• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT2| Y'all Need to Calm Down (Ultimate)

Angelcurio

When i bought ARR i remember being part of the GAF free company (even have a group photo). Now i just came back to the game and subscribed for 2 months, and notice that i'm not part of any free company, so i assume that eventually all the inactive players were removed from it. I want to know if there is still space to join, i'm a level 23 Gladiator.

Apoptomon

When i bought ARR i remember being part of the GAF free company (even have a group photo). Now i just came back to the game and subscribed for 2 months, and notice that i'm not part of any free company, so i assume that eventually all the inactive players were removed from it. I want to know if there is still space to join, i'm a level 23 Gladiator.

What was your character name? There's currently room for a few more in Gather Against Fate, but yeah there have been purges as were are almost always close to the cap. You're welcome to rejoin (make sure to state in your application that you're re-joining along with your username) - we're still at Mist Ward 1 Plot 15 (though that may change if more Shirogane housing opens up), but the FC tag is now <<Aera>> rather than <<GAF>> (the full name remains the same for now, but that too is up in the air - as Meccs said above, most everyone in the FFXIV community fled during the 'exodus', so the FC leaders are trying to distance the FC from this site.

I only caught this because I heard GAF had a UI change and was curious

Last edited:
I'm probably the only person on GAF that still plays this game but I'm really looking forward to the next part of the Ivalice raid on Tuesday! Took a several month break and got back into it last week. Eureka was surprisingly fun, coming from someone who started playing FFXI for the first time last year... it felt weirdly nostalgic, despite the memory being very recent for me personally.

royox

I'm probably the only person on GAF that still plays this game but I'm really looking forward to the next part of the Ivalice raid on Tuesday! Took a several month break and got back into it last week. Eureka was surprisingly fun, coming from someone who started playing FFXI for the first time last year... it felt weirdly nostalgic, despite the memory being very recent for me personally.

You are not the only one. I already got my Ex clear and just cleared the new ivalice raid. God this patch was full of feels and noob-proof mechanics.

JORMBO

Darkness no more

I’m still here! The new raid is really well done. I think the difficulty is just right. I also like how it is easy to recover from the fights by rezzing people. Math Bot is a great boss.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I’m still here! The new raid is really well done. I think the difficulty is just right. I also like how it is easy to recover from the fights by rezzing people. Math Bot is a great boss.

Also here, I just rarely enter the community area.

Haven't tried the new raids yet, still working my way through 4.1 content. Took a break from 4.0 to 4.3 so I can get a nice sizeable chunk of new stuff to play with. I heard Kefka is a boss now? How is it?

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Also here, I just rarely enter the community area.

Haven't tried the new raids yet, still working my way through 4.1 content. Took a break from 4.0 to 4.3 so I can get a nice sizeable chunk of new stuff to play with. I heard Kefka is a boss now? How is it?

The new raids are pretty good. I liked the Alexander stuff better. I think I am the only one though. Most people seem to prefer the new Omega stuff.

royox

I wasn't expecting such a feels trip with Omega's ending and here I am, crying at the happiest chocobo I've ever seen.

Good fucking Job YoshiP.

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Pyros is more bearable that Pagos was, but it's still garbage. Game is gonna die with next expansion.

Lol, no it isn't. Eureka is just a tiny portion of the stuff you can do. I still put in at least 10-15 hours a week and I haven't gone near that content as it doesn't interest me. As long as dungeons, raids, and questing remains fun, people will continue playing. The story is the best it has been and only improves with each passing patch/expansion. Plus core combat is fun as hell.

Last edited:

royox

What can we expect TODAY at least?

Expansion namedrop?
Some bits of the new intro and Main Theme?
1 Job Hint?

They REALLY have to solve the 2.0-2.5 wall of quests. It's stopping every friend I manage to trick to play this game because EVERYBODY has the "wow mentality" of "i want to play the new content" EVEN when every content is literally NEW for them.

Also those quests were not fun, just the last patch with shiva and Midgard quests/dung/trials.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Blue Mage coming next patch. Caps out at level 50. Level raised with expansion.

Vierra strongly hinted at for the expansion.
Multiple new jobs.
Some sort of system to queue in with NPCs for new expansion group content. Sounded like you’d be able to play with main story characters.
Rebuilding the Ishgard Citadel for crafters/gatherers. Hinted at new housing there.
TP/MP bars combined to one bar.
New raid/dungeons/etc.
Cross world transfer. You can travel to other servers in your data center via the aetheryte in the 3 main cities.
Personal farms.

Last edited:

royox

At first I hated what they are trying with the BLU (the Limited job) but the more I think about it the better it gets...

I think the idea they have is to "force" people to communicate with other players, to use the FC/LS and Friend list to call people for help to queue for dungeons/trials to get the actions they are searching and complete content.

Nowadays what almost every player does is queuing the DF and wait for it to pop while they do other things (mostly netflix lol). This way people will have to play an MMO like an MMO has to be played, communicating, calling people, forming a party the old way. Shit I'm sure at the end of Shadowbringers they will let BLU to do savage and some Pro-Raiders will beat stuff with a BLU on party.

It's the SOCIAL Job and I love the idea. Also people is forgetting how usefull a BLU can be in places like Eureka :)

Of course if it ends being shit will be because of the players and not the idea...like Eureka with the fate trains.

royox

Epic trailer for 4.5 Patch incoming Next month.
Patch released on Jan8 (half 1) and March (Half 2)
BLU coming Jan 15

Last edited:
so I started/returned to XIV last year around Nov. been having fun so far, got a few jobs to 70 and got the MSQ to current. this is the first time I'm fully invested in a MMORPG ever since FFXI and I played XI for 7~8 year. I actually got XIV way back when when 1.0 launched but didn't hang around since... well, we all know how 1.0 went down... I did love how they turn things around but due to work and RL I had not been able to really play any MMO until now.

the new 4.5 patch is the first time I experience the patch day rush with all the people doing the MSQ, Seiryu and raid. it's pretty fun and I like the way it's going. can't wait for BLU and Shadowbringers. oh, and the fact that I actually enjoy crafting and gathering here says a lot since I had never enjoy those before.

royox

Not sure if I should resub for 4.5. How much did you guys enjoy it so far?

Game is filled with blu forming parties trying to learn stuff open world and in dungeons. At least is something difefent and kinda fun.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit

It is what you would expect from a FFXIV patch. Personally I skipped out on much of 4.1-4.4 so I resubbed to enjoy all that content while I await the next expansion.

JORMBO

Darkness no more

New 24 man raid is really well done. But like any 24 man raid it's something you run once a week and you're done. The new dungeon is really quick and easy. The main story was pretty quick but good.

I haven't tried BLU yet. I heard things were really crowded so I figured I'd wait it out a bit.

If you already did 4.4 content and don't want to sub multiple times it might be best to wait until the rest of the story patches drop before resubbing. I think they are out in March (?).

I love BLU. 4 blus in a dungeon is great fun, especially during the leveling process and using 1000 Needles on everything lol
What I don't love is having to run Extreme Primals up to 60 times in order to learn their spell. This is like atma levels of grinding lol

CLBridges

I miss this game so much. Really want to try out Blu. Lost almost everything for the second time in my life late last year. Just starting to piece things together now, but I hope to be able to afford another ps4 by the time shadowbringers releases. It's strange but this game/community got me through some tough times in life.

On another note, I hope the gunblade job is a tank and although people want Dancer as a new healer job, I hope for Chemist 😎

klosos

So how is FF14 for a newbie ? i am really looking to get into another MMO. I promised my self never try another MMO after WOW but i've got an itch that needs scratching.

Elcid

Banned
So how is FF14 for a newbie ? i am really looking to get into another MMO. I promised my self never try another MMO after WOW but i've got an itch that needs scratching.
It's pretty great imo because you can easily swap classes if you find you picked something you didn't like. There's a lot of handholding initially too just pay attention and read. Community is very helpful too. If you end up on Behemoth I could show you the ropes too. Endgame is intense but it's a long while till you have to worry about that and by then you should know your class.

klosos

It's pretty great imo because you can easily swap classes if you find you picked something you didn't like. There's a lot of handholding initially too just pay attention and read. Community is very helpful too. If you end up on Behemoth I could show you the ropes too. Endgame is intense but it's a long while till you have to worry about that and by then you should know your class.

ok great that's good to know , when i get time ill give it a go

Elcid

Banned
I miss this game so much. Really want to try out Blu. Lost almost everything for the second time in my life late last year. Just starting to piece things together now, but I hope to be able to afford another ps4 by the time shadowbringers releases. It's strange but this game/community got me through some tough times in life.

On another note, I hope the gunblade job is a tank and although people want Dancer as a new healer job, I hope for Chemist 😎
Has life perked up for you? I hope 2019 is better for you man.

klosos

So I've started playing over the weekend , I am enjoying the crafting and Gathering a lot. even tho am early on. I am in the city of Gridania and can only see 3 side skills , Carpentry ,leather working and Botanist, from Gridania how do i get to the other cities to pick up the other side skill's( mining and fishing etc ) ?

also i know you can level up any class , but at the minute am a level 14 Lancer and all i am doing is spamming one skill impulse overdrive. Hopefully the lancer becomes more enjoyable later on

Elcid

Banned
So I've started playing over the weekend , I am enjoying the crafting and Gathering a lot. even tho am early on. I am in the city of Gridania and can only see 3 side skills , Carpentry ,leather working and Botanist, from Gridania how do i get to the other cities to pick up the other side skill's( mining and fishing etc ) ?

also i know you can level up any class , but at the minute am a level 14 Lancer and all i am doing is spamming one skill impulse overdrive. Hopefully the lancer becomes more enjoyable later on
You get a quest to go to the other cities and you can learn other crafts just focus on the main quest atm and yeah eventually lancer becomes dragoon and you get a lot cooler abilities.

Last edited:

klosos

You get a quest to go to the other cities and you can learn other crafts just focus on the main quest atm and yeah eventually lancer becomes dragoon and you get a lot cooler abilities.

oh cheers for the heads up mate , much appreciated.

royox

My gosh i didn't know Eureka has now a 56-men freaking Raid inside. I'm still lvl20 of this shit. Can I make it in time to reach that before it dies? :_

My gosh i didn't know Eureka has now a 56-men freaking Raid inside. I'm still lvl20 of this shit. Can I make it in time to reach that before it dies? :_
If you're talking Elemental Level 20 in Eureka then yes, you have plenty of time before it dies out (I'd say within a month of Shadowbringers).
If you're talking about regular level 20 (before you even unlocked a job) then it's going to be tough. I don't recommend rushing through the story and I certainly don't recommend binging Eureka (trust me on that one).
That said, in April everyone is going to have a 4-seater mount to ferry low levels around so maybe try to get into Eureka by then?

Best of luck!
UtzfCCh.jpg

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
If you're talking Elemental Level 20 in Eureka then yes, you have plenty of time before it dies out (I'd say within a month of Shadowbringers).
If you're talking about regular level 20 (before you even unlocked a job) then it's going to be tough. I don't recommend rushing through the story and I certainly don't recommend binging Eureka (trust me on that one).
That said, in April everyone is going to have a 4-seater mount to ferry low levels around so maybe try to get into Eureka by then?

Best of luck!
UtzfCCh.jpg

How do you get the Ozma mount?

royox

Best of luck!
UtzfCCh.jpg

Reached lvl35 yesterday and farming the last 16 frost crystals for my relic. The nerf they put to the aetheryte levels are helping a lot for new players to catch up (1st crystal was lvl21, last one lvl25).

When I have my pagos relik I will jump to Pyros. Let's see what adventures await me there (I love going those places totally blind, the "new mmo" feel is so fucking amazing there).

Reached lvl35 yesterday and farming the last 16 frost crystals for my relic. The nerf they put to the aetheryte levels are helping a lot for new players to catch up (1st crystal was lvl21, last one lvl25).

When I have my pagos relik I will jump to Pyros. Let's see what adventures await me there (I love going those places totally blind, the "new mmo" feel is so fucking amazing there).
Nice! The Pagos light grind is the worst part of all Eureka, so once that's done then it's smooth sailing. Once you get to Hydatos, if you're on Primal data center, I can send you a link to the Baldesion Arsenal discord so that you can coordinate better runs with others (Hydatos PUGs tend to lead to failure).

royox

Nice! The Pagos light grind is the worst part of all Eureka, so once that's done then it's smooth sailing. Once you get to Hydatos, if you're on Primal data center, I can send you a link to the Baldesion Arsenal discord so that you can coordinate better runs with others (Hydatos PUGs tend to lead to failure).

I'm from chaos but thank you :D

Today I will get the last 5 lights I need for my weapon and will complete the challenge log preparing myself for Pyros. Only gods know what I'm gonna find there. All I hear about that place is scaring the shit out of me.

Top Bottom