• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT2| Y'all Need to Calm Down (Ultimate)

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Oh man, I forgot all about that. The first level is going to suck with DPS queue times and a new DPS class being added.

Can always keep an eye on PF. May be some nice tanks offering to form groups so dancers can queue hop.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I preordered ShadowBringers and was glad to get Storm Blood for free but I still need to play through that expansion first. Can I get started on the 28th with the early access or will I have to wait until July 2nd to get started?

Last edited:

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Didn't even realize the FC I was in basically dissolved. At some point, everyone left, I was auto promoted to leader, and the house was repossessed. Now I have several million extra gil and a bunch of furniture I don't know what to do with. =p

Ol'Scratch

Can always keep an eye on PF. May be some nice tanks offering to form groups so dancers can queue hop.
I look forward to Healers being the "in need" for the bonuses. You will have Gunbreakers and Dancers everywhere.
I also have decided not to finish the last patches of Post Stormblood quests that I have left until after friday so I can get xp from them.

Mecha Meow

Didn't even realize the FC I was in basically dissolved. At some point, everyone left, I was auto promoted to leader, and the house was repossessed. Now I have several million extra gil and a bunch of furniture I don't know what to do with. =p

Don't feel bad, after getting kicked from 5-6 FCs since 2013 for not fitting in or contrasting opinions, I was given a FC by this woman that quit and I've been in my 1 catgirl FC on Faerie since 2017.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Don't feel bad, after getting kicked from 5-6 FCs since 2013 for not fitting in or contrasting opinions, I was given a FC by this woman that quit and I've been in my 1 catgirl FC on Faerie since 2017.

Yeah, I'm on Faerie too and noticed a fair number of people hop FCs before going solo. Not sure why it's so common there. I'll probably just run solo from now on. Party Finder is plenty fine for doing content I think.

Mecha Meow

Yeah, I'm on Faerie too and noticed a fair number of people hop FCs before going solo. Not sure why it's so common there. I'll probably just run solo from now on. Party Finder is plenty fine for doing content I think.

It doesn't help that all but two FCs I was in felt fake as hell with hyper cliques. The last one actually invited me to do stuff but they moved to the Euro servers around the time I was given this current FC.

Oh well, talking in general all over the place and link shells are enough for me.

Thabass

d65aa2c282957d3d0fde9e8979c62bcebe5aa9f5.png

Patch Notes 5.0 (Preliminary) have been released.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Those new zones look pretty nice. I'll probably steamroll through the quests and watch the cut scenes later. Mostly want to get WAR, PLD, and DRK recapped, and hopefully by then, most of the GNBs will already be in their 70s or capped so their won't be a tank glut in the 60-70 range.

JORMBO

Darkness no more

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Haven't played since early Stormblood. If I come back I guess I have to finish the SB MSQ. Do I come back? Which server should I play on?

Celcius

°Temp. member
Haven't played since early Stormblood. If I come back I guess I have to finish the SB MSQ. Do I come back? Which server should I play on?
Ultros is a great server. Also, if you preorder then you get earrings that give 30% extra exp up to lv70 which will help get through the Storm Blood content faster.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism

If you want to pug raid content, consider a server on the Aether data center. Most of the big raiding guilds are there and there's a massive pool of people that go on party finder when they aren't doing stuff with their statics as well as people who just prefer to pug everything.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Looks like no queue now. I guess SE is learning from SB and the server realignment must have helped too. So far anyway.

RPGCrazied

Was going fine until now. Keep getting the lobby server has encountered an error and boots me out. I'm assuming their servers are getting pounded right now.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Working now it looks like. I just took an hour break to walk the dogs and got back in right away.

1.5 level until 70 DNC. Then I can really start playing.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Boy, that lvl 71 dungeon is such a blatant corridor. Also, dungeon queue as a lvl 60 GNB is comically long.

Mista

Banned
How’s the new expansion GAF? I stopped playing like 9 months ago but not because I got bored, because I started playing other things.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
How’s the new expansion GAF? I stopped playing like 9 months ago but not because I got bored, because I started playing other things.

From what I've played, the story is quite good and the new jobs are fun. Boss fights in dungeons are decent and from what I've seen of the EX Primal fights in streams they look pretty involved so far. So far it's a good expansion.

royox

So far the expansion's story, areas, ost and bosses are on pair of what you should expect for a good Non-MMO Final Fantasy. Enjoying it a lot. The Gunbreaker is also so freaking fun to use.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I've been out of town all weekend but I'm hyped to jump back in tomorrow! (haven't played since like Sept 2018)

Last edited:
Up to 78 as DRK. Awesome expansion so far, finding myself engaged with the story as much as I was with Heavensward.

Messing around with DNC as well with the dailies and it seems interesting so far. But I'll probably level MCH to 80 as first dps. I want that mech! lol

Last edited:

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Went and ran a few dungeons as healer last night hoping to see how other GNB were doing. Looks like the job has attracted a lot of people that have never tanked before. Nice to see more people try it out, but hopefully they'll start using AoE moves soon. It was cute to see all these fish out of water. =p

Celcius

°Temp. member
I’ve logged back in and some of my actions on the hot bar have a red strike through them and I can’t select them any more. What’s the deal?

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I’ve logged back in and some of my actions on the hot bar have a red strike through them and I can’t select them any more. What’s the deal?

They removed those actions with the expansion. If you play a class that got a rework (DRK, MCH) you probably have a lot of removed actions. Take them off your bar, go into your actions listing and add all the new ones in their place.

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
It's so good to be back!
I'm glad to have the preorder earrings to make the lv 60 -> 70 grind faster too.

Last edited:

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I'm level 76 now, but only on level 74 quests. Taking this one a bit slower rather then just rushing through it all in two days.

isual

level 75 at the moment, but since i have a full time j.o.b. it may take me until this upcoming sunday to hit level 80. perhaps with the july 4th day off i can make a bit more progress.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I finally made it to Kugane and I see why everyone likes this town. This place is huge and the music is awesome too.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Hoping to hit 71 tonight on GNB and get back to 5.0 MSQ stuff. The waits for dungeons haven't been too bad and I've noticed stuff like Trials and 10 man dungeons are already going back to tanks being the adventurer in need. I figure that'll be the norm again by August. Anyway, not really in a rush to hit 80. There'll be plenty of lulls in the next two years to get everything level capped again. Long as I have at least one job to 80 in time for that Nier themed dungeon that comes in a few weeks, I'm happy with that.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Even with the preorder earrings I’m having to do plenty of grinding to advance the story in storm blood. The gameplay is really fun but I was hoping to there wouldn’t be so much grinding this time around. Oh well.

Last edited:

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Hoping to hit 71 tonight on GNB and get back to 5.0 MSQ stuff. The waits for dungeons haven't been too bad and I've noticed stuff like Trials and 10 man dungeons are already going back to tanks being the adventurer in need. I figure that'll be the norm again by August. Anyway, not really in a rush to hit 80. There'll be plenty of lulls in the next two years to get everything level capped again. Long as I have at least one job to 80 in time for that Nier themed dungeon that comes in a few weeks, I'm happy with that.

The Nier raid won't be out until 5.1. That's probably about 3.5 months out.

I finally made it to Kugane and I see why everyone likes this town. This place is huge and the music is awesome too.
Even with the preorder earrings I’m having to do plenty of grinding to advance the story in storm blood. The gameplay is really fun but I was hoping to there wouldn’t be so much grinding this time around. Oh well.

if you like Kugane, you would love the new main city in ShadowBringer. I think it's bigger than Kugane and just as beautiful (plus they give you a super nice suite for your inn room). I've just unlocked the last new zone earlier today, and all the new zones are wonderful and HUGE!

as for grinding, make sure to hit all the daily roulettes for the extra xp (especially if you have the job that they need at the moment). and log out in inn rooms or your house bed since that'll give you some extra xp bonus stacks. how are you on MSQ? don't forget that those give you a lot of xp too as you progress. when I was lvling my alt jobs, I just get the Shire gear set for my job and run roulettes all day long and while repetitive, it does help with getting to 70. sadly, as much as I understand you want to get lvl fast, this IS a sub based MMORPG, so progress will come in a slow but steady pace. but then again, for $25, you can get a job to 70 right now in the Mogstation if you really want to... however, everything you do in the game WILL add up and it'll all go to getting you one step closer to the goal line, which I love about this even if it's something that people might not really feel it sometimes. so just keep at it, don't try to rush since there's just SO much you can do and enjoy the ride.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Yep I've been doing the daily duty roulettes for grinding and I'm back to doing the main scenario quests again now.
However I got logged out due to a connection issue and when I tried to log back in there was a 700+ person queue. I waited until I got to #53 in line and then got kicked out again so I guess the servers are getting hammered. I'm still having a great time though... this is my first time playing during the launch of a new expansion so it's understandable.

Edit: now sitting at 1791 in log in queue, oof

Edit 2: back in

Last edited:
The queues were crazy because the NA servers went down for about 30 minutes last night so everyone was trying to get back in. From what I understand thats the first time it happened since Early Access started, so I'd say that's a big improvement over Stormblood's launch.

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
I have been (slowly) working my way through the new Main Scenario Quests in Shadowbringers. The most recent scene I got to involved the leader of Eulmore. To prevent further spoils, I will link the scene below in spoilers. When I watched it, I thought to myself that they did a wonderful job researching a particular community. The parallels are almost staggering!

Celcius

°Temp. member
Spoilers for StormBlood

Doma Castle may be my favorite dungeon yet. As soon as I heard the music I knew it was going to be awesome. Plus I really like the layout and the building/architecture designs as well.

Last edited:

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I finsihed the MSQ today. The last boss was really well done. A lot easier then the last boss of Stormblood was though.

Top Bottom