyBivouac said:
Pretty sure this wont be allowed.

Anyone know if you can signed up for both the PC and PS3 betas? I signed up for the PC one when that was announced and I am about to enter my code in for a chance for the PS3 one. Could I theoretically get chosen for both?

Teknoman

Big Papa Husker said:
Anyone know if you can signed up for both the PC and PS3 betas? I signed up for the PC one when that was announced and I am about to enter my code in for a chance for the PS3 one. Could I theoretically get chosen for both?

Only if you sign up for the PS3 using a completely different Square Enix ID with another email. If you use the same info you did for PC, you invalidate your PC beta entry.

Salaadin

Big Papa Husker said:

The fine print makes it sound likes its one or the other and that using a PS3 codes eliminates you from PC contention.

Im signing up for both under different emails and addresses and SE IDs

Big Papa Husker said:
Nope. Signing up for the PS3 one will replace the application you put in for the PC. I've been back and forth on whether or not to try for the PS3 one, or wait and hope I get into the PC one.

oneHeero

WTF is going on in here? Ps3 signups through code from FF13 game?

I just have to buy FF13 to get a code to register for Ps3 beta? From any retailer????!?!?!??!

Salaadin said:
The fine print makes it sound likes its one or the other and that using a PS3 codes eliminates you from PC contention.

Im signing up for both under different emails and addresses and SE IDs

That's a good idea. I think I'll do that.

oneHeero said:
Damn you SE, forcing me to buy this game now oppose to waiting til payday. Damn you to hell!
No need to rush. First off, that just lets you register, it doesn't guarantee you'll ever get in. Second, they are doing the PC beta first - PS3 beta won't probably be for at least a couple months. Third, order of submission has nothing to do with being chosen.

Top Bottom