Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT2| Y'all Need to Calm Down (Ultimate)

Jul 18, 2006
Dominican Republic
When i bought ARR i remember being part of the GAF free company (even have a group photo). Now i just came back to the game and subscribed for 2 months, and notice that i'm not part of any free company, so i assume that eventually all the inactive players were removed from it. I want to know if there is still space to join, i'm a level 23 Gladiator.

Feb 22, 2013
Australia
When i bought ARR i remember being part of the GAF free company (even have a group photo). Now i just came back to the game and subscribed for 2 months, and notice that i'm not part of any free company, so i assume that eventually all the inactive players were removed from it. I want to know if there is still space to join, i'm a level 23 Gladiator.
What was your character name? There's currently room for a few more in Gather Against Fate, but yeah there have been purges as were are almost always close to the cap. You're welcome to rejoin (make sure to state in your application that you're re-joining along with your username) - we're still at Mist Ward 1 Plot 15 (though that may change if more Shirogane housing opens up), but the FC tag is now <<Aera>> rather than <<GAF>> (the full name remains the same for now, but that too is up in the air - as Meccs said above, most everyone in the FFXIV community fled during the 'exodus', so the FC leaders are trying to distance the FC from this site.

I only caught this because I heard GAF had a UI change and was curious

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
I'm probably the only person on GAF that still plays this game but I'm really looking forward to the next part of the Ivalice raid on Tuesday! Took a several month break and got back into it last week. Eureka was surprisingly fun, coming from someone who started playing FFXI for the first time last year... it felt weirdly nostalgic, despite the memory being very recent for me personally.

Nov 3, 2013
I'm probably the only person on GAF that still plays this game but I'm really looking forward to the next part of the Ivalice raid on Tuesday! Took a several month break and got back into it last week. Eureka was surprisingly fun, coming from someone who started playing FFXI for the first time last year... it felt weirdly nostalgic, despite the memory being very recent for me personally.
You are not the only one. I already got my Ex clear and just cleared the new ivalice raid. God this patch was full of feels and noob-proof mechanics.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Mar 5, 2009
I’m still here! The new raid is really well done. I think the difficulty is just right. I also like how it is easy to recover from the fights by rezzing people. Math Bot is a great boss.

Claus Grimhildyr

Vincit qui se vincit
Jan 30, 2018
I’m still here! The new raid is really well done. I think the difficulty is just right. I also like how it is easy to recover from the fights by rezzing people. Math Bot is a great boss.
Also here, I just rarely enter the community area.

Haven't tried the new raids yet, still working my way through 4.1 content. Took a break from 4.0 to 4.3 so I can get a nice sizeable chunk of new stuff to play with. I heard Kefka is a boss now? How is it?

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Mar 5, 2009
Also here, I just rarely enter the community area.

Haven't tried the new raids yet, still working my way through 4.1 content. Took a break from 4.0 to 4.3 so I can get a nice sizeable chunk of new stuff to play with. I heard Kefka is a boss now? How is it?
The new raids are pretty good. I liked the Alexander stuff better. I think I am the only one though. Most people seem to prefer the new Omega stuff.

Nov 3, 2013
I wasn't expecting such a feels trip with Omega's ending and here I am, crying at the happiest chocobo I've ever seen.

Good fucking Job YoshiP.

Last edited:

Claus Grimhildyr

Vincit qui se vincit
Jan 30, 2018
Pyros is more bearable that Pagos was, but it's still garbage. Game is gonna die with next expansion.
Lol, no it isn't. Eureka is just a tiny portion of the stuff you can do. I still put in at least 10-15 hours a week and I haven't gone near that content as it doesn't interest me. As long as dungeons, raids, and questing remains fun, people will continue playing. The story is the best it has been and only improves with each passing patch/expansion. Plus core combat is fun as hell.

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2013
What can we expect TODAY at least?

Expansion namedrop?
Some bits of the new intro and Main Theme?
1 Job Hint?

They REALLY have to solve the 2.0-2.5 wall of quests. It's stopping every friend I manage to trick to play this game because EVERYBODY has the "wow mentality" of "i want to play the new content" EVEN when every content is literally NEW for them.

Also those quests were not fun, just the last patch with shiva and Midgard quests/dung/trials.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Mar 5, 2009
Blue Mage coming next patch. Caps out at level 50. Level raised with expansion.

Vierra strongly hinted at for the expansion.
Multiple new jobs.
Some sort of system to queue in with NPCs for new expansion group content. Sounded like you’d be able to play with main story characters.
Rebuilding the Ishgard Citadel for crafters/gatherers. Hinted at new housing there.
TP/MP bars combined to one bar.
New raid/dungeons/etc.
Cross world transfer. You can travel to other servers in your data center via the aetheryte in the 3 main cities.
Personal farms.

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2013
At first I hated what they are trying with the BLU (the Limited job) but the more I think about it the better it gets...

I think the idea they have is to "force" people to communicate with other players, to use the FC/LS and Friend list to call people for help to queue for dungeons/trials to get the actions they are searching and complete content.

Nowadays what almost every player does is queuing the DF and wait for it to pop while they do other things (mostly netflix lol). This way people will have to play an MMO like an MMO has to be played, communicating, calling people, forming a party the old way. Shit I'm sure at the end of Shadowbringers they will let BLU to do savage and some Pro-Raiders will beat stuff with a BLU on party.

It's the SOCIAL Job and I love the idea. Also people is forgetting how usefull a BLU can be in places like Eureka :)

Of course if it ends being shit will be because of the players and not the idea...like Eureka with the fate trains.