• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV Endwalker |OT|

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I've soloed the math robot from like 45% HP in the 2nd FFXII\FFT raid a bunch on tank after everyone else died. Some people complain, others are impressed. I'd rather tank it solo for 10 mins than wipe on it twice in 25.

I have 399 minions and goddamn 9S won't drop, and when he does drop I roll single digits.

I've done bro-op with a co-tank on Sophia from about 45% health. With the echo buff but it still felt badass.

Kumomeme

An Update Regarding NA/EU Data Center Congestion and Next Steps​

During the Patch 5.58 Hotfix maintenance scheduled for August 24, we will be changing the operating system settings for the server configuration of the European Data Centers, and the login cap will be increased once we have confirmed stability post-maintenance. Furthermore, in late September, we are also planning to replace some of our equipment with high-performance machines to further increase the cap.
All Aether datacenter is classified as congested
As of the Patch 5.58 Hotfix maintenance, all Worlds on the Aether Data Center have been classified as Congested. Despite expanding the maximum capacity as much as possible and closely monitoring the situation, the number of logins for each World have constantly remained at full capacity, which led to us taking this course of action.
Addition of New Worlds and Other Large-scale Solutions for Each Data Center:
To address the congestion situation, our Infrastructure and Development teams are working closely to plan large-scale solutions such as expanding our data centers or adding new Worlds. As previously mentioned, however, there is an ongoing global shortage and increased demand for semiconductors, and quite frankly, we are still struggling to source the required equipment. Additionally, the recent resurgence of COVID-19 cases in Japan has raised major concerns regarding our ability to travel overseas for on-site implementations. These setbacks have made it difficult for us to cut down on the time required for implementation.

Considering the current situation, we will likely require more time in implementing our large-scale solutions. The circumstances surrounding our infrastructure are far from ideal, but I promise that we will continue to persevere in implementing any solutions we can!

Thank you for your understanding and continued support.

Naoki Yoshida

FINAL FANTASY XIV Producer & Director​

Endwalker launch is going to be a nightmare for Aether, isn't it? They also changed all Crystal servers into preferred in an attempt to redirect all new players there. Hope it works because I want Primal to be spared lol

Sub_Level

There were a lot of designs made. Like Thancred riding a white horse, Thancred using Allagan weapons, or even Thancred who sports Griever (one of the bosses in FFVIII) features in design.

Frustration Reaction GIF by Benê

Thancred junctioned to Griever woulda been sick.

Sub_Level

Any general mechanic tips I should know before doin the Ruby/Emerald/Diamond weapon fights or is it all EZ?

Planning on doin that questline after work tonight.

YukiOnna

Next PLL will have battle system updates and be alongside the Media Tour. It will include the Job Action Trailer and more Endwalker information.
t8dwxnbdywj71.jpg

Also, Yoshi-P hints that there are a lot of changes to come with the 6.x patch series. One of them being the changes to the hardest trial in the game... Cape Westwind.

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I should level my Fisher again. It's a rather relaxing thing to do. Especially with controller for catching BIG fish. That rumble.

Sub_Level

Really having fun beating all the NPCs at Triple Triad. This shit is crack to me just like in FFVIII.

I was bummed to learn that a lot of cards can only be obtained by farming raids, trials, & such tho. I mean its an MMO so rolling for loot is part of the game, but damn.

Kumomeme

Cap
Also, Yoshi-P hints that there are a lot of changes to come with the 6.x patch series. One of them being the changes to the hardest trial in the game... Cape Westwind.

haha lol Cape Westwind is like important ceremony of sprout orientation

recently i saw lot of video on youtube where streamers get trolled on that trials.

Last edited:
Next Letter from the Producer Live is on Sept 17 @ 7pm PDT

Apparently they'll be showing the Job Action trailer, and maybe go over some job changes as well? I don't really remember how it went in the equivalent PLL for ShB. I just remember being hyped from the trailer because DRK's Shadow looked awesome.

What job changes are you guys looking forward to (if any)? I'd like them to change up DRK again so that it is it's own thing again instead of being WAR-lite. I don't want it as overly busy as Stormblood DRK, but ShB DRK is too simple. Somewhere in between SB/ShB DRKs would be great.

Also, I feel like I need to add a warning here just in case they decide to show the Launch Trailer as well (which will likely be shown in the PLL just prior to EW launch): Do NOT watch the Launch Trailer if you want to remain spoiler-free. The Launch trailers are notoriously spoilery, so you've been warned!

Edit: Oops, didn't see someone already posted the date

Last edited:

YukiOnna

Next Letter from the Producer Live is on Sept 17 @ 7pm PDT

Apparently they'll be showing the Job Action trailer, and maybe go over some job changes as well? I don't really remember how it went in the equivalent PLL for ShB. I just remember being hyped from the trailer because DRK's Shadow looked awesome.

What job changes are you guys looking forward to (if any)? I'd like them to change up DRK again so that it is it's own thing again instead of being WAR-lite. I don't want it as overly busy as Stormblood DRK, but ShB DRK is too simple. Somewhere in between SB/ShB DRKs would be great.

Also, I feel like I need to add a warning here just in case they decide to show the Launch Trailer as well (which will likely be shown in the PLL just prior to EW launch): Do NOT watch the Launch Trailer if you want to remain spoiler-free. The Launch trailers are notoriously spoilery, so you've been warned!

Edit: Oops, didn't see someone already posted the date
Yep. It's the beginning of the Endwalker Media Tour so Job stuff will be coming.

EDIT: I think SAM is in a decent place right now, but wouldn't mind some slight simplification of it.

Last edited:
Yep. It's the beginning of the Endwalker Media Tour so Job stuff will be coming.

EDIT: I think SAM is in a decent place right now, but wouldn't mind some slight simplification of it.
I love how busy SAM is tbh. Feels awesome in raids... but it has the biggest skill gap in the game between newbie SAMs and veterans, so simplifying is probably inevitable. I'm pretty sure my controller hotbars are completely full as SAM as well, so yeah there's a 100% chance of simplification of some sort (or maybe merging some skill buttons).

BLM also has a very high skill gap, but Yoshi-P plays BLM so they probably won't mess with it too much lmao

YukiOnna

I love how busy SAM is tbh. Feels awesome in raids... but it has the biggest skill gap in the game between newbie SAMs and veterans, so simplifying is probably inevitable. I'm pretty sure my controller hotbars are completely full as SAM as well, so yeah there's a 100% chance of simplification of some sort (or maybe merging some skill buttons).

BLM also has a very high skill gap, but Yoshi-P plays BLM so they probably won't mess with it too much lmao
Yeah, it's a lot of fun to play once you learn it, but it's also that one class you can instantly tell if someone knows what they're doing or not lmao. I just think if they throw in a couple of more into it without doing much it's going to upset its balance. Not anything on the level of DRK though.

NecrosaroIII

Ask me about my terrible takes on Star Trek characters
My sister bought this for me back in 2016ish. I couldn't get into it back then. But I also wasn't really motivated to be.

Gave it another a try over the weekend. Went from 1 to 20 on archer. Was a lot of fun. I'm starting to get heavy FF12 vibes, which is one of my favorite games in the series.

Was thinking of going either Machinest or Gunbreaker eventually.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Looking forward to Endwalker this November... I just wish it wasn't coming out like RIGHT before Thanksgiving but oh well

My sister bought this for me back in 2016ish. I couldn't get into it back then. But I also wasn't really motivated to be.

Gave it another a try over the weekend. Went from 1 to 20 on archer. Was a lot of fun. I'm starting to get heavy FF12 vibes, which is one of my favorite games in the series.

yeah, they had streamlined the process of the ARR MSQ and cut out a lot of fetch quest and junk. the xp you get from just doing MSQ is also more than enough to get your level up so it makes the whole ARR side of things more easy to get through. especially with all the new players getting into the game now, it's also easier to get into party for those things.

This shit has triple triad? Fuuuuuck

so you like Triple Triad huh? you might want to know that if you collected all the Triple Triad cards, you can get a free mount to flex with too.

Sub_Level

This shit has triple triad? Fuuuuuck

Yeah and its good too. NPCs in different regions have rare cards if you beat them, and different rules. Unlike FF8 NPC's cannot take a card away from you either. You just try again with a better deck or strategy.

The only problem (and its kind of a big one), you can't get all cards by beating NPCs. A good chunk of cards can only be gotten by grinding various raids & bosses. Triple Triad cards are often part of the loot that gets randomly rewarded to players. So someone who might not even play the game will get the card if they roll for it, while you will be stuck having to do a 25 minute raid again or whatever just to try again.

Looking forward to Endwalker this November... I just wish it wasn't coming out like RIGHT before Thanksgiving but oh well

I believe if you preorder you can get Endwalker on the Friday before. Plenty of time to play the ~35ish? hour story I imagine. Assuming the servers stay up I'm gonna be binging hardcore.

Entire chunks of (optional) content in Stormblood & Shadowbringers are dedicated to XII/Tactics. Its awesome.

maxresdefault.jpg

Hearing the Esper battle theme while you pull a boss as a Gunbreaker in front of 47, yes 47, other players is KINO.

j0hnnix

Gold Member
I'm getting back into this again, haven't leveled yet but probably get to 60 soon. Is there a NeoGAF free company?

Hope you guys saved up your MGP for the Regalia!
If not, do your Gold Saucer Challlenge Log each week and you should be have enough by the time the event ends.

I'm getting back into this again, haven't leveled yet but probably get to 60 soon. Is there a NeoGAF free company?
There is no official GAF company anymore, unfortunately. The previous FC had a terrible reputation thanks to its former members, and if we started up a new one there's a possibility that reputation might rear it's ugly head again.

That said, I believe I saw someone offering spots in their FC a few pages ago...

Sub_Level

Part 2 is up!

Hopefully akhmorning will translate the recent Famitsu Interview regarding the FFXIV story.

Nice. Did Eternity a few times last night; it really is a joy seeing Draw & Junction mechanics used. The cast/stock effect animation straight up even looks like FFVIII. The fight is very easy but gets tricky when she not only overlaps 2 but saves them for later.

Haven't done Savage yet, but its cool that Ultimecia's moves are used.

Sub_Level

Made a lil thread for the live letter btw

I'm planning on getting a pizza hut detroit style tonight.

Fuz

Banned
Two questions:

- Until when will the regalia be available?
- Was there a freee "back to game" campaign or do I misremember?

Two questions:

- Until when will the regalia be available?
- Was there a freee "back to game" campaign or do I misremember?

1st answer: the FFXV event with the Regalia will be around until Oct 18.

2nd answer: there was, but seems not be active at the moment.

Reactions: Fuz

Fuz

Banned
1st answer: the FFXV event with the Regalia will be around until Oct 18.

Thanks!

So it's not active at the moment. I can wait.

That's actually a separate Callback campaign. The most recent Free Login campaign ended less than a month ago:

Probably won't be another one before Endwalker, unfortunately. So if you want that Regalia, you might want to resub ASAP (depending on how much MGP you have because it costs 200k MGP) or forever hold your peace. The next time it comes back, it'll probably be $40 on the Mog Station.

Last edited:
Thanks!

So it's not active at the moment. I can wait.

That's actually a separate Callback campaign. The most recent Free Login campaign ended less than a month ago:

Probably won't be another one before Endwalker, unfortunately. So if you want that Regalia, you might want to resub ASAP (depending on how much MGP you have because it costs 200k MGP) or forever hold your peace. The next time it comes back, it'll probably be $40 on the Mog Station.

ah, yeah. I was thinking I saw another one too but didn't really find the page on it. but yeah, in any case, if you want the Regalia, definitely at least get on this month for it Fuz Fuz .

Reactions: Fuz

NecrosaroIII

Ask me about my terrible takes on Star Trek characters
Keep it up! It gets better and better.
Thanks! I started about 2 weeks ago so I figure I've made pretty good progress. Playing as a bard. I'm planning on moving up to machinist later. I also am considering messing around with Gunbuster but I'm kind of nervous about playing as a tank. Seems like a lot of pressure

YukiOnna

Thanks! I started about 2 weeks ago so I figure I've made pretty good progress. Playing as a bard. I'm planning on moving up to machinist later. I also am considering messing around with Gunbuster but I'm kind of nervous about playing as a tank. Seems like a lot of pressure
I feel you on the Tankxiety thing, lol. I have it even now so I never did Trials/Raids as one. But give it a shot, you'd be surprised at how fun it can be and the classes are a nice change of pace from DPS. People are generally patient as long as you don't go full dumdum.

found this little personality test to see which Scion are you. there's 30 questions total and some spoilers in there too, so only take it if you had finished Shadowbringers.

I got Alphinaud, oddly enough. not really who I think my result would be. was kinda thinking maybe Thancred or Y'shtola would be more me.

YukiOnna

found this little personality test to see which Scion are you. there's 30 questions total and some spoilers in there too, so only take it if you had finished Shadowbringers.

I got Alphinaud, oddly enough. not really who I think my result would be. was kinda thinking maybe Thancred or Y'shtola would be more me.

I got Estnien, which is fitting since he keeps people at a certain distance.

Sub_Level

Got my Shadowbringers relic weapon, lads! Whole process took me like 7 weeks with a fulltime job.

Bit lost on what to do now though. Slowly collecting Tirple Triad cards. I started doing Coils for the story but realized I can't solo this Nael boss, so I may have to use Party Finder for her. Also I never did the Hildibrand or Four Lords quests, so I'll get around to those.

YukiOnna

Got my Shadowbringers relic weapon, lads! Whole process took me like 7 weeks with a fulltime job.

Bit lost on what to do now though. Slowly collecting Tirple Triad cards. I started doing Coils for the story but realized I can't solo this Nael boss, so I may have to use Party Finder for her. Also I never did the Hildibrand or Four Lords quests, so I'll get around to those.
Grats! And you just need 1 other person for Coil. I did it with a friend, it was nice. Four Lords has some great boss battles and dungeons The EX are fun.

Top Bottom