• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV aiming for 60FPS/1080p on PS4 Pro | UP - dated Feb 21st

N.A

Banned
Just announced on the stream. Also has 4k (non-native)/30fps mode.

Edit: The 1080p mode will have an unlocked framerate it sounds as though it won't be near a constant 60 (at least at launch).

modhijack:
http://gematsu.com/2016/11/final-fa...mo-launches-november-11-japan-ps4-pro-details

"Square Enix also shared new details about the game’s planned PlayStation 4 Pro support. An update adding 4K and HDR support will be released alongside the game on November 29, but they want to release an update that has been optimized a bit more at a later date. They want to release another PlayStation 4 Pro update in December as well, which aims to implement support for 1080p at 60 frames per second on HDTVs. They’re currently at the tuning stage, but have it running roughly between 40 and 50 frames per second."

Well I feel even better about my Pro. This was the game I am looking forward to the most on the console. Purchased redeemed.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Related

http://gematsu.com/2016/11/list-ps4-pro-enhanced-japanese-games

Sony Interactive Entertainment Japan has published a list of currently confirmed title enhanced with PlayStation 4 Pro. We already know about all of the western games on the list, but many of the Japanese games on the list are newly confirmed to support the platform.

Out Now
Knack (SIE) – Supported with the latest update
Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X HD – Supported with the latest update
Pro Evolution Soccer 2017 (Konami) – Support planned
Utawarerumono: The Two Hakuoros (Aquaplus) – Supported with the latest update
BlazBlue: Central Fiction (Arc SYstem Works) – Supported with the latest update
The Playroom VR (SIE)
Hatsune Miku: VR Future Live (Sega)
World of Final Fantasy (Square Enix) – Supported with the latest update
Berserk and the Band of the Hawk (Koei Tecmo)
Atelier Firis: The Alchemist and the Mysterious Journey (Gust)
Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star (Marvelous)

Upcoming Games
Samurai Warriors: Sanada Maru (Koei Tecmo)
Final Fantasy XV (Square Enix) – Support Planned
The Last Guardian (SIE)
Yakuza 6 (Sega)
Nights of Azure 2: Bride of the New Moon (Gust)
Romance of the Three Kingdoms XIII with Power-Up Kit (Koei Tecmo)
SG/ZH School Girl/Zombie Hunter (D3 Publisher)
New Danganronpa V3: Everyone’s New Semester of Killing (Spike Chunsoft)
Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8: Final Chapter Prologue (Square Enix)
Gravity Rush 2 (SIE)
Valkyria: Azure Revolution (Sega)
Birthdays the Beginning (Arc System Works)
Resident Evil 7: biohazard (Capcom)
Resident Evil 7: biohazard Grotesque Ver. (Capcom)

Jim-Carrey-Smile-Shrug-Bruce-Almighty.gif

Vuze

That's ambitious considering the utter shit performance of the last demo I've tried on OG PS4. Kudos if they manage a stable 1080p60.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
That's ambitious considering the utter shit performance of the last demo I've tried on OG PS4. Kudos if they manage a stable 1080p60.

That demo is garbage. The game will have a solid performance on a stock PS4, let alone Pro.

I hope the 4K/30fps is a really solid lock 30fps. 1080p/60fps is ambitious and appreciated but I really think I'd rather have the image quality cleanup from the 4K supersample in a game like FFXV, going off of the graphics presentation in Duscae and Platinum. I know both are quite old builds, but I'll be sure to try everything when it comes out. If 1080/60fps is super stable, it might be alright, even in spite of the ongoing IQ issues FFXV seems to continuously present. I hope that the 4K is checkerboarded since OP says it's not native.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Solid.

Playing Ratchet and Clank now on my Pro and it looks fucking godley.

Can't wait to see more games running on it. Loving the performance vs IQ options many devs are going with.

Both parties can be satisfied with every game now. Such a great time to be a player.

Trace

Banned
I hope the 4K/30fps is a really solid lock 30fps. 1080p/60fps is ambitious and appreciated but I really think I'd rather have the image quality cleanup from the 4K supersample in a game like FFXV, going off of the graphics presentation in Duscae and Platinum. I know both are quite old builds, but I'll be sure to try everything when it comes out. If 1080/60fps is super stable, it might be alright, even in spite of the ongoing IQ issues FFXV seems to continuously present. I hope that the 4K is checkerboarded since OP says it's not native.

They did state earlier in the stream it would be checkerboarded.

UrbanRats

Nice.
At this point i'll wait to get both once the patch is out.

EDIT: No, "nice" doesn't cut it, i respect them immensely for targeting 60 fps.
It'd be cool to even have a 1080p 30fps mode with improved graphical features (LOD, foliage, shadow res, etc) like Tomb Raider.

benzy

The ATR mentioned it's using the checkerboard technique. 1080p mode will no doubt be downsampled.

NightOnyx

Awesome! I just ordered my Pro, so this makes me very happy to hear. It's the next game I'm getting, so I was hoping it would get some good improvements.

Stuff like this is exactly why I am getting a PS4 Pro.

Glad I waited on buying a PS4 all these years. All the good exclusives/console exclusives finally starting to come out as well. lol

artsi

Based Tabata.

Never believed when people said FFXV won't have significant changes for Pro :p

And I'm picking up my Pro today!

Eje3Hn4.gif

Jb

I think NieR was confirmed to have Pro support a while back. Pretty much every SE game does these days so I doubt it will be the exception.

Hopefully. Obviously the game will already run at a good framerate but some better IQ and less pop in would be nice.

DKHF

Cool for those that will have Pro's (not me yet). Nice that they are gonna fully make use of PS4P for FFXV.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
1080p unlocked isn't the same as 1080p60. Should be interesting to see how variable it is. Still as long as the lock to 30 option is there it's good to have.

benzy

1080p unlocked isn't the same as 1080p60. Should be interesting to see how variable it is. Still as long as the lock to 30 option is there it's good to have.

They're still targeting 60fps and are working on it instead of just simply leaving it unlocked without optimization.

Top Bottom