• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV Endwalker |OT|

So I recently learned that Ultimecia was named Artemisa in some other languages, which is (obviously) derived from Artemis. Artemis of Ephesus is the basis of the design for Eden's Promise (as pointed out in the below quote), so in a way we DID get Ultimecia... just not the one people were expecting lol
jEvui2y.jpg
rome_ephesian_artemis_naples2.jpg
2Vp1KJV.jpeg

So those aren't boobs... they are probably bull testicles
It's up to interpretation.
In XIV's case, they're colored the same as her skin so... they're probably boobs.

Last edited:

Kumomeme

so anyone already buy the school uniform?

that and the snowman mount creating hillarious chaos everywhere yesterday.

there even snowman parade at mhordonna on tonberry.

Last edited:
The only school outfit I'm interested in is the Type 0 outfits. Considering the fact that they've been slowly adding in Type 0 stuff like enemies, minions, and a mount, I'm hoping that the outfit is in the cards as well.

There was a short interview yesterday with Yoshi P for the Japanese website 4Gamer, where he states
I would like to taking even further leaps with Final Fantasy XIV in 2021. New stories, new worlds to travel to, just what type of tale awaits you? I hope you can look forward to it! Also, for Final Fantasy XVI, we plan to start announcing more information, so please pay attention to both FFXIV and FFXVI in 2021!
"New worlds to travel to"? I hope that's metaphorical, because I'd be disappointed to see them pull the same trick two times in a row lol

On second thought, the New World fits the bill for that description as well, which is basically Eorzea's North America equivalent where Blue Magic hails from.

Last edited:

j0hnnix

Gold Member
I just got back into this and man it plays so good on PS5 , is there a free company anyone has that I can be invited too? Sonja Muscadet , Dragoon, on Famfrit.

I’ve just started an account, rolled a Marauder and look forward to diving into the world. I chose a server with the xp boost so hopefully it’s still lively, the servers I googled were all full!

Valonquar

All servers are "full" usually, but you can make a character on pretty much any server. It's just time of day / current amount of logged in users dependent. Try making a character at like 6am and you can get in most servers.

Last edited:

Valonquar

After once again capping triple triad cards... it took just under 100 runs of E12 normal before figuring out the drop was bugged, and then another 45ish runs after the 4.51 patch fixed the drop...
Q2bD7af.jpg

I went Garuda because Zelda lol

It’s pretty clunky playing with a controller but I’m slowly getting the hang of it. And I. Beginning to realise this will be a big time sink for me! Also considering buy the boost thingy to level 70 ninjas but I don’t want to miss out on story so I probably won’t.

I went Garuda because Zelda lol

It’s pretty clunky playing with a controller but I’m slowly getting the hang of it. And I. Beginning to realise this will be a big time sink for me! Also considering buy the boost thingy to level 70 ninjas but I don’t want to miss out on story so I probably won’t.
You said in your previous post that you're on a Preferred server, so don't buy a level skip. That xp boost is actually VERY potent. I started an alternate character recently on a Preferred server as well, and I've been able to level up 4 separate classes just by following the MSQ... which is absolutely insane considering how slow the leveling normally is lol. Normally you'd have to do sidequests in tandem with the MSQ, or even spam FATEs and/or dungeons for XP.

That said, they recently implemented New Game+ for Job Quests so you can just go back and play the story IF you paid to skip it. But again, I highly advise against it. Not only because of the xp boost, but the way the skills are fed to you every few levels allows you to learn the job better, in my opinion, rather than having 23 skills on your hotbar that you have no real grasp of when and what to use. This is especially true of Ninja, because there are Ninjutsu combinations you have to learn as well.
After once again capping triple triad cards... it took just under 100 runs of E12 normal before figuring out the drop was bugged, and then another 45ish runs after the 4.51 patch fixed the drop...
Q2bD7af.jpg
Grats dude! I considered my deck complete once I completed the FF protagonist cards lol. Had to spend like 3million MGP to get the Bartz card smh

Last edited:

Raven117

Gold Member
So, I finished the main campaign of Shadowbringers late last year and have not been keeping up with the patches. Have they made it easier to level up to keep up with the MSQ through the patches? They usually make it easier when it gets closer to the big expansions.

Kumomeme

So, I finished the main campaign of Shadowbringers late last year and have not been keeping up with the patches. Have they made it easier to level up to keep up with the MSQ through the patches? They usually make it easier when it gets closer to the big expansions.
not sure what you mean but there more dungeon been added and other content like Bozja who will be helpfull level up lv71 above class. the wondrous tale reward also been added exp as mandatory.

Raven117

Gold Member
not sure what you mean but there more dungeon been added and other content like Bozja who will be helpfull level up lv71 above class. the wondrous tale reward also been added exp as mandatory.
Usually they make it easier to level up to the cap right before the next big expansion. Have they done that? Thanks for your. Reply

Thabass

They don't do this. It's easier because of your main job at max and you get bonus XP + any other EXP buff you get in the game.

Edit: Oops, wrong thread.

On the subject of leveling up alt jobs, I find Squadrons to be the easiest/laziest way to do so up until 60, especially as a DPS. Just sit back and let the AI do the work while paying the minimal amount of attention. Also do your Beast Tribes for a decent amount of XP each day.

Last edited:

Kumomeme

Edit: Oops, wrong thread.

On the subject of leveling up alt jobs, I find Squadrons to be the easiest/laziest way to do so up until 60, especially as a DPS. Just sit back and let the AI do the work while paying the minimal amount of attention. Also do your Beast Tribes for a decent amount of XP each day.
this. also clan hunt everyday also reward exp and keep an eye for challenge logs. for example lv 60+ fate log give over 1m exp for 5 fate completion and another one for 10.

I'm in the midst of the post-50 doldrums with these neverending basic quests.
If you're into the story, it's really not that bad. Lots of character development and setting the scene for the next expansion.

But if you just want to get to the next expansion then yeah it might feel like a drag. I recently replayed it with an alternate character and now that I know what happens in the story, there's so many things to pick up on that I didn't notice the first time.

IMO the worst part of the game is the 30s, where you're literally given the run around by quest NPCs. Very annoying and mostly pointless.

Oh and on the subject of ARR, I actually don't like most of the decisions they made with cutting ARR quests. They cut quite a few good quests with character development for the Scions, like the one where they get impersonated in the Sylphlands, or Tataru taking up different trades in Mor Dhona. There is one particular quest that was cut that was mostly pointless, however. The only purpose of that one quest was to tell you that chocobos stink lmao. HOWEVER, the quest was memorable enough for me to notice it was missing so... it had some significance, I suppose.

Fuz

Banned
Don't deny that you had fun protecting our darling little popoto receptionist/arcanist/miner/negotiator
w4lec18zxai41.png
I hated every single moment of babysitting that little shit.
Just get me on with the real story, goddammit.

Although, I concede that it's well written character deelopment.

Last edited:

Valonquar

Finished up all battle class relics just in time for next stage on Tuesday. Only 1 crafter relic done, plus miner & botanist. Started on fishing and 2nd step is slooooooooooooooooow.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
New relic steps seem really boring. I’m going to skip it. Why do they think we want to grind Crystal Tower?

Malakhov

Banned
Just finished arr. Went pretty quick with flying from which I understand you can't in heavensward without the aether currents? Is there a mount you can buy to be able to fully fly if that's the case?

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Just finished arr. Went pretty quick with flying from which I understand you can't in heavensward without the aether currents? Is there a mount you can buy to be able to fully fly if that's the case?
The aether currents are designed so you complete the zone on the ground first then get flying. They are there so people explore the zones fully first rather then zipping through them. You need them to unlock flying in any expansion zone.

Malakhov

Banned
The aether currents are designed so you complete the zone on the ground first then get flying. They are there so people explore the zones fully first rather then zipping through them. You need them to unlock flying in any expansion zone.
Urgh horrible, then I won't bother with them. I do the main quests and what is needed only.

Thanks though

Urgh horrible, then I won't bother with them. I do the main quests and what is needed only.

Thanks though
You are given an item to use that points you towards the nearest current. While doing the MSQ in a new zone, use the item occasionally and follow the directions. It's so fucking easy, I don't understand why people make it a bigger deal than it is.

Malakhov

Banned
You are given an item to use that points you towards the nearest current. While doing the MSQ in a new zone, use the item occasionally and follow the directions. It's so fucking easy, I don't understand why people make it a bigger deal than it is.

You will run by them all while questing. Might as well just grab them as you work through the zone.
I will get them if it's on the path during the msq but won't go out of my way to complete them, yeah

Malakhov

Banned
Forgot how good heavensward is, I played up to stormblood start a while ago. Can't wait to get to shadowbringers and see what the hype is all about

ENDWALKER!!

I recently made the change from maining Dark Knight to Paladin, so the trailer really hit home for me.

Can't wait to see more!

Last edited:

Kumomeme

from Dark Knight to Paladin
Sage
Moon
Dragoon (yoshida even made a joke and assure that Estinien wont betray anyone lmao)

FFIV references is strong on this one. also wonder if moon is the Ascian original home location.

also Fandaniel possesed Asahi body. in Stormblood he turned Yotsuyu into Tsukuyomi.

that music is so sick. Jason C Miller again?

Last edited:

Valonquar

Took a whole 5 hours to level BLU to 70, get all spells and beat Gogo. Fun stuff. 70 Blu makes farming fates for relic junk easier too.

Cutty Flam

Banned
Can this game be experienced later on by fans, say 5+ years from now, or will the online community be too depleted by that time?

Does FF XIV have portions that must be completed online? I’ve heard great things about this game, but I’m a little concerned about not being able to fully experience FF XIV tbh

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Can this game be experienced later on by fans, say 5+ years from now, or will the online community be too depleted by that time?

Does FF XIV have portions that must be completed online? I’ve heard great things about this game, but I’m a little concerned about not being able to fully experience FF XIV tbh
Yes the game always has you online in the world with other players. There is a level sync system and a daily reward system for doing older content. So if you are a new player needing to do a level 20 dungeon to progress the story some higher level people will be queuing for their random dailies. It will take those high level people and sync them down to your level. They get bonus rewards for completing the content. That is how they make it easy for new players to find other people to get through story dungeons.

They’ve also added a “trust” system for a lot of dungeons which allows you to play with NPCs.

Online games like Everquest are still alive and kicking. FF14 should still be fine for new players five years from now unless something drastic happens.

Last edited:
trailer music remake of the FFXIV : Endwalker by Sleeping Penguin

funky version by Alex Moukala

Ah, so these are the channels that XIV streamers get their generic-ass DMCA-safe remixes from :messenger_tongue:

Seriously though, I've yet to hear a remix of a Soken song that is superior to the original. Even the officially sanctioned and in-house remix album (Pulse) sounds like crap to me lol
Soken is a legend and I can't wait for more to hear his work in Endwalker and XVI!

Last edited:

Malakhov

Banned
Ah, so these are the channels that XIV streamers get their generic-ass DMCA-safe remixes from :messenger_tongue:

Seriously though, I've yet to hear a remix of a Soken song that is superior to the original. Even the officially sanctioned and in-house remix album (Pulse) sounds like crap to me lol
Soken is a legend and I can't wait for more to hear his work in Endwalker and XVI!
Ffxiv has awesome music. The only MMO I catch myself humming to the tunes and not turning the music down, epic stuff

Last edited:
Top Bottom