• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT| ARR: Alpha Closed. Beta mid-Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.

vivin

Vivin - Taru Taru - Limsa Lominsa - Limited - NZST

Should I add myself to the spreadsheet? I could probably pick up the night shift of sacking people if need be :D

vivin said:
Vivin - Taru Taru - Limsa Lominsa - Limited - NZST

Should I add myself to the spreadsheet? I could probably pick up the night shift of sacking people if need be :D

Already got you.

Rental and Tek I need the rest of your info.

Need more people for Gridania and Ul'dah too.

Bento

Dammit! Forgot that I preordered FFXIV along with Civ V meaning that I won't have FFXIV until Friday >_< Oh well, hopefully the initial clusterfuck will have worn of by then : P

Unknown Soldier said:
I'll be starting in Ul'dah, I can hold a sack if need be.

List your info or add yourself to the spreadsheet please.

I'll switch starting cities if we need more people in one, I'm not attached to Limsa, even though pirates rule.

Reallink

LeMaximilian said:
I REALLY hope so. For anyone else that has used it, how reliable is their Release Day Shipping?

It's as reliable as UPS or Fedex is in your area. It has always technically come on release day in my experience, but that could be 5 or 6 pm depending on the carrier. Fedex delivers at 9-11am in my area, UPS at 4-6pm. Amazon has told me it is a crap shoot for which carrier you get, their CSR's have no control. I've done a ton of RDD's in the past, and they've always been Fedex--till Amazon started this 99 cents business the last few weeks and they've (coincidentally) all come UPS now. I've canceled all my RDD preorders because frankly, 6pm is worthless. I could have gone to town and bought it 8 or 10 hours ago by that point.

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
I wonder if anyone knows the answer to this question...

My Square Enix ID is Japanese, as is the PlayOnline account I linked for the bonuses. Will a registration code from a US copy of FFXIV work, or will I have to get a Japanese copy?

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Reallink said:
It's as reliable as UPS or Fedex is in your area. It has always technically come on release day in my experience, but that could be 5 or 6 pm depending on the carrier. Fedex delivers at 9-11am in my area, UPS at 4-6pm. Amazon has told me it is a crap shoot for which carrier you get, their CSR's have no control. I've done a ton of RDD's in the past, and they've always been Fedex--till Amazon started this 99 cents business the last few weeks and they've (coincidentally) all come UPS now. I've canceled all my RDD preorders because frankly, 6pm is worthless. I could have gone to town and bought it 8 or 10 hours ago by that point.

Sounds good, thanks for the write up.

Aokage said:
I wonder if anyone knows the answer to this question...

My Square Enix ID is Japanese, as is the PlayOnline account I linked for the bonuses. Will a registration code from a US copy of FFXIV work, or will I have to get a Japanese copy?

I would suggest getting a Japanese copy.

For everyone asking, I wouldn't expect to be able to mix and match regions on ANYTHING, be it games, SE accounts, or FF13 bonus codes. If you happen to luck out, great, but I would plan accordingly if you want the bonus items and little hassle.

jiggle

so i suck at the google spreadsheet thing
was updating my info and accidently pasted on top of awntwn(sp?)
and there's no undo button D:

hope there's a backup...

jiggle said:

hope there's a backup...

If control Z doesnt work, click old version and go back one version

Coverly

Well I don't know if I should be happy or sad but this game finally got the better of me lol. Special edition ordered via Amazon, so see you guys Wed!

Go ahead and add me to the list.
Gaf Username:Coverly
Server: Lindblum

Everything else is undecided. All I know is that I want to be a healer if possible.

pancakesandsex said:
List your info or add yourself to the spreadsheet please.

I'll switch starting cities if we need more people in one, I'm not attached to Limsa, even though pirates rule.

Done. I'm surprised by the number of people starting in Gridania, the worst starting city in terms of leve difficulty because of high-level mobs blocking all the narrow paths.

You might as well start in Limsa and just ride the ferry over to Ul'dah, the city in between Gridania and Limsa.

Jinko

Unknown Soldier said:
Done. I'm surprised by the number of people starting in Gridania, the worst starting city in terms of leve difficulty because of high-level mobs blocking all the narrow paths.

Is hardcore !

I'll be starting in Gridania, shortly moving to Ul'dah for the Alchemy guild, Grid has the best story out of all 3 cities from what I saw of them.

Any way to pre-download the patch, I wonder...

Knowing SE it will be a clusterfuck 1 hour before the game goes live.

jiggle

K, manually added Awntawn back in. Hope i'm not missing too many info.

Wish I could play in Lindblum ; ;

Jinko said:
Grid has the best story out of all 3 cities from what I saw of them.

I like Grid's intro story too
anything good happened during the story missions?

Ul'dha's intro story was pretty good but it got REALLY interesting by the 2nd story mission.

kiryogi

Banned
Hrm I guess I'll try my hand on this sackholder stuff. I'll be the PST sackholder in Limsa then?

kiryogi - Eithne Rain - Limsa Lominsa - Limited - PST

Munba

Any info about the possibility to follow all the main 3 city-state stories with the same character?

Midou

I didn't notice this thread until today.

I've gone through but I haven't found any mention of official gaf LS, I did find the XIVlist though, has there been any decision on an LS?

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Kintaro - Darsh Schneider - Limsa - LE - MST.

I got the LE in today. Very nice packaging but very tall. People should be happy with it though.

Salaadin

jiggle said:

hope there's a backup...

The undo button is the little backwards arrow thingy right underneath "edit".

Ive been peridocally making backups in case something goes crazy. Theres also a way to jump back to previous versions if I have to. In any case, it looks like you fixed it.

kiryogi

Banned
jiggle said:
K, manually added Awntawn back in. Hope i'm not missing too many info.

Wish I could play in Lindblum ; ;

Ul'dha's intro story was pretty good but it got REALLY interesting by the 2nd story mission.

What's stopping you? GAF's main server is LINDBLUM!

And on sackholder bit. it's looking like I might end up working weds (FUCK) D: So won't be home until midnight if anything. Will try to get home earlier tho.

Switching myself to Grid since people seem to love Limsa. I want to be a Botanist anyway.

Could use 2 more grid and 1 more Ul'dah to start us off on wed.

Jinko

pancakesandsex said:
Not interested in passing out pearls this time Jinko?

Well hopefully they will have fixed being able to invite from anywhere in the world (like they hinted in that interview not so long back), if not sure I can help.

Gridania story line has moogles what more do I need to say :)

Something about the forest guardian turning against gridania. (I suspect something to do with the Garlean empire)

I imagine later we'll have to fight that big treant as a boss :)

Jinko said:
Well hopefully they will have fixed being able to invite from anywhere in the world (like they hinted in that interview not so long back), if not sure I can help.

Gridania story line has moogles what more do I need to say :)

Something about the forest guardian turning against gridania. (I suspect something to do with the Garlean empire)

I imagine later we'll have to fight that big treant as a boss :)

The plan is, everyone who wants a sack explores to the midpoint camp asap, we sack everyone all at once, then port back and pass out pearls in our respective nations. If we need to sack more, we'll have the port.

demonkaze

demonkaze - Astraer Lavia - gridania - LE - GMT

My brother will also be in the same area as me, have the day off on Wednesday so can pass pearls around if need be?

pancakesandsex said:
Switching myself to Grid since people seem to love Limsa. I want to be a Botanist anyway.

Could use 2 more grid and 1 more Ul'dah to start us off on wed.
I'll start in Gridania. LE schedule for delivery Wednesday. I can pass out pearls and sacks and what not

Not sure what my in game name will be, but I'm joining the GAF server. I am on Cali time so I can help PST shift.

KaYotiX

Banned
Broke down and got the CE hahah

Kayotix----- Kymera Bloodbane ---- not sure where im gonna start just yet. CST time

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I guess now is the decision time. Do I keep my order of the CE or cancel it?

I'm not exactly happy about all of the things I heard about the beta. A coworker was playing the beta and was an old school FFXI player. He said it was "different".

Cmagus

I have a question regarding the buddy pass.So Im getting the LE but my friend just wants the standard cause he doesn't want all the collectors stuff.We want to start thew game together so I was wondering if anyone knows that if I were to give him my buddy pass and he creates a char and stuff will those chars be able to be carried over when he buys retail?

Trojita said:

I'm not exactly happy about all of the things I heard about the beta. A coworker was playing the beta and was an old school FFXI player. He said it was "different".

OMGAWD DIFFERENT

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Pai Pai Master said:
OMGAWD DIFFERENT

All of the comments I said I heard were mostly from this and other forums. The coworker was someone that mentioned is playtime face to face. Believe me he said a lot more than that. He's still buying this game.

KaYotiX

Banned
it is different and thats what i think i need. Just something with a different feel. The beta was wierd but im going to try the retail and hopefully it clicks with me :D

Coldsnap

Trojita said:

Last time I spoke with most of the hardcore FFXI players here they were all disappointed with the beta as was I. Regardless though I think most of us are going to give the full retail a shot.

Impressions for this game are going to be tricky, I'm going to pay close attention to the people that I played the beta with which didn't like it.

Dineren

Banned
This has perfect timing, I'm really in the mood for a new MMO and Amazon still has release day shipping available for the CE. First time I've bought an MMO with no exposure to it besides a benchmark. I guess I better start reading so I'm not completely lost on Wednesday.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I got a late invite to "open" beta, but the download website would never accept my beta username and password.
I'll probably be an ultra-casual FFXIV player anyway. I work long hours now, and have a different schedule every week. Plus, the game seems terrible compared to FFXI.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Trojita said:
Yeah but some of it sounded like battered girlfriend syndrome.
:lol

Well, that wouldn't be the first time something like that happens on GAF. I had my issues with the beta, but I do realize that it was a beta. Despite the issues, I still had a good time. I don't mind parting with 75 bucks to see if the final product is as good as the potential I'm seeing.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Then again... I'm somewhat reluctant to risk money on a game that's failed to work for me twice. (before the beta website problems, I couldn't get the benchmark to run on my PC at all)

I think a lot of the complaints here have been justified but no one should write the game off without giving the retail version a fair shake.

We all know what FFXI was like at launch. XIV is in a better shape if you ask me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom