• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV ad on Gamestop lists PC release

I think it was pull last minute because they know most of the pc sales are fans double dip money. Why sell you 1 copy when they can sell you 2, now that denuvo is still not crack they can stick to this strategy.

Which isnt true though. PC sales arent double dippers, these are a minority when you look at AAA sales on PC released day and date.

Corpekata

Banned
I think it was pull last minute because they know most of the pc sales are fans double dip money. Why sell you 1 copy when they can sell you 2, now that denuvo is still not crack they can stick to this strategy.

This doesn't make a lot of sense given they haven't released a JRPG close enough to launch yet to really gauge this. It's not like their western stuff is typically delayed.

artsi

Yeah pretty much. I mean for god's sake they just put FFIX on PC... I can't imagine a world where the latest installment doesn't also arrive (at some point).

At this rate I feel they will both release the same time :p

Is it Early 2016 yet?

Luigi87

Looks like they decided to pull the PC announcement from this event at the last minute and forgot to call the marketing department to let them know. Lol.

I was thinking that.
I mean it is FF 15, yet they focused on 14 announcements... Which is kind of weird for Squenix considering they're usually obsessive of working with numbers for publicity effect.

Hexa

I was thinking that.
I mean it is FF 15, yet they focused on 14 announcements... Which is kind of weird for Squenix considering they're usually obsessive of working with numbers for publicity effect.

No. There were 15 announcements. The surprise announcement was the Batmobile.

Did you just read what I wrote ? I said sales numbers proves it. It's common sense too. Marketing hype generates far bigger sales than late stealth releases.

They don't. How do you account for someone who was going to buy the console version if it was the only one available and buy the PC version later for better performance but will only stick to PC if it's available day and date?

Which isnt true though. PC sales arent double dippers, these are a minority when you look at AAA sales on PC released day and date.

This is true, if they wait too long, potential customers will just wait for a Steam sale and the numbers will be not as great as they could have been compared to being released Day 1 or even two-three weeks after.

Fardeen

i need the pc version like right now! i would pre order it right now, even if its delayed by a few month i would, i want to get this game on pc by dec 2016

xzeldax3

I'm so glad it's happening because the potential graphics for this game is so far beyond what is on consoles. I just played through the new demo and while it is very pretty, the shimmering aliasing and huge FPS drops are noticeable. The wooded area did not look too hot but the cities and architecture in modern settings look good.

Triblaze

Neo Member
Would love this on PC. I don't mind if it is staggered either, as long as the PC port is quality stuff and they announce it is coming to PC, I will be a happy camper.

They've taken the trouble of bringing almost every FF game over to steam. This one will follow too. They probably just don't want to hurt the console sales or lose potential sales to people who don't think there will be a pc version and possibly have them buy it twice.

They don't. How do you account for someone who was going to buy the console version if it was the only one available and buy the PC version later for better performance but will only stick to PC if it's available day and date?

Because people buying twice the same game at full price for that kind of reason is a niche.
Of course they do, just take the sales of any AAA release on Steam.
Double dippers, unless the game is exceptional, wont get it at a high price and will likely wait for a sale. You also forget the audience itself.

They've taken the trouble of bringing almost every FF game over to steam. This one will follow too. They probably just don't want to hurt the console sales or lose potential sales to people who don't think there will be a pc version and possibly have them buy it twice.

Anyone who falls for the GTAV Theory at this point is we should redefine Useful Idiot to at this point.

Double-Dips only encourage them, people!

Shoutout to Namco for having a doctrine of simultaneous PC and Console releases instead of pulling a PC version out of their hat after the UI's bought-in assuming there wouldn't be a PC version despite the exact same thing happening last time

kneePat

Got the Ultimate Collector's Edition on PS4.
Will scalp if it comes to PC.

What if its only digital? That logo in the ad is this:

pmFjLqL.png

This logo is ripped from another PC digital only Square Enix title - Rise of the Tomb Raider.

Because people buying twice the same game at full price for that kind of reason is a niche.
Of course they do, just take the sales of any AAA release on Steam.
Double dippers, unless the game is exceptional, wont get it at a high price and will likely wait for a sale. You also forget the audience itself.

Let's agree to disagree then.

Busaiku

What if its only digital? That logo is this:

pmFjLqL.png

That logo is ripped from another PC digital only Square Enix title - Rise of the Tomb Raider.
Bleh, that'd suck.
Worst case scenario for me, cause I would play it on PC, but I want the Ultimate Collector's Edition, so I'd end up paying for both...
It's a PC game. Of course it's probably digital only.
Other PC games have gotten collector's sets.
I can hope!

Wagram

The game literally screams "play me on PC." The frame rate is awful and the IQ is pretty rough. They really need a day and date PC version.

Well, well, well, well, well, well-y, well, WELL

looky

what

we

have

here

Square...wtf? Why not just announce it?

Maybe they didn't have the demo ready for PC and didn't want to cause confusion or ill will with all the frenzy right now.

Which is funny, considering that they played the demo during the event using that Logitech controller hooked up to on a PC. It had loads of screen tearing the PS4 ver doesn't have tho.

Either that, or they did it to be platform agnostic. I know for a fact that the PS3 supported a certain logictech controller (Logitech Dual Action, I believe) that I used to play Folklore one time back around 09/10. Maybe the PS4 supports dinput controllers, too?

I wonder what an nVidia PhysX logo is doing in the license menu of the FFXV Platinum Demo?

I kid, I know its nothing. Probably.

Console games have used CPU implementations of Physx since the PS3/360 era.

Top Bottom