• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

Stuart444

Can't wait for healing with cleric stance is just poor time management instead of me just being dumb.

For all the shit WHM will get, being able to Assize and get big dmg and heals will make WHM quite happy I'm sure.

So glad Cleric stance (well the original function) is going away.

iammeiam

On the bright side, there are worse things than closing out HW with a fairly solid EXDR that abused all the cool things WAR is losing soon, followed by nostalgic A3 Normal because there was no way I was getting A3S to pop.

I will forever be salty about the location for the Creator entrance portal though. w h y

Edit: Now that I read the source in Japanese he could possibly mean that there's just a lot of actions with varying recast timers so it's hard to tell how to line them up (it's not but people playing this game don't often have lights upstairs).
The wording use is that recast timers were "all over the place" (バラバラ). Eh. Still doesn't
sound right.

I can kind of get it if it's just the too many buttons problem, but at that point the loss of cross-class was going to strip a bunch of them out for us anyway so... I'm mostly struggling with Overheat being simpler than basically anything, since the rough math I've seen so far makes it look much more micromanaging-intensive, and a lot of common sense things might not end up applying (like, Reload being used after Overheat instead of during Overheat/WF for max potency-per-bullet gains, etc.)

There's "developers don't know their own games as well as they think they do" and then there's Naoki Yoshida.

Hot Shot, Lead Shot, and every damage cooldown are on a multiple of 30 seconds. With one exception: Blood for Blood which is an 80 second cooldown so you just hold it for 10 seconds. The cooldowns line up perfectly.

B4B was always kind of weird, but that's something MCH inherited from ARR BRD so I dunno. It's just weird to read them patching out what reads like the boogeyman reputation of MCH instead of what the job actually was.

I'm also super amused that they appear to have nerfed disembowel, but then turned around and doubled down on MCH suffering more at the loss of it than bard. Without Lead Shot, there's not really a passive amount of MCH damage that won't be impacted by the loss of piercing.

Reknoc

For all the shit WHM will get, being able to Assize and get big dmg and heals will make WHM quite happy I'm sure.

So glad Cleric stance (well the original function) is going away.

Since I have to wait at least another 2 years for Dancer I'll take better and more assizes which is probably my favourite spell animation.

Stuart444

Just so you know, if you were on Ultros you wouldn't have any of these problems. :)

Well can't help with the gear issue but the dungeon issue is easily sorted. Since PF is cross-dta center and Bryn is on primal, he could set up a PF people on Ultros could join so we could help him out.

But gear is another issue so... RIP

expel

Probably gonna switch my main monk to samurai this time. Need to get samurai to 60 first before continuing the main story in stormblood

Waterdrop

Well can't help with the gear issue but the dungeon issue is easily sorted. Since PF is cross-dta center and Bryn is on primal, he could set up a PF people on Ultros could join so we could help him out.

But gear is another issue so... RIP

Gear is not a prob, I can buy 250 ilvl pieces, I need 2 of them (about 2mil) I have 500k.

I can always pay a person back, worst case ill buy from gold site reluctantly

Sorian

Banned
Were they doing the auto log out thing again for new expac? Am I going to need to dig out some shit crafter weapon to stay logged in while I idle?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Im in the mood to make a long winded hype post, but yoshi p says to calm down.

But I'm mostly just loopy since Im tying to fuck my sleep schedule up so I can align with the launch. This will probably bite me in the ass because servers are gonna probably take a shit

Now the Paladin is saving another Miqo'te girl:

countdown11_wNdUKA2Jmu.png

Watch those hands pal.

Luigi87

Alright, decided to look it up and I have 108 MSQ to get through to complete 3.0 and 3.X (albeit I'm enjoying the story)
If I could perhaps knock out 9-10 a day, that's roughly 11-12 days. Of course the variance lies in how long some are.

duckroll

In all seriousness, I haven't really noticed really bad situations. The ping is about 180-200, which isn't great at all, but most of the time when I fuck up, it's on me rather than the lag. There are maybe a few situations where I should have evaded the AOE if not for the lag, but it's usually also because I was slow. The windows for attacks in the game feel very generous imo.

Might be different if I'm playing serious high end raid content as a healer or tank, but I just poke stuff and manage cooldowns before lying on the ground dead so it seems fine to me.

iammeiam

I hope the download goes up soonish; I'm replacing my computer tomorrow and would like to have it installed on the old one in case the new one does something hilarious and is DOA. Ideally get that sorted, pass out, wake up, ruin the game for myself by sprinting to 70, severely question my life choices.

Good times.

imo it's not worth paying money just to clear such a small hurdle, raising such a small ilvl jump takes a few hours max

Not to mention that if HW is any indication, SB will have white vendor i240-ish gear available and it should be fairly trivial to have someone purchase a few pieces if needed.

And Bryn is on primal so cross-server PF for content.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
In all seriousness, I haven't really noticed really bad situations. The ping is about 180-200, which isn't great at all, but most of the time when I fuck up, it's on me rather than the lag. There are maybe a few situations where I should have evaded the AOE if not for the lag, but it's usually also because I was slow. The windows for attacks in the game feel very generous imo.

Might be different if I'm playing serious high end raid content as a healer or tank, but I just poke stuff and manage cooldowns before lying on the ground dead so it seems fine to me.

It's a lot more important in high end raid content, Also if people play on ps4 the circles for aoes straight up show up slower than on pc *I played both* So any extra latency really hurts the console guys even more

Like going from ps4 to pc I felt like I could see the future and shit from the difference. In reality it's maybe somewhere between 0.1-0.2 seconnds of delay difference but ya it matters

duckroll

imo it's not worth paying money just to clear such a small hurdle, raising such a small ilvl jump takes a few hours max

But I would say it's indicative of a larger problem right? If he feels stuck over something so minor, switching to a server where tons of people in this thread are playing on to get solid community help would be a huge QoL improvement. It's not just paying money to clear that hurdle imo.

It's a lot more important in high end raid content, Also if people play on ps4 the circles for aoes straight up show up slower than on pc *I played both* So any extra latency really hurts the console guys even more

Well I play on PC, with a gamepad, so I guess I'm getting the Real Console Experience anyway! :D

Waterdrop

Don't get me wrong, this is entirely 100% my own fault, I delayed doing the main quest 2 long and it bit me in the ass.

It just sucks tho :(

Ken

Im in the mood to make a long winded hype post, but yoshi p says to calm down.

But I'm mostly just loopy since Im tying to fuck my sleep schedule up so I can align with the launch. This will probably bite me in the ass because servers are gonna probably take a shit

Heavensward's launch was surprisingly stable, but who knows now with the new servers and increased honey bun marketing.

Sciel

I re-subbed after about a year off this game, then got to see my rarafell's kawaii mug for a second.

...then the servers went down.

Razmos

I'm gonna miss cleric stance for the sole reason of it just felt cool to have my dps chocobo, me in cleric stance , and my fairy healing.

Also soon as I hit the cap on gear I can get for raiding pre omega normal I'm totally gonna birb farm nonstop at 70 LOL
Well now you are in constant cleric stance

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
I am so screwed, I need ilvl 230 for this dung, I am 217 haha with only 500k gold.
Get someone with SB to buy you some gear from the new town armor vendor when the servers restart. It should be high enough to let you finish HW.

Guys, it's almost time!

I'll have just enough time to come home from work and try to get in a quick nap (lol like I'll be able to sleep) before the servers are up.

I'm so excited!

duckroll

Don't get me wrong, this is entirely 100% my own fault, I delayed doing the main quest 2 long and it bit me in the ass.

It just sucks tho :(

Well on one hand, yes it's your "fault". On the other hand, no one should feel forced to play a game at some expected pace. You paid for the game and the subscription and you should be able to enjoy it however you want. But given that there's a multiplayer component to the progression, yes it can be easier or harder to progress depending on who is willing to help on such content when there's brand new exciting stuff to play instead.

I put off HW to play a few other games too. I managed to catch up really quickly because there were always people in the FC chat willing to help out with queuing for a dungeon or a trial, and in post-HW I got help with equipment ilvl. Now that I'm mostly caught up if I'm on and I see people playing earlier content who need extra help I sure wouldn't mind helping out because there's really no rush to get through all of Stormblood immediately. I'm sure a lot of people think that way too.

Emitan

Speaking as someone who went through 2.1-2.55 in like 3 days without skipping cutscenes, don't feel like you have to rush. I did 100 quests in 3 days and it was horrible.

Top Bottom