• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV Shadowbringers: The First |OT|

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Jul 2, 2013
Oregon
I've been having a blast with the Blue Mage. I love collecting the monster moves, and I especially love that regular enemies give me tons of EXP (like dungeon enemies do on other jobs). I've got a pretty solid combo set up now with 1,000 needles, mind blast, then water cannon - which can usually kill non-agro enemies about 7-8 levels higher than me in about 3-4 moves.

I wish I could play as a blue mage in my regular dungeon roulette, but I understand they don't want people coming in with a super goofy / broken skill loadout - or no skills at all.

• Praise the Sun
Reactions: Revolutionary

Revolutionary

Sep 13, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
I've been having a blast with the Blue Mage. I love collecting the monster moves, and I especially love that regular enemies give me tons of EXP (like dungeon enemies do on other jobs). I've got a pretty solid combo set up now with 1,000 needles, mind blast, then water cannon - which can usually kill non-agro enemies about 7-8 levels higher than me in about 3-4 moves.

I wish I could play as a blue mage in my regular dungeon roulette, but I understand they don't want people coming in with a super goofy / broken skill loadout - or no skills at all.
Blue Mage is indeed awesome, and I'm glad you understand why it wouldn't fit into the standard trinity mold of the game. Unfortunately, a lot of players still can't seem to wrap their heads around that fact, or are still caught up on the single instance that SE said it would be a solo job (which was specifically in regard to the Masked Carnivale). But I digress - it's great fun to level and play. Enjoy it!

Also, the next month should provide some good fun with full-BLU Heavensward raids for the Moogle Tomestone event.

Reactions: Valonquar

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Mar 5, 2009
New raid fights are fun. I found the story a little boring.
I also liked the Ruby Weapon fight.

Between the gathering dailies and the fishing boat thing level is really quick. I've taken my fisher from 71 to 77 in 2 days without much effort.