• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT| ARR: Alpha Closed. Beta mid-Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.

hgplayer1

Hmmm Amazon just let me change my pre-order to release day delivery.

I guess the other day when I was trying to change it they didnt have any more in stock?

Looks like Ill be installing the game Wednesday night one way or another.

hgplayer1 - Hgplayer Ichi - Limsa Lomisa

Let me in

I'll be in Gridania on Wednesday (Lagi Caelitus). I'm EST. Hopefully Amazon comes through with their RDD. I'll help where I can.

careksims

I'll be on Grid in Limblum server unless the majority of Gaf chooses another server.

Kessah Shrykewolf will be there Wed night. Will be going all the way to Lima just to touch all the crystals. :D

Cathcart

Unknown Soldier said:
Done. I'm surprised by the number of people starting in Gridania, the worst starting city in terms of leve difficulty because of high-level mobs blocking all the narrow paths.

You might as well start in Limsa and just ride the ferry over to Ul'dah, the city in between Gridania and Limsa.

They don't get hard until the rank 10 leves and by then you have access to all three cities anyway. I'm starting in Gridania because it has the best story, I can do leves wherever I want regardless of where I start out.

Well, that and the fact that the five guilds I'm most interested in are conveniently based in Gridania.

I have no idea which city to start in. I skipped the open beta so that stuff would be fresh for the full release. Gridania doesn't sound fun to me so I'll go with which of the others is most popular I guess.

Should have my CE tomorrow. Can't play obviously but at least I can get it installed ready for whatever patch they have in store.

Jonnyram

Has Lindblum really been settled on?
I keep reading that there is some separation between Lindblum and Rabanastre going on. Would be nice if you guys stuck to one server.

Jonnyram said:
I keep reading that there is some separation between Lindblum and Rabanastre going on. Would be nice if you guys stuck to one server.

I think a couple of guys were going to Rabanastre to be with friends. GAF LS is still on Lindblum.

jiggle

Baloonatic said:
I have no idea which city to start in. I skipped the open beta so that stuff would be fresh for the full release.

all 3 cities are very close to eachother
you can easily travel to another nation to do your battles
so the story is really the only reason to base that decision on

Jijidasu

Jonnyram said:

Ragnarok importers are heading to Rabanastre.

Feep

Banned
Just FYI, I don't have any idea what everyone was saying in this thread earlier, Amazon Release Day shipping (for only a buck!) is still available for the next 14 hours. Grab it now, and you'll get it on the 22nd.

See you all in Eorzea. :D

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I changed my shipping date to release date delivery. It automatically changed it without giving me the price. It seems it went from super saver shipping to release date delivery for only 99 cents. I was going to have a whole week to decide if I still wanted the game........ I think I fucked myself over.

You can now register your FFXIII codes (and CE codes if you already received your copy).

http://account.square-enix.com/

I'm not sure what Squenix thinks they are doing with their billing system. They are outsourcing credit card billing to a shady outfit called ClickandBuy who are better known for their billing services for online gambling websites. And if you want to pay by buying Squenix Crysta, you can only buy the Crysta in $5 increments even though the game costs $13 a month! Fucking Squenix, screwing us in every way they can think of! It's like buying Microsoft Points on Xbox Live, it's not possible to come out with a zero balance! :lol

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Unknown Soldier said:
You can now register your FFXIII codes (and CE codes if you already received your copy).

I'm not sure what Squenix thinks they are doing with their billing system. They are outsourcing credit card billing to a shady outfit called ClickandBuy who are better known for their billing services for online gambling websites. And if you want to pay by buying Squenix Crysta, you can only buy the Crysta in $5 increments even though the game costs $13 a month! Fucking Squenix, screwing us in every way they can think of! It's like buying Microsoft Points on Xbox Live, it's not possible to come out with a zero balance! :lol

2zibplt.jpg

Ronok

It just arrived. I have to say I'm quite impressed with the quality of the Collectors Edition. It's so much nicer then what they put out for FF13. :lol

Edit: I want to get to installing the game, but, I'm stress testing this OC.... Last night prime failed at around 5 hours. >.>:;;

Kazenone

My CE just came, it's so good! The cloth map is pretty nice, but the DVD case has some lovely Yoshida artwork on it. Tumbler is pretty good quality, too. Haven't tried the security token yet for obvious reasons.

Now all I need is a PC to play the game on. :(

nyM7D.jpg

C2VQm.jpg

EErX6.jpg

XgTtD.jpg

Lhv4t.jpg

Za4rp.jpg

You also need a verified Click and Buy account to buy Crysta, but it takes up to 3 days for the verification payments to go through :/

Kazenone said:
My CE just came, it's so good! The cloth map is pretty nice, but the DVD case has some lovely Yoshida artwork on it. Tumbler is pretty good quality, too. Haven't tried the security token yet for obvious reasons.

Now all I need is a PC to play the game on. :(

Lhv4t.jpg

That mug looks pretty awesome. ^___^ Why can't the US version come with that ;___;

Wonder if Hong Kong would have that CE. I really want that Mug

Ronok said:
Edit: I want to get to installing the game, but, I'm stress testing this OC.... Last night prime failed at around 5 hours. >.>:;;

Ha, I'm actually large FFTing my box right now too! I've had to raise the voltage a bit twice so far, it's been going about 5 hours 15 minutes now without a bluescreen. I'm hopeful I won't need to jack the voltage a bit more. I always go for 24 hours of large FFTs before I declare an OC stable enough for daily use.

If Squenix was too cheap to handle their own goddamn credit card billing, they could at least have used PayPal or something. What the fuck is this ClickandBuy horseshit?

kiryogi

Banned
Feep said:
Do we need to set up the Crysta stuff prior to playing, despite the free 30 days thing?

Yeah the SE account site acutally recommends this to avoid trouble and ease of congestion on zero hour.

Baloonatic said:
You also need a verified Click and Buy account to buy Crysta, but it takes up to 3 days for the verification payments to go through :/

great...I was going to pay with Crysta to avoid having to use Click and Buy.

Kintaro

LeoStenbuck said:
great...I was going to pay with Crysta to avoid having to use Click and Buy.

This says Crysta isn't through Click and Buy. Down side is, $5 increments. That's fine by me though. No big.

Of course, I'm trying to use this Ultimate Pay thing through the site and it's like, stuck or something. =/

glaurung

Looking at the awesome pictures in this thread I remembered that I'd forgotten to cancel my CE pre-order.

Too late now.

Oh well, at least the stuff that comes with it is nice.

lupinko

Unknown Soldier said:

Where do we register the FFXIII codes? :S

Kintaro

Oh ok, you can add Crysta via PayPal. Or you can use those Ultimate Game Cards that Wally World/Game Stop/etc carry. Much better.

Kintaro said:
Yeah. Then two options will pop up. One for paypal, one for using an Ultimate Game Card.

Ah right, I just assumed Ultimate Pay was another Click and Buy style thing. That makes things easier I guess.

Ronok

Just tried to login to paypal and found out my account has permanently been blocked with all details attached to my account blocked from making new accounts... Wtf?

It takes days to dispute this shit, so I'm gunna have to take the plunge with another payment method. :(

Was there an item for playing XI as well? I have the Onion Helm and Asuran Armguards registered now but not sure how I can register XI. I've already tied my SE account to my PlayOnline account.

I registered 8 characters as well, thought I might as well take advantage of the free month :lol Not even sure what race to play as. Certainly not being Taru again!

Kyoufu

Does the Asuran Armguards show up in the service list or not? It accepted my FFXIII code but I don't see it in my service history.

Kyoufu said:
Does the Asuran Armguards show up in the service list or not? It accepted my FFXIII code but I don't see it in my service history.

You have to register XIV first. Then you can see what items you have registered along with how many characters.

Kyoufu

Baloonatic said:
You have to register XIV first. Then you can see what items you have registered along with how many characters.

I have XIV registered from the beta. Is this good or bad?

edit: nvm it all makes sense now.

Kyoufu said:
I have XIV registered from the beta. Is this good or bad?

I don't know, I skipped the open beta. Do you have "Final Fantasy XIV" listed under Active Service Accounts? To see what items I have I have to go to: Select Service -> Final Fantasy XIV -> Options List.

I'm pretty sure you won't have that unless you have the full game registered though.

Ronok

eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/ingameitem/ isn't working for me........ Is there any other way to redeem item codes? v.v;

EDIT: Ok, no idea why they tell you to use that website, the regular account management website lets you add them. :-/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom