• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV E3 2016 Trailer

So maybe Noctis friends become the new Kingsglaive for the new King Noctis. This is probably really an end game stuff.

Return of the King!

I'm still wondering if Hooded guy is still the main villain.. My theory was always that the crystal turns idola young but heh who knows.

What is SE doing..?

Tabata stated yesterday that this is just something they did quickly and don't even know if it's going to be DLC or a separate product.. Seems like a down the road kinda thing. In its current form FFXV VR just takes battle segments from the game that's what I got from the interview with Geoff, it's some sort of duckhunt just randomly shooting.

Burbeting

Banned
If the rumors are true that Sony wants neo version of games releasing from October onwards, I'll be very concerned about the state of this game. But we'll see.

Desi

Watched the trailer again and...it's fine! I really wanted more new stuff but the juxtaposition of the music and what I was expecting threw me off. A lot of good scenes in there but I would have like to see some more story stuff, summons, Job Class bosses, and new populated town locations. Still we got speeding pass an exploding train, airship controls, Ardyn, and leviathan trying to eat Noct and Prompto.

Watched the trailer again and...it's fine! I really wanted more new stuff but the juxposion of the music and what I was expecting threw me off. A lot of good scenes in there but I would have like to see some more story stuff, summons, Job Class bosses, and new populated town locations. Still we got speeding pass a exploding train, airship controls, Ardyn, and leviathan trying to eat Noct and Prompto.

Agreed, would be nice to see more from farther into the game to instill more confidence in its development state. I actually liked the weirdness of the trailer though, starting with Noct's fall and ending with creepy Ardyn.

Maybe if Tabata shows some nice looking gameplay at his ATR later today it will calm some of the furor (and if we get confirmation that the "leak" isn't the real deal).

Asd202

Return of the King!

I'm still wondering if Hooded guy is still the main villain.. My theory was always that the crystal turns idola young but heh who knows.

Nah that Chancellor dude is the main villan 100%. There trying to make a new Kefka at least that's what I think.

And that's exactly what I fear: is there anything else in the game to show? This must be very well the "RAGE" of "FF", with sudden ending and cut out content. Shitty feelings in almost 20 yrs of being a fan of this series.If they're even failing to get a blind fanatic like me interested they're doing something really wrong here. And it doesn't have anything to do with the dubstep song of course, it's the gameplay that looks so bland and terrible. And that's not something I expect from a main FF where at least Battle Systems have always being great.

Holy shit I agree with Perfo word for word. Someone shoot me to see if I'm alive.

That said, the content of this trailer isn't that bad.

Desi

Did anyone see that Star Destroyer in the trailer? When Noctis teleported into one of the enemy airships there was a Star Destroyer in the background. Any guess what those three enemies were that glowed that the party was fighting in the darkness? reminds me of the sisters from FFV/FFX summon.

Philippo

I really ain't mad at the whole VR thing, it's just a side experiment and as such is treated with a funny attitude.

Also Prompto doing the thumb up was legit hilarious, i need a gif.

Man, I've been looking back on the final 2009 trailers at E3 and TGS for Final Fantasy XIII and it's like night and day compared to what we got today.

E3 2009 Conference Trailer - 6 Months Prior to Release
E3 2009 - Intro w/ Gameplay Demo - I remember this being in Microsoft's Xbox conference
TGS 2009 - 11 Weeks Prior to Japanese Release

You've got nostalgia goggles on.

These trailers were horrible then and they're horrible now.

They're all show and have very little gameplay. No surprise that FF13 ended up being a tunnel.

They literally released the game without having shown a shred of in world gameplay.

At least XV has that going for it and has been very transparent. Those awful 13 trailers you showed were the least transparent trailers ever, and only caused frustration for me due to their emphasis on the animu looking story. I could smell shit a mile away, and when the JP version released it was obvious that Final Fantasy was fucking done and now irrelevant (at least for that era).

FFXV e3 2016 trailer is light years above this dog shit you posted and you should feel ashamed that you think those trailers are better. All they show is a bunch of cgi clips and battle system clips. Usually with the same crappy battle theme song. By the time that game came out I already hated its battle theme.

FF13 always looked like shit to me due to its trailers and the game itself was no different than its trailers: a bunch incomprehensible "story" sections with terminology that makes no sense and good battles.

But miss me at "these are better than what SE has released today". They are far worse and as bad as XV's gameplay stuff recently has been, I don't smell absolute shit from them like I did with XIII's.

I dare you to watch the Stand By Me trailer and the E3 2016 FFXV trailer and compare to the XIII trailer drek you posted. Actual gameplay. Actual world. Actual things to do. It's night and fucking day. You're bonkers.

For context, this game had been in development hell for years. Behind doors trailers. Zero gameplay shown besides battles. I paid 80-90 dollars for the demo, and it was a literal walk from point A to point B. But there was hope the final game would be more open. But the more of the game we saw, it was clear there wasn't because they weren't showing it. If SE had it to show they would have shown it. Because SE is generally proud of the worlds they create. So when the game came out in Japan and it was a cooridor running battle fest, I for one wasn't shocked. FFXV's footage has been much better. I didn't play Duscae because after FFXIII my days of paying that company to beta test their shit is a life time away, but it looks far better than XIII in every category except battles.

raven777

hopefully TGS/launch trailers have some more story cutscene stuff..
Like I want to see stuff like Noctis interacting with Luna, At this point I am not expecting much from battle system, so I just want to see more on the character, story and the environment.

Speaking of which, what was the point of that?

You know how in some jp game trailers like in MGS trailers and they show something quirky? Often with some humor? It reminds me of that. Except, well, there's nothing really quirky about it. Tabata and his team probably think it's legitimately entertaining and that we should be amazed by what we saw.

Speaking of which, what was the point of that?

Possibilities:

1. To highlight the scale of the play space
2. To highlight that shit ain't easy for Noct
3. To grab the viewer's attention right off the bat in an unusual way
4. just random bullshit that someone thought was funny

I have no idea -- but somehow it felt like it worked w/ the weird feel of the rest of the trailer.

dubq

I've not followed this game much, but is the combat now in the vein of the musou/warriors games? Basically, action oriented with "abilities"?

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Damn what a bad music choice!
Music has to be tailored for the game, a game won't become "cool" just because you slap a track you think is "cool"

Despera

Banned
Damn what a bad music choice!
Music has to be tailored for the game, a game won't become "cool" just because you slap a track you think is "cool"
Especially for a series well known for god-tier music.

I thought the track worked well in the first few seconds before it went all WUB WUB WUB though. And that chocobo theme mix was good.

chefbags

Holy fuck this ATR is embarrassing. It makes sense to recap yesterday but they're just fucking talking nonsense in between what they're supposed to talk about. Like a casual conversation.

Alucrid

Banned
Sounds like the FF XV vr demo will be DLC for the main game and not a separate purchase. From the Gamespot stream it was sounded like a free extra, but it was never really clarified.

You have one of the best composers in the industry and you decide to go with wub wub shit?

Is like having Ennio Morricone in your movie and you decide to go with David Guetta for the trailer.

The marketing behind this game has been so try—hard that hurts.

chefbags

It's legitimately trash don't waste your time.

Yeah lol I'm watching it right now and they're fucking marketing another game. Not the actual ffxv that comes out in September.

And the managers are just so casual and I honestly feel are unprofessional at this ATR.

Zaverious

A King's Tale: Final Fantasy XV was announced for PS4 and Xbox One. A 2D beat em up set 30 years before FFXV focused on a young Regis. Comes with preorders.

UberTag

A King's Tale: Final Fantasy XV was announced for PS4 and Xbox One. A 2D beat em up set 30 years before FFXV focused on a young Regis. Comes with preorders.
Seems like another hook to boost Day 1 sales numbers for the game that's independent of the game itself.
Most games actually show the game to do that instead of showing mobile games, CGI movies, anime, bundled prequel beat-em-ups, etc.
No shortage of distracting window dressing here.

Top Bottom