• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT2| Y'all Need to Calm Down (Ultimate)

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Basically my kind of shit yup. Also, Susano was fun as fuck

You take a rather lengthy "detour" not too long after getting to Yanxia. At first I was really put off by it. Like wtf does this have to do with the main story. But looking back it was a good piece of world building.

royox

Like wtf does this have to do with the main story

You want ALL the regions to rise against the empire. That's why there's a fragment of the MSQ that's literally "let's go to X and see what we can do". Also that zone gives you a lot of world building mandatory for 4.3.

YukiOnna

You take a rather lengthy "detour" not too long after getting to Yanxia. At first I was really put off by it. Like wtf does this have to do with the main story. But looking back it was a good piece of world building.
For sure. The objective for travelling to the Hinterlands and Forelands in Dravania was more simple and clear compared to here as you meet the different people, but as I progress I realize "this is war".

Lyse > Hien
Hien is such a bro. I'm 100% ok with him getting with Yugiri if thats what ends up happening (I'm still in Stormblood). The bro chad deserves it.

Lyse on the other hand is top tier waifu material.
Lyse and Y'shtola... Hilda and Yugiri... XIV has some top tier girls

Heavensward 8 man raids are mega cool with more great music for those trekking on through the story and the queues are pretty quick due to the normal raid roulettes and you shouldn't need to spoil yourself on the fights looking up guides.

Spoilered is one of my favorite fights + songs.

Last edited:

royox

Spoilered is one of my favorite fights + songs.

The patch day this boss was amazing as the whole fight would sync perfectly with the music. The "twenty-two sectors tested, fragments in all directions..." part was synced with all the robots scattering and throwing aoes....so damn cool.

But man Omega's bosses are on another whole level.

Sub_Level

Beat 4.0 yesterday. Final boss was definitely tough but not hard. I've wiped to random bosses in other dungeons more before *cough* Stone Vigil dragon *cough*

I have yet to do a single 24-man Raid lol there is still lots left to do after the story.

Beat 4.0 yesterday. Final boss was definitely tough but not hard. I've wiped to random bosses in other dungeons more before *cough* Stone Vigil dragon *cough*

I have yet to do a single 24-man Raid lol there is still lots left to do after the story.
ARR 24 man raid kinda has tie-ins with Shadowbringers. About an hour of story in that little storyline, takes 20ish mins to run each one.

Last edited:

YukiOnna

Yeah my friend repeatedly told me do Crystal Towers before Shadowbringers or I'm making a huge mistake.

Thankfully I did it lol

they're pretty easy, fun and they're nice spectacles.

also I believe, xp per min, the alliance raid and 8 man normal roulettes are the best bang for your buck.

Sub_Level

ARR 24 man raid kinda has tie-ins with Shadowbringers. About an hour of story in that little storyline, takes 20ish mins to run each one.

Alrighty. I'll make it a point to do all the Quests with Plus signs on them that I havent done after post-Stormblood. I've only been doin my Job and Aether Current quests on the side.

Last edited:

YukiOnna

Gosetsu's death fucked me up big time. I love characters like him and he had a heart of gold... I want to believe that giant bear will show up on the final battlefield but I know that's unlikely ;;

Gosetsu's death fucked me up big time. I love characters like him and he had a heart of gold... I want to believe that giant bear will show up on the final battlefield but I know that's unlikely ;;

all I can say is that the tail end of the Stormblood MSQ is pretty awesome imo and you get to visit the far east again.

Sub_Level

You guys are crazy. Its all about post-ARR and teleporting to Rising Stones 50 times and then doing another loading screen to get into the meeting room

Now THAT was a good jrpg. And having to redo boss fights on a """hard""" difficulty? Fucking masterpiece.

YukiOnna

You guys are crazy. Its all about post-ARR and teleporting to Rising Stones 50 times and then doing another loading screen to get into the meeting room

Now THAT was a good jrpg. And having to redo boss fights on a """hard""" difficulty? Fucking masterpiece.
Don't forget talking to Alphinaud and only Alphinaud!

Sub_Level

Don't forget talking to Alphinaud and only Alphinaud!

My friend, I pray you'll travel to Uldah to discuss subplot that won't come up again two quests down the road. Mayhap in the meantime, I shall await you spawned right outside the unvoiced NPC dialogue upon quest completion to distribute your next task.

crYSTal bRaveS!

JORMBO

Darkness no more

ChYVt7jUcAAXI7W.jpg

YukiOnna

What gets me is the small people hoping and missing 1.0 and wanting FFXIV Classic. Yoshi-P's response to EZAllies Question about that was hilarious lol

Sub_Level

Post-Stormblood is introducing like one new subplot per quest. Im gonna need to start takin notes if this rapid fire pace doesnt slow down lol

Also I finally joined a free company 200 hours in. Bonus exp is nice.

royox

Post-Stormblood is introducing like one new subplot per quest. Im gonna need to start takin notes if t

And they are also introducing you one of the best FF villains. Also i remember how hyped i was with the MSQ on 4.3 and the rest of the expansion. The set up for the next things to come was SO GOOD

YukiOnna

Beat 4.0 Story Quests 2 nights ago and damn it didn't disappoint at all. Funny story though, for the final trial my entire party except one left upon me joining and I decided to stick it out and wait for new members to be added. Ended up getting party of 6 and I pointed out how I wanted to finish this tonight so I can progress story and they were so nice and stuck out waiting another 10 minutes despite planning to leave... we ended up getting the remaining healers (one dude logged off and managed to find this trial as a healer as he suggested)

Awesome community and what a fun final boss.

On a side note:
Gosetsu!!!!

Last edited:

Sub_Level

Bruh.

I start a dungeon in Shadowbringers and the game lets me know I can use NPCs as party members now. Not generic soldiers either but actual story characters.

Bruh.

This is the bona fide Final Fantasy I have been waiting since 2006 for. Its good to see you old friend.

tenor.gif

the Rising event letters are really nice. the minion one and all the (I assume) game dev ones are wonderful. thou I wish they let us get all of them one after another instead of getting randoms and repeats. oh well, more tokens for fireworks I guess.

royox

It's pretty crazy the lengths they go to make it "Single Player" as possible.

I actually love how they are doing it. For me FFXIV is first a FF with the MSQ, characters, story, plot twists, lore, etc and after that is an MMO with the most amazing boss battles i've ever experienced in my life in an MMO.

They are supposed to make the 2.1-2.5 MSQ shorter for 5.3 so the overall SP experience will be perfect. I'm already excited for a whole game NG+ as now my english level is MUCH better than when I started playing 6 years ago and now i really care about the lore and the characters (I didn't when I started, as a WoW player I played the whole 2.0 as "just another MMO" withouth caring about lore or anything, 2.5 ending was when I got literally sucked into the lore and MSQ).

Sub_Level

They are supposed to make the 2.1-2.5 MSQ shorter for 5.3 so the overall SP experience will be perfect.

Also add Trusts to 2.0, 3.0, and 4.0. Imagine fighting Dungeons and Trials alongside Estinien, Yugiri, e.t.c.

Not that it needs to be a priority for the dev team, of course. This is more in consideration for people who play it 10 years from now and whatnot. Unlike XI which would require substantial structural changes to make it offline, I believe we will live to XIV largely preserved just like any other FF experience. Some teenager in 2035 who wants to play through the series will be able to go through XIV's scenarios just fine.

ran the first dungeon of shadowbringers.

no longer able to do the big pulls due to gear limitations.

now it's time to get into the nitty gritty over my numbers tho, time to hit up The Balance.

Sub_Level

ran the first dungeon of shadowbringers.

no longer able to do the big pulls due to gear limitations.

now it's time to get into the nitty gritty over my numbers tho, time to hit up The Balance.

I just do what im comfortable with. Sometimes 2 mobs, sometimes 1. Being able to run through them with NPCs first is excellent because you know what to expect.

Sometimes people bitch at me but fuck em I tank the boss I can tank the chat log too. When I am tank I am alpha chad thunderdick. You go at MY pace cunt.

YukiOnna

Almost done 4.5 and heading into Shadowbringers... holy shit so many twist and turns lol.
So let me get this straight so far:
- So Solus, the previous emperor is being cloned and is an Ascian who found the Empire?! I'm assuming this is Emet Selch?
- Varis is merely a pawn to him?
- I didn't expect fucken Gaius to be a character to return. I see he loves to keep up his badass names as Shadowhunter. Let alone be able to find a way of killing Ascians.
- Curious af who's pulling the Scions away but I'm guessing its to The First?
- Also wondering who that Elezen is with the Katana...

So many questions

royox

So many questions

And all of them will be answered.

Btw it's very clear who the guy with the Katana is xD

I recommend to do the whole lvl50 Crystal Tower thing/quest before ShadowBringers. It's very important for the lore.

Last edited:
A little over halfway through the Shadowbringers campaign and my god some bomb shells were just dropped on the party. So glad I've been on Dark Knight since Heavensward. The class seems so much more fitting and I think I read that the person who wrote all the Dark Knight job quests was the main writer for Shadowbringers as well?

Sub_Level

Beat Shadowbringers last night. What a ride.

The whole thing felt like it belonged in Shin Megami Tensei. Apocalyptic, philosophical, and even biblical. But unlike smt, it had FF tier production values and music. So good.

YukiOnna

And all of them will be answered.

Btw it's very clear who the guy with the Katana is xD

I recommend to do the whole lvl50 Crystal Tower thing/quest before ShadowBringers. It's very important for the lore.
He looks familiar but I can't put my finger on who it is...

And yup I did Crystal Towers. I'm going to assume Crystal Cloak dude is that good friend.

royox

Wait... how.... nothing makes sense if I'm thinking it's that guy.

Maybe a little reminder of the Leviathan MSQ part will help you :D

During the ritual to summon the Lord of the Whorls, they witness the Sahagin Priest has achieved an advanced stage of the Echo that enables him to enter the bodies of his fellow Sahagin upon death only to eventually be absorbed by the newly awakened primal.

And now you remember all the Experiments they did on Krille and the people that have now a "Fake Echo" :messenger_savoring:

If you want more answers...first you must become the Warrior of Darkness
BoilingDependableKinkajou-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:

YukiOnna

Finally onto the start of Shadowbringers and finished 4.56. Needless to say, I love what they've done with the continuing antagonists and each of their paths lol.

Though I'm a bit bothered by who's narrating the starting cutscenes since I play female WoL. Unless that's not WoL?

Top Bottom