• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV Endwalker |OT|

How many houses are you buying? :p
Buying a plot of land is just the initial purchase. Furnishings cost money too, unless you've got crafters leveled up and the patience to source materials and craft them yourself. Having said that, I expect furnishing prices to skyrocket considering the sheer amount of new homeowners.
For that reason, I've been holding onto a bunch of high-ticket furnishings to sell. Payday is soon!
laughing-like-a-king-homer-simpson.gif

Valonquar

7 mins til housing savage raid. Good luck.

Edit - In queue 13 mins Just trying to log in. Yeah...them larges and mediums gone even hitting play the second it turned green from refreshing. Not sure why I bother getting up early for this BS.

Last edited:

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Quickest way to get the relic is HW fates, lol.

After 3 hours in the new area I have 8/60 items needed. Meanwhile 1 HW gold fate gives 1 item each time.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Almost rank 10 in the new area. Did HW fates to finish off the item collection for the relic since that is super quick. I just have to do 6 level 60 dungeons now to finish my relic.

Going from rank 1 to almost rank 10 got my redmage from level 73 to level 77.

I goofed and didn't realize I had to pick up a separate quest for the Resistance weapon until I was Rank 9 lol

But I was productive in other ways!
aq2uowz.png

Bozja Southern Front complete!
Tz5cj7C.png

That was fun. Not as difficult (or punishing) as Baldesion Arsenal, but supposedly we're getting the true BA analogue in the next Bozjan chapter.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
My group couldn’t beat the last boss. We had less then 30 people though. The first two bosses weren’t bad.

My group couldn’t beat the last boss. We had less then 30 people though. The first two bosses weren’t bad.
Yeah that happened to me yesterday. Lost a whole lot of mettle because the top group kept wiping to Lyon lol. But getting mettle back is easy tbh

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Yeah that happened to me yesterday. Lost a whole lot of mettle because the top group kept wiping to Lyon lol. But getting mettle back is easy tbh

Yep lost a ton but it was easy to get back. I'll try again this weekend. It should get easier as more people hit rank 10.

Oh wow are they for real on the 999 coins & 500 coins for the upgrades to add haste lmao
Gotta have something to grind for since relics are incredibly simple this time around lol
I'm gonna hold onto my coins though, in hopes that they nerf the requirements over time like they did for some aspects of Eureka

Last edited:

Valonquar

After doing a few runs, it looks like there's a low chance that the chests can drop the upgrade item directly, so prob get some upgrades that way. It's a fun run, just a really dumb way to queue in.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I managed to complete a run this weekend after a few runs that failed. It seems to be the only real hard part that messes up a group is if the platform group on the last boss is good enough.

With all my runs I had 56 coins so I picked up three items. I can't imagine grinding out 500 coins for each upgrade.

Valonquar

It would take 42 runs where all prisoners live to upgrade chest or pants. 21 runs for head, glove, boot. So 147 runs for full outfit. The only benefit for the upgrades is haste inside Boz. WTF is wrong with devs.

The Body augmentation dropped for me today on my 4th (or was it 5th?) clear, so I would assume that it wouldn't take the entire 147 runs to augment a full suit. Think of the coins as a pity system, like the Savage totems.

Oh and they're tradeable, so you can just pick them up from the MB as well

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
Just finished the 5.3 content.

The Shadowbrings story finally comes to an end. Such a great expansion. I'm interested in 6.0 now... is Zeno gonna be the bad guy yet again? Also, is 6.0 the last expansion? I'm looking forward to whatever's next!

Last edited:
I've been off the game for a pretty long time (since 5.1 I think). recently came back mostly because I realize I can play this while WFH to cut down on being bored while working. been doing a lot of gathering and crafting while working and doing fights after work. caught up to the MSQ and all I can say is they really out done themselves. working on Ishgardian Restoration right now and after a some research I'm finally understanding how it works. problem now is since I'm a hoarder I'm really low on space. need to take some time and clear out space so I can go gather stuff and craft. been having a great time so far, even if the FC I'm in is pretty much empty. so much stuff to do, and at least there's plenty of time to do them.

Kumomeme

Just finished the 5.3 content.

The Shadowbrings story finally comes to an end. Such a great expansion. I'm interested in 6.0 now... is Zeno gonna be the bad guy yet again? Also, is 6.0 the last expansion? I'm looking forward to whatever's next!
should be 2 more expansion. so 7.0 might be last expansion that cover the hydealan vs zodiark story.

Nehezir

Banned
hoping expansion but a new ps5 version could mean ditching the ps4 version in like 2-3 years and I'm kinda on board with the general increase in the quality of assets that might bring.

Finally started up an alt because I have literally nothing else to do on my main aside from capping tomes weekly. Ran into an ACTUAL bot tank in Copperbell Mines, which was interesting. It was actually quite capable, which left me quite amazed at how far botting has come these days.

hoping expansion but a new ps5 version could mean ditching the ps4 version in like 2-3 years and I'm kinda on board with the general increase in the quality of assets that might bring.
I don't think they'll go so far as an increase in asset quality. We'll still have those nasty ass pixelated textures and such. If anything, they might implement RTX reflections because the current reflections look good but run at 5fps or something. But then again RTX will cause a general FPS hit so maybe not.

Last edited:

Nehezir

Banned
I'd be up for that. at least it's something.
Also, they'll probably just make the newest textures better now that I Think about it. so the 6.0 zones will ratchet up the fidelity.

Thabass

qbf9l491is161.jpg

new XIV announcement early February 20201.

New expansion 6.0?
PS5 version?
What else could it be?

Definitely going to be the expansion. Also hoping for some PS5 enhancements if the team could pull it off. Maybe some new updated textures? Probably too much for the team since they're working on XVI too.

Kumomeme

Definitely going to be the expansion. Also hoping for some PS5 enhancements if the team could pull it off. Maybe some new updated textures? Probably too much for the team since they're working on XVI too.
really hope for this too. im fine if they update the texture patch by patch, if they cant do it all at once. or they can outsource the task but atleast, they can improve the game engine. reshade did improve the looks a bit. if they can add more post processing effect, physic, more higher quality effect etc or atleast improve the foliage then it would be great. the game kind of lack of tessellation too. they did hire lightning programmer for xvi before, assuming it same engine or iteration of it.

Last edited:

Ol'Scratch

I am currently in that burnt out state of mind, the only times I log on are to hang with friends or if someone in the fc needs help but it is always a cycle. Sooner or later I will get the itch and be all in again.
The downside is that it is REALLY hard to go back to other mmos after FFXIV, in my opinion it is just that good and that well constructed. I do have to remember to log in again soon since they turned on housing demo again.

that really doesn't make it less... unsettling... and I just finished the fight today too. still, pretty interesting fight and can't wait to grind it for the gears.

also, a questions regarding the latest in MSQ,
is the Zenos right now actually Zenos inside or is it one of the Ascian in there? if it IS he himself, I honestly don't remember when he got his body back.

that really doesn't make it less... unsettling... and I just finished the fight today too. still, pretty interesting fight and can't wait to grind it for the gears.

also, a questions regarding the latest in MSQ,
is the Zenos right now actually Zenos inside or is it one of the Ascian in there? if it IS he himself, I honestly don't remember when he got his body back.
It's Zenos. IIRC he got his body back towards the end of Shadowbringers, and then kills Varis right after.

I honestly don't remember how Zenos got his body back even thou I remember Varis getting killed. guess I need to watch that cut scene again.
I don't think they actually show it happen. IIRC (again), he makes it to the throne room at some point early in ShB and the scene ends on a cliffhanger. And when we return to it later, he's suddenly in his body again, mentioning that Elidibus left because... reasons. Maybe because he sensed Emet Selch died? I don't remember exactly.

Nehezir

Banned
I don't think they actually show it happen. IIRC (again), he makes it to the throne room at some point early in ShB and the scene ends on a cliffhanger. And when we return to it later, he's suddenly in his body again, mentioning that Elidibus left because... reasons. Maybe because he sensed Emet Selch died? I don't remember exactly.
Zenos awoke in the body of an Ala Mhigan Resistance Fighter(in one of the early stormblood patches, we just didn't really know who/what we were seeing) after death involuntarily/instinctively and under the same principle as the Sahagin High Priest from ARR using his TechnoEcho/Resonant abilities.

Then he stole his way to the capital, infiltrated/murdered his way to the throne room and fought Elidibus(in the resurrected Zenos body) using either the resistance fighter or a random garlean soldier's body(he had their armor) and won because he's that stronk. Elidubus fled and Zenos hopped back into his restored body. I believe this is around when Zenos kills Varis then encounters Estinien and Gaius but Elidibus might've stuck a sword in the emperor instead. Memory fuzzy. Then Elidibus on the moon reacts to sensing Emet-Selch's passing and decides to turn his attentions back to The First.

That's more or less my understanding of it. it's a lot of crazy high-fantasy bullshit but honestly it's only half as stupid as the shit that went on in XIII.

Last edited:

Zenos awoke in the body of an Ala Mhigan Resistance Fighter(in one of the early stormblood patches, we just didn't really know who/what we were seeing) after death involuntarily/instinctively and under the same principle as the Sahagin High Priest from ARR using his TechnoEcho/Resonant abilities.

Then he stole his way to the capital, infiltrated/murdered his way to the throne room and fought Elidibus(in the resurrected Zenos body) using either the resistance fighter or a random garlean soldier's body(he had their armor) and won because he's that stronk. Elidubus fled and Zenos hopped back into his restored body. I believe this is around when Zenos kills Varis then encounters Estinien and Gaius but Elidibus might've stuck a sword in the emperor instead. Memory fuzzy. Then Elidibus on the moon reacts to sensing Emet-Selch's passing and decides to turn his attentions back to The First.

That's more or less my understanding of it. it's a lot of crazy high-fantasy bullshit but honestly it's only half as stupid as the shit that went on in XIII.

thanks for clearing it up

Top Bottom