• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT2| Y'all Need to Calm Down (Ultimate)

royox

is Eden Savage necessary to progress the storyline?

Savage and Extremes are NEVER necessary for the storyline. They are considered "High End" and are only aimed for players that want a more hard MMO experience (also, for me they are fun as fuck encounters but some of them are really hard).

You can try Eden 1 and 2 in savage with pickups but I think 3 and 4 NOWADAYS need a Static group to do them.

You can pickup for Extreme Trials too, for me as a "Solo player" EX trials and the Alliances are the best content of this game.

YukiOnna

Savage and Extremes are NEVER necessary for the storyline. They are considered "High End" and are only aimed for players that want a more hard MMO experience (also, for me they are fun as fuck encounters but some of them are really hard).

You can try Eden 1 and 2 in savage with pickups but I think 3 and 4 NOWADAYS need a Static group to do them.

You can pickup for Extreme Trials too, for me as a "Solo player" EX trials and the Alliances are the best content of this game.
Yeah, now that I'm caught up with the story I'm tackling all the side stuff and probably EX/Savage, too. Just finished the Four Lords side story in Stormblood, the bosses were fun af and neat little story.

I'll give the beginnings a shot then, but is the Eden storyline something that updates with patches then? Since this is the first time I'm caught up hahaha

royox

I'll give the beginnings a shot then, but is the Eden storyline something that updates with patches then? Since this is the first time I'm caught up hahaha

Ah then your question is understandable xD

I'll tell you how this usually works per patch:

X.0: MSQ with ending, 2 Trials in EXtreme, 1st part of the Raid (4 bosses).

X.1: MSQ keeps going, 1 Trial in Extreme. Usually the the Mistrel's Ballad version of the final MSQ Boss. 1st part of Alliance Raid.

X.2: MSQ keeps going, 1st trial + EXtreme of a new storyline, 2nd part of the Raid (4 bosses)

X.3: MSQ ENDING where the expansion has the "REAL FINAL BOSS" in Trial form and starts moving to the next expansion plotline+ EXtreme, 2nd part of the Alliance Raid.

X.4: MSQ keeps moving to the next expansion, 2nd Trial + EX of the Trial Storyline, 3rd and final part of the Raid (4 Bosses).

X.5: MSQ literally moves to the next expansion and ends with "to be continued", 3rd Trial + EX of the Trial StoryLine with ending, 3rd and final part of the Alliance Raid.

This could change but has been the same since HW, maybe they add something in between like when they added Rathalos out of nowhere during Stormblood.

For you to understand better the terms...when we say Raid we mean Bahamut, Alexander, Omega and Eden. When we say "Alliance Raid" we mean Crystal Tower, Ivalice or the new NIER stuff for 24 players. A trial is just a 1 boss battle, usually a primal.

YukiOnna

Thanks royox royox ! So every other patch is when it should be updated, cool. And I'm assuming the trial storyline is similar to the one I just did with the Four Lords in Stormblood?

Also, do you need to be a crafter to tackle the Doman Enclave Reconstruction? If so, what is recommended class I start with that's easy to get into?

royox

Doman Enclave Reconstruction? If so, what is recommended class I start with that's easy to get into?

That I don't know, I remember starting that Questline as a DPS but I stopped because some stuff had to be done on Mor Dhona (or that i remember) and It was forever forgotten. I don't have crafters/gatherers, can't dedicate that much time to the game :____

And I'm assuming the trial storyline is similar to the one I just did with the Four Lords in Stormblood?

Should be, in HW we had the Warring Triad storyline (Sophia, Zurvan and Sephiroth) and in SB the 4 Lords, we have no idea what the new stuff is going to be about in Shadowbringers or what we are going to fight in the next trial. It's always surprising (till the Trailer Spoils it all xD).

YukiOnna

That I don't know, I remember starting that Questline as a DPS but I stopped because some stuff had to be done on Mor Dhona (or that i remember) and It was forever forgotten. I don't have crafters/gatherers, can't dedicate that much time to the game :____

Should be, in HW we had the Warring Triad storyline (Sophia, Zurvan and Sephiroth) and in SB the 4 Lords, we have no idea what the new stuff is going to be about in Shadowbringers or what we are going to fight in the next trial. It's always surprising (till the Trailer Spoils it all xD).
Oh no worries! Thanks for the answer though, I ended up picking up Mining anyway since I finished much of the current story content (Although I'll tackle The Twinning tomorrow) and I need some gil ASAP, lol. Seems element shards sell at a decent price on my server. Also started Dark Knight even though I'm really nervous about Tanking.

So much side story still to do...

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Thanks royox royox ! So every other patch is when it should be updated, cool. And I'm assuming the trial storyline is similar to the one I just did with the Four Lords in Stormblood?

Also, do you need to be a crafter to tackle the Doman Enclave Reconstruction? If so, what is recommended class I start with that's easy to get into?

Doman Enclave is just you turning in random items that fills to a limit of 20,000 Gil each week. It doesn't have to be any particular class, so just hop in, sell off some of your gil pouches and old gear and you should be good to go.

YukiOnna

Doman Enclave is just you turning in random items that fills to a limit of 20,000 Gil each week. It doesn't have to be any particular class, so just hop in, sell off some of your gil pouches and old gear and you should be good to go.
Sweet! Sounds good. I guess I can just grind shards as a Miner then and make money, lol.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
You mean sell them to vendors? Since I thought they are market prohibited?

The way Doman Enclave works is that you have a "basket" that you can put any item in. This includes random dungeon gear. As I earn a number of random pieces each day, it adds up quickly.

YukiOnna

Any tips on Tanking as a DRK? Since I'm completely new to the role and class. Is there a specific combo when starting out that easily builds up enmity so one straggler doesn't get by to DPS or healers? or should I just use Provoke/Unmend to pick it up?

royox

Any tips on Tanking as a DRK? Since I'm completely new to the role and class. Is there a specific combo when starting out that easily builds up enmity so one straggler doesn't get by to DPS or healers? or should I just use Provoke/Unmend to pick it up?

I don't know how the new DRK works what I know is that you should have a "building gauge" rotation and a "use gauge rotation", also your Tank stance has to be on always and NEVER use Provoque for pulling!

Tanks now work as DPS, I think you have to start with, unmend + plunge and then the SoulEater combo.

Last edited:

YukiOnna

I don't know how the new DRK works what I know is that you should have a "building gauge" rotation and a "use gauge rotation", also your Tank stance has to be on always and NEVER use Provoque for pulling!

Tanks now work as DPS, I think you have to start with, unmend + plunge and then the SoulEater combo.
Yup. I asked my Tank main friend and he said Provoke is only for Trial bosses or harder stuff when the Tank dies or if you need to keep aggro. Otherwise, I should be doing Unmend -> Unleash a couple of times for AoE and then said SE combo.

Yeah, I noticed a lot of the DRK skills in videos of last year are completely gone, lol.

Top Bottom