• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV Patch 3.5 trailer, due out January 17

K.Sabot

trailer got me rock hard like
EWmof.gif
p0QHO.gif

K.Sabot

trailer's great and all, but this seems like the most anemic patch yet.

hope most of the work was put into main scenario

Mastamind

So far behind. Gotta catch up on story from whatever patch the first section of alexander released. I might just make it before june... I hope.

This game has so much content... So much more awaits my young character :'(

Dun Scaith looks sweet as...

+ Omg... the scenario... cliffhanger. I need to hurry up and get to endgame content asap.

Hype.

Eager to learn and farm a new primal with my alt classes.

That story tease though. Hot damn.

Also, void ark bonding nights are back for my group which I'm excited about.

the_id

HYPE!!! I'm only at 2.2 content and glad I decided to play this over FFXV.

Love the lore and world so much.

Heartfyre

First I've heard about Beast Tribe quests. I presume it's the final tier if you've maxed all three of them, like back in ARR.

Like most, I got plenty of Bloodborne vibes from Dun Scaith, but then you see more hearts on the walls than would be mentioned in a single Kingdom Hearts cutscene, and that's a lot.

I do wish they were more clear about what is in Part I and what is in Part II. They told us that the revamped Diadem was in Part II, but looking at that trailer, you'd be forgiven for thinking it's coming in less than two weeks.

Robin64

First I've heard about Beast Tribe quests. I presume it's the final tier if you've maxed all three of them, like back in ARR.

Even the Moogles? That'd be a pain. I'm Bloodsworn with the other two, but haven't touched the Moogles due to not really being into crafting.

Even the Moogles? That'd be a pain. I'm Bloodsworn with the other two, but haven't touched the Moogles due to not really being into crafting.

That's how I was, too. I did however finally start them a month or so ago and I can at least say this: the early quests for the moogles are much, much, muuuuuch less aggravating than the Ixal crafting wise.

Heartfyre

The moogles were in the clip they showed, so I'd presume so.

The Ixal involved themselves in the final quest from ARR too, and they're the crafting tribe. Considering you need at least one crafting class at Level 50 to even start the moogles' beast tribe quests, they're definitely restricting their audience for this one.

I think this year might be the year I finally jump in on the game. Hopefully there are plenty of gaffers up to help noobs out haha, no chance anyone I know will play an mmo with me.

This trailer made me think about resubbing sooner than later. I really don't know if I can find the time, though... Was not going to resub until a month or two prior to the next expansion.

... Hmm.

Regardless of when I do ultimately resub, I am very pleased to see this game still getting what appears to be excellent support and it definitely feels like the majority of the current population is still quite enthusiastic about the game. :)

Urgh, I really have to get my shit together and dig into XIV, I've never followed a game so much that I'm not actually playing. The localization and voice work continues to sound fantastic - was it Heavensward onward when it changed? They always do great dialogue stingers over the logo at the end, too.

The creature/enemy design, hnnnnnggg.

Hopefully the new game releases slow down a bit this year after the March/April glut, I might try and get into XIV mid-year onwards.

Jusoni

It's a shame how many people pass on this game because; "It's a stupid MMO" or "It's just another WoW-clone."
Well, it's not.

Shahed

Cross server Party Finder can't come soon enough. I attempted Savage for the first time last week and managed to clear a9-11s easily enough via PUGs. However finding a group willing to even try A12 this week and last week has been wn exercise in frustration.

And queuing for DF while Chocobo is out! Best update ever :)

Urgh, I really have to get my shit together and dig into XIV, I've never followed a game so much that I'm not actually playing. The localization and voice work continues to sound fantastic - was it Heavensward onward when it changed? They always do great dialogue stingers over the logo at the end, too.

Yeah, it was with Heavensward where the voice direction changed substantially for the better.

Audioboxer

Thought this was for the FFXV patch for a second...

Same, got excited for a minute as I'm holding off playing chapter 13.

As for FF14, probably going to resub shortly, having that triple triad fever. I managed to pickup a few rare cards when I last played about a year ago. Pretty sure my character will have been kicked from the GAF guild by now :p

Razmos

but... FFXIV is not a "real" FF game!

i always laugh when i see someone say that lol
I always thought that the online games "don't count", but then the Dissidia games got me loving Shantotto, the new Dissidia and Record Keeper introduced me to Y'Shtola.

Then I started playing through the FFXIV dungeons in Record Keeper using Y'Shtola, Thancred, Yda and Papalymo and started to like the characters and music and epic boss fights and I just had to try it. I bought it quite recently and just made the job advancement to Black Mage and unlocked the Palace of the Dead and I'm in love lol

Really great game, the music is superb, the bosses are epic, the story is great and the characters are likeable.

Victrix

*beard*
Friendly reminder to anyone who hasn't played FFXIV that it's a wonderful game even if you primarily (perhaps even especially) enjoy FF games for the story, world, music, art, and exploration.

It's aces across the board, and it somehow manages to pack an absurd amount of FF-centric fan service into the game without being obnoxious about it.

I haven't played it in a good while, but I knew it had joined the ranks of great FF games when I heard the epic boss music the other day and it gave me the same warm fuzzies I get from hearing a tune from FF5, 6, or 7.

ebil

MSQ looks great as always and I'm sure Dun Scaith will be a lot of fun. My concern is that the patch looks a little barebones for how long it's supposed to last us.

Also, Sohm Al has my favourite dungeon theme in the game and I don't like Quicksand. :( I hope it doesn't play for the whole dungeon.
I'm hoping they include a PS4 Pro patch with one of these sometime soon.
The upcoming expansion sounds like a good time to implement it. It's not been announced but I wouldn't be surprised if they were working on it.

Heartfyre

Friendly reminder to anyone who hasn't played FFXIV that it's a wonderful game even if you primarily (perhaps even especially) enjoy FF games for the story, world, music, art, and exploration.

It's aces across the board, and it somehow manages to pack an absurd amount of FF-centric fan service into the game without being obnoxious about it.

I haven't played it in a good while, but I knew it had joined the ranks of great FF games when I heard the epic boss music the other day and it gave me the same warm fuzzies I get from hearing a tune from FF5, 6, or 7.

All of this, and also: once you begin to realise that the subscription pays for all of these updates and is not just an access fee, it's not only worth it, but it's good value.

~Cross~

trailer's great and all, but this seems like the most anemic patch yet.

hope most of the work was put into main scenario

Its the same exact formula they've been doing since 2.x for uneven patches, so I cant see while it would be any more anemic than the previous patches.

New dungeons, new 24 man raid, new trial, new gear for everyone, new main scenario quests, new sidequests, new beastribe quests, an enhancement to a previous system (Diadem), enhancements to PVP, new haircuts

Ive always said that FFXIVs patches are extremely predictable in the content they'll have, thats a strength not a weakness when the content is so consistently good.

Kinda regret all but ignoring the Beast Tribe stuff now. Looks like they're having a party.
In my defense they don't really steer players in the direction to do tribe quest upon completing the first story. I didn't do the tribe quests till last year and that was only for the special weapon items.

Can't wait to get back in, will probably sub around February

Lunafreya

Absolutely hyped!

I love the aesthetics of the new 24 man raid and Zurvan EX here I come!

By the way, love how they used "Quicksand" from 1.0's OST for Sohm Al (Hard).

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Looks fun. Too bad I can't get anyone at SE on the line to resolve my account issues (which is funny that they'll lock the account, but not actually stop charging you for it).

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Is the march patch gonna have PS4 Pro support?
There has been 0 information about the Pro patch, aside from Yoshida saying that they will announce it in the future.

Edit:
Like someone mentioned, probably coming with Stormblood and will be announced during the next Fanfest.

Firebrand

Do people still do Diadem? That and the company airships were among some of the biggest disappointments of this expansion for me.

Just resubbed with the 50% off paysafecard offer, going through some of the 3.3 and 3.4 content now. Better hurry up! :D

Top Bottom