• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

Ok so catching up on stuff that matters
PM me if you need referral
, looks like "good Protect" is no longer a thing? Quite a way to reduce the need for WHM by just taking out Proshell completely lol. Also sounds like cross class Stoneskin is just as good as WHM Stoneskin mitigation-wise with Graniteskin gone?

iammeiam

They announced everyone would get "good" protect a while back; they just moved the extra mitigation into the skill instead of relying on the trait.

The death of Graniteskin is more of a surprise, since there's no longer a good stoneskin.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I just did the Benchmark for Heavensward, with everything on maximum and on Direct X11. I got a score of 9629. Which I assume is good? At Performance it says "Extremely High".

This is about what I got, with a newly acquired 970x, 8 GB Ram, i5 processor and installed on a standard HDD. I've got another 8 GB of ram coming tomorrow, as well as a drive adapter to fit in a new SSD I got but haven't installed. Not sure how screwed up it is to try and move installation between drives, though.

Might hold off for a week or 2 to do a fresh install on it while I sleep or at work.

On my old 7850 ATI card, think the max settings got me like a 3000 score ("High").

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Ok so catching up on stuff that matters
PM me if you need referral
, looks like "good Protect" is no longer a thing? Quite a way to reduce the need for WHM by just taking out Proshell completely lol. Also sounds like cross class Stoneskin is just as good as WHM Stoneskin mitigation-wise with Graniteskin gone?

WHM get quicker stoneskin (2.5s cast instead of 3s) and Medica proc (20% chance of 50% MP cost)

Maybe WHM Stoneskin was just too OP? I mean, didn't SEEM like it to me, but still.

Shielding and AOE was nerfed across the board for many classes with no mercy or compassion. Basically fuck unique mechanics, everyone has to be as samey as possible now, and don't you dare thinking of using Feint on anything relevant silly boys. That's YoshiP's meta game.

WolvenOne

They announced everyone would get "good" protect a while back; they just moved the extra mitigation into the skill instead of relying on the trait.

The death of Graniteskin is more of a surprise, since there's no longer a good stoneskin.

Maybe WHM Stoneskin was just too OP? I mean, didn't SEEM like it to me, but still.

Teknoman

Because someone mentioned Yhoator last night:

svDzKYi.png

Ken

Paladin protect will actually not get clicked off now!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Because someone mentioned Yhoator last night:

There I am, lamenting the fact that I would never make it out of that infernal jungle.

I bet if I signed back up for XI, I'd log back in that jungle.

But I do like that I've carried on Character continuity into XIV. More or less the same, just with greyer hair and scars. It's been a long road to run.

Ken

So is DRK MT/WAR OT going to be the hot new thing.

I need to go back in time and log out at Curious Gorge instead of Jenyls.

BLCKATK

Is there a possibility that AF2 is the gear introduced with Allagan Tomestones of Estorics, and won't be patched in until 3.05?

Fehyd

Banned
Is there a possibility that AF2 is the gear introduced with Allagan Tomestones of Estorics, and won't be patched in until 3.05?

There is, and I believe it was originally stated that it was going to be rewards for class quests. That seems to have changed.

I'm a bit salty that they're apparently going to use iconic class gear as a carrot for tome grinding.

WolvenOne

Another possibility is that there'll be a smaller patch when the game launches, but I'm not sure why they would do this, unless they were trying to slow down how quickly people could progress during early access somehow.

Fehyd

Banned
Its also a bit upsetting since they've been using AF2 gear in just about every promotion and trailer they can.

Its sad that I'm more worked up over visuals for gear than I am stats. Then again, I want to stop having to glamour all my gear to AF 1.5 already.

Kenai

The data mined battle gear contained no AF2.

Why they would do this, I do not know.

They don't need to put it in because Alex isn't for a few weeks.

And why would they not want to troll dataminers by denying them tantalizing AF2 stats.

Edit: or they could put in a second patch, that would be even more trolly.

Allard

I'm expecting this. It's dumb and serves no purpose other than to give the finger to data miners but I expect it.

Or maybe the AF2 gear is going to be Esoteric gear or Alexander gear and since the content needed to get that isn't in game yet as its not supposed to go live for 2-4 weeks there was no point in putting the gear into the game till then.

Fehyd

Banned
I'm expecting this. It's dumb and serves no purpose other than to give the finger to data miners but I expect it.

It just seems like a weird thing to hold off on, especially if all the art assets are done. I'll be hoping, and we're talking about 12 hours now before things fire up (and subsequently catch fire and burn).

Either way, its sort of dulled my enthusiasm a bit since I've been looking forward to new armor for sooooo long.

Would've preferred they had just reused the assets like they did with AF1 and AF1.5. Just make AF2.5 dyable, and give us something worthwhile from our new job quests.

Tabris

So game should be re-launching somewhere between 12am to 2am PST tonight/tomorrow morning? If so I should probably go to sleep at 6pm.

You do the same Sorian and Moara :) We got lots to do ;)

Sorian

Banned
So game should be re-launching somewhere between 12am to 2am PST tonight/tomorrow morning? If so I should probably go to sleep at 6pm.

You do the same Sorian and Moara :) We got lots to do ;)

Moara won't be playing with us :(

He has a friend he's going to play with and they are still on 2.4 story.

Edit: Also, first thing I'm doing when I get in is the new BLM quest, I get the feeling you should run your PLD one first as well.

Edit: Also, first thing I'm doing when I get in is the new BLM quest, I get the feeling you should run your PLD one first as well.

I logged out near Jenlyns (Paladin quest guy) in Ul'Dah.

Better than logging out in Dragonhead. I hear if there are too many people in a zone you won't even be able to log in if you logged off in the same area.

iammeiam

Field Instance Info

With the start of Early Access and official launch of the expansion "FINAL FANTASY XIV: Heavensward", we anticipate that certain areas on certain Worlds will get congested. In order to make gameplay as smooth as possible for players, we will be implementing tentative measures for congestion relief and load reduction.

We apologize to our players for any inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

■Details
To ease area population and login restrictions due to congestion when service starts, we will be implementing multiple Field Instances of the following 3 areas.

Coerthas Central Highlands / Coerthas Western Highlands / The Sea of Clouds

A Field Instance is one of many copies of an area that you can travel to when changing areas.

These instances will be distinguished with a number at the end of the area name, such as "Coerthas Central Highlands 1", "Coerthas Central Highlands 2", "Coerthas Central Highlands 3", and so on. Each Field Instance will be the complete area, albeit separate copies.

Depending on each World's congestion, there may be Worlds that do not separate areas into Field Instances. Please check the "Worlds Currently Using Field Instances" section to see which Worlds are currently utilizing Field Instances.

■How to Choose a Field Instance
When changing areas on foot or by mount to one of the areas listed above, a window will appear that will let you select which instance you wish to travel to.

When using Teleport/Return, a Field Instance will be chosen at random. You can check which Field Instance you entered by checking your Chat Log or using the "/instance" command.

■Restrictions in Field Instances
Characters in an instanced area of the same area will be able to send Tells to one another, but will not be able to see each other.

■Entering the Same Field Instance as a Party
Unfortunately, if a party enters an area via Teleport/Return, they may not enter the same Field Instance. You will need to enter the area by foot or mount and select the same Field Instance number to ensure that you stay together.

■Worlds Currently Using Field Instances
Chocobo / Shinryu / Bahamut / Carbuncle / Balmung / Gilgamesh / Excalibur / Hyperion

Ultros still small potatoes.

Moaradin

I'll be logging in when the servers are up. He is at the end of 2.4 right now and hopefully we'll be able to get into Heavensward stuff after a few hours. I didn't expect Stanley to come back for the expansion lol

Gold_Loot

Sorry if this is common knowledge , but I have pre ordered the digital Ps4 version of heavensward. I have it preinstalled as well. Is there anything else I need to do for early access? Or am I good to go?

WolvenOne

Yeah, might have to make a few extra accounts to get the blasted Twintania mount. Having trouble finding people that aren't either lapsed players (thus ineligable,) or whom have the time for an MMO.

Flip. I was actually expecting Twin to be a cash shop mount, and was largely prepared to put the 24USD down I'd need. This is a lot more complicated in comparison. XD

Zomba13

Is there a way to check how much time a recruited friend has signed up for? I have the chocobo and the circlet and I think he signed up for a year when I recruited him and that would give me 15 feathers right? Hopefully the idiot left the account to auto renew on the yearly sub. And his card doesn't get cancelled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom