• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT| ARR: Alpha Closed. Beta mid-Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zomba13

My CE has come :D
Regestering the game and item codes etc now while I install. Got the making of DVD playing which is mostly the youtube stuff =/
Tumbler smells a bit funky so will need to be washed wih boiling water later and the map is sweet. Artbook journal is alright, could have been better.

Kyoufu

Zomba13 said:
My CE has come :D
Regestering the game and item codes etc now while I install. Got the making of DVD playing which is mostly the youtube stuff =/
Tumbler smells a bit funky so will need to be washed wih boiling water later and the map is sweet. Artbook journal is alright, could have been better.

My pee shall cleanse the tumbler of its plastic odour.

Ronok

Anyone else receive a security token that doesn't display the 3rd number properly? I have to push down pretty hard just below the button for half of the number to show up. v.v;;

We don't get anything for using a security token in 14 right? If it's not like in 11 I just won't bother using it. >.>; I lost my old one so, it's this one or none. :p

demonkaze

Ordered from the banned site and it dispatched yesterday but is not here today, there goes me waking up early to start on my day off.

Salaadin

Zomba13 said:
Didn't actually check >.>
The red one was small, the blue one took a while.
Checked the .patch and it was about 423MB.

So this crysta thing...I guess I just add it to my account and theyll automatically take it when they need to?

Jinko

I think it will have the patch notes and up coming updates etc, amongst other things.

Just been playing around with the payment stuff in SE account looks like you can buy crysta with a paypal account which is good for those who dont' have Debit/Credit cards.

I'm not sure what Squenix thinks they are doing with their billing system. They are outsourcing credit card billing to a shady outfit called ClickandBuy who are better known for their billing services for online gambling websites. And if you want to pay by buying Squenix Crysta, you can only buy the Crysta in $5 increments even though the game costs $13 a month! Fucking Squenix, screwing us in every way they can think of! It's like buying Microsoft Points on Xbox Live, it's not possible to come out with a zero balance!

In the EU we can buy in increasements of £1 or €1.

jiggle

so it's safe to register theFFXIII code now in US section?
even if i won't have the game for another 29 hours?

edit: unlimited characters in free month?

I have actually decided to get FFXIV.
I've never been fully comfortable with monthly payments for online games. But I have been looking forward to FFXIV and I think I can make an exception. I just hope it captures my interest. If it doesn't I doubt I'll last more than 3 months. That's nearly £30 in fees, enough for me to get another game instead. So it'd better be a good experience.

Slackbladder said:
I have actually decided to get FFXIV.
I've never been fully comfortable with monthly payments for online games. But I have been looking forward to FFXIV and I think I can make an exception. I just hope it captures my interest. If it doesn't I doubt I'll last more than 3 months. That's nearly £30 in fees, enough for me to get another game instead. So it'd better be a good experience.

Though I don't have problems with monthly fees this is pretty much how I feel. I will try out DCUO when they release it and if it turns out to be more fun then I will start playing that game insted.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
Zomba13 said:
Didn't actually check >.>
The red one was small, the blue one took a while.
Checked the .patch and it was about 423MB.

Send me the torrent file please :D

JudgeN

How much crysta does the game cost a month and was there a discount for buying in bulk? I thought SE said there would be for NA.

Salaadin

Is the patcher for retail the same as the beta one?
Im wondering if the patches are posted online, if Ill be able to download them before I even get the game and then just run it tomorrow and be all set like I used to for the beta.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
Salaadin said:
Is the patcher for retail the same as the beta one?
Im wondering if the patches are posted online, if Ill be able to download them before I even get the game and then just run it tomorrow and be all set like I used to for the beta.

If i can get the torrents i will put the patchs for DD.

I'm still waiting the amazon shipped status. :(

Salaadin

Gromph said:

I love you.

Amazon didnt ship mine yet either. Still listed for tomorrow but Im impatient :(

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Anyone else having problems adding a card with that click and buy? It keeps saying the information I am using is invalid but everything is correct.

Salaadin

Emenis said:
Anyone else having problems adding a card with that click and buy? It keeps saying the information I am using is invalid but everything is correct.

I had the same issue. My banks debit/check card wouldnt work at all so I had to use a credit card. Its going to be a pain having to pay that off but that the only one I could get working. They do have that paypal option I see people discussing though.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Salaadin said:
I had the same issue. My banks debit/check card wouldnt work at all so I had to use a credit card. Its going to be a pain having to pay that off but that the only one I could get working. They do have that paypal option I see people discussing though.

Do you have to buy crysta in order to start tomorrow?

Salaadin

Emenis said:
Do you have to buy crysta in order to start tomorrow?
I didnt yet but thats probably the route Im going to take.
The only reason Im waiting is because Im not sure how it completely works. Do I just add it to my account and then they just automatically take it every month? Do I have to do anything in addition to simply buying crysta? What happened to the discount if buying several months at once?

Im going to at least wait for that Lodestone site to go live and see if they have any additional info on there.

Ronok

Emenis said:

Use Crysta for now. You don't need to fill in any details for the first month even. It will at least give you time to work out any problems you have. :p

(You don't have to purchase crysta before using this option as none is required...)

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Salaadin said:
I didnt yet but thats probably the route Im going to take.
The only reason Im waiting is because Im not sure how it completely works. Do I just add it to my account and then they just automatically take it every month? Do I have to do anything in addition to simply buying crysta? What happened to the discount if buying several months at once?

Im going to at least wait for that Lodestone site to go live and see if they have any additional info on there.

I guess I'll wait too.

All I have is debit cards and that stupid site doesn't seem to allow them. I don't want to pay even more for crysta when I already spent $75 on the damn game.

Londa

Banned
Gromph said:

Mines is also still unshipped.

edit: status has just changed to preparing to ship :lol

Salaadin

Got this from another forum:

hardwaremouse.jpg

EDIT: Amazon charged my card. Preparing shipment :D

Munba

Sorry guys but, once i registered the credit card, when i try to buy some Crysta the systems says i have to activate something in Click&Buy paying another 1.80€. It's the normal procedure?

Amazon status is Shipping Soon and says it will still get here by tomorrow!

edit: What's this about buying Crysta? Is SE trying to screw us?

ibu

fizzelopeguss said:
i think you guys are absolutely insane for buying this game in its current state, but man that's a nice collectors edition.
Well if no one is there on day one, who else is going to root out the bugs/issues and contribute towards making the game a better experience?

Someone has to take the fall, I will be joining in as well as soon as my PC is adequate enough

Londa

Banned
i think you guys are absolutely insane for buying this game in its current state, but man that's a nice collectors edition.

keywords: "i think"

This may be a shock to your senses.
But,
Just because you may not want to buy the game, doesn't stop others from wanting to buy it.

I know its unfair. But I'm sure you can deal with it.

JudgeN

So my choices for payment are Click and Buy bullshit or Ultimateplay? Is there a place where I can get ultimateplay cards?

Jinko

fizzelopeguss said:

But but but ... Retail build > Beta build.

Pay by Paypal guys its the best way that I can see and probably the safest.

Zozobra

I'm somewhat of an FFXI vet, I played from the NA launch up until around the time the WotG expansions got released. I tried out the beta and maybe I didn't give it enough time, but I wasn't really feeling it.

What about this game (besides the fact that it is FF) makes it appealing to those of you who played a lot of XI?

Amneisac

Zozobra said:
(besides the fact that it is FF)

That's like asking "What do you breathe (besides air)?"

90% of these people wouldn't be interested in this game if it weren't Final Fantasy, myself included.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom