• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV EGX Livestream

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mailbox

Extremely happy with the ff9 tracks (and dissidia arrangements) that are included :3

Playing over the hill will be damn bliss! (Well, that and Vamo’ alla flamenco along with Festival of the Hunt are gonna take up the majority of my driving song experience :p)

Tyaren

Little comparison of the Duscae region over time. :)

Tech demo, November 2014:

jZAmlIy.jpg

Final_Fantasy_XV_1080p_screens_17_11_1.jpg

Episode Duscae demo, March 2015:

Gamescom master version, August 2016:

Retail version, end of 2016:

So which version do you like best? :)

see guys.. we had nothing to worry about. :D

edit: Since we don't normally get to see such early versions of other FF games, i wonder if all FFs go through this crazy graphic change process. I mean i expect it near the beginning of production, but it still changing with only months to go? is that normal in game development?

I prefer the retail version, but I really want cloud shadows T__T. Like, that was what I was most excited about besides motion blur - as dumb as that sounds. We haven't seen them on console since the PAX 15 driving footage, so I'm just hoping they're still there.

Macrotus

This cafe thing, is that something other Japanese companies do? Or is SE just being weird?

It seems kinda funny to call it a Square Enix cafe when it's 99% FFXV.

I remember Capcom did a Bio Hazard (Resident Evil) cafe and Monster Hunter Cafe.

gFceIKQ.jpg

1. Jill Valentine Cocktail
2. Leon Kennedy Cocktail
3 Uroboros Pasta
4. Umbrella Cake
5. Kerberos Curry

I also found an article in English about the Monster Hunter Cafe
http://en.rocketnews24.com/2015/11/...er-cafe-with-exclusive-monster-hunter-x-menu/

.JayZii

Banned
I'm surprised they didn't go for Eyes on Me or To Zanarkand, but there is a ton of great music on the car radio. Do we know if you buy the tracks at shops or if they unlock a different way?

Tyaren

Yes, we saw it in the gameplay demos too. What we didn't see: How and where are they getting new clothes? They also haven't talked about if and how much more alternate costumes there will be in the game. I really hate Noctis' casual outfit, so I hope there is more. :/

tumblr_oe10s3edm61sd29ego4_r1_250.gif
tumblr_oe10s3edm61sd29ego3_r1_250.gif

Ray Down

Banned
Final Fantasy XV ESRB rating & description:

Final Fantasy XV is rated Teen for Language, Mild Blood, Partial Nudity and Violence. Read on for the full details.

This is an action role-playing game (RPG) in which players control a prince and his friends as they attempt to save a kingdom from evil forces. From a third-person perspective, players move around battlefields and city environments, perform various quests, and battle an assortment of human and fantastical enemies (e.g., demons, titans). Characters use swords, guns, and magic attacks (e.g., exploding fireballs, blasts of ice) to defeat soldiers and oversized animals in frenetic combat. Fights are highlighted by cries of pain, dramatic light effects, and realistic gunfire. A handful of cutscenes depict characters impaled on swords; one cutscene involves a woman being stabbed off-screen; another scene depicts a character with a bloodstained wound. During the course of the game, some female characters are depicted topless, with breasts that lack discernible details (i.e., no nipples). The word “sh*t” appears in the dialogue.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Final Fantasy XV ESRB rating & description:

Final Fantasy XV is rated Teen for Language, Mild Blood, Partial Nudity and Violence. Read on for the full details.

This is an action role-playing game (RPG) in which players control a prince and his friends as they attempt to save a kingdom from evil forces. From a third-person perspective, players move around battlefields and city environments, perform various quests, and battle an assortment of human and fantastical enemies (e.g., demons, titans). Characters use swords, guns, and magic attacks (e.g., exploding fireballs, blasts of ice) to defeat soldiers and oversized animals in frenetic combat. Fights are highlighted by cries of pain, dramatic light effects, and realistic gunfire. A handful of cutscenes depict characters impaled on swords; one cutscene involves a woman being stabbed off-screen; another scene depicts a character with a bloodstained wound. During the course of the game, some female characters are depicted topless, with breasts that lack discernible details (i.e., no nipples). The word “sh*t” appears in the dialogue.

Luna gets stabbed off screen!? Did they just spoil a plot point!? Also, i guess the naked girl is referring to shiva

Isn't that
Luna/Ravus mother? She literally gets stabbed in Kingsglaive, maybe they recreated the scene in game

That's what I was thinking. They are likely going to show some flashbacks in this game. They might have another version of what we say in the
opening of Kingsglaive

A handful of cutscenes depict characters impaled on swords; one cutscene involves a woman being stabbed off-screen; another scene depicts a character with a bloodstained wound. During the course of the game, some female characters are depicted topless, with breasts that lack discernible details (i.e., no nipples). The word “sh*t” appears in the dialogue.

Ah, it's good the Final Fantasy legacy of a 'character impaled on sword' is being continued in FFXV. Memories. So there will be lots of stabbing and impaling for everyone! Stabs all around.

Don't stab Luna, don't stab Luna...

It's not Square's fault, obviously, but I always think rating systems are hysterical - Shiva's wearing an absolutely minuscule amount of clothing, but that still gets you a Teen rating. A woman's nipple, though? Too far! Poor nipples.

Xliskin

Agreed. Type-0 but no Tactics?

serusly, Type 0 has the best FF OSts in recent years IMO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlNE2yA-Pu4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7S912uM1Xwc

Just sad they didn't include this awesome track :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rz7h4Vj4hM4

Different spots so can not judge which better but the final version seems ok to me

Doesn't seem like the full view of the world map. It's mostly similar to the old one except it's zoomed in closer on the duscae and lucil region.

That twitter user posted a first (blurry) look at Niflheim in daytime too.

CtlLzWKUkAAgtOF.jpg:orig

Having trouble parsing this image. What is the big geometric figure in the sky?

Doesn't seem like the full view of the world map. It's mostly similar to the old one except it's zoomed in closer on the duscae and lucil region.

The buildings remind me of Zozo and parts of Midgar.

Explorable Nifelheim city would be amazing, however I'm expecting a dungeon at best considering the lack of footage.

Well it really seems like we have a lack of footage of most areas in the game unless everything is in that one area in and around duscae.

sappyday

Explorable Nifelheim city would be amazing, however I'm expecting a dungeon at best considering the lack of footage.

I hope we at least get some view into the lifestyle of Nifelheim at least. Is everyone there free to do what they want? Are they slaves? Etc etc.

JBwB

Haha I knew it! That
night time car sequence in the Afrojack trailer
took place in Niflheim.

DeSolos

CDEKC0vWIAE319I.jpg

'mura's vision!!!!

CDEKC0vWIAE319I.jpg

'mura's vision!!!!

The original art also gives it a Vector feel. Basically, Niflheim is a more rundown, industrial version of Insomnia. The part in Kingsglaive where
Iedolas comments on Insomnia's beauty paling in comparison to all the lands under his rule was no joke. Though, in the opening when Luna is talking about the nations and they show Iedolas, Ardyn and the Magitek Soldiers, the room they are all standing in has walls made up of metal plating with bolted together and lots of various pipes running along the walls. Reminds me of the opening CG movie of the PS1 version of FFVI where they show Biggs and Wedge accompanying Terra along a long walkway in Vector. Hell, they even pull into Vector from a distance and there is a high, suspended bridge carrying a train through the city.

DeSolos

Do you think they'll be able to add grass shadows for the Pro version? Or is that currently too taxing on console?

Grass shadows are probably a no go. Cascaded shadow maps are very CPU intensive and both Pro and PS4 have laughable CPUs.

As a compromise, they developed a special ambient occlusion solution specifically for the grass so it at least casts a soft shadow. I think it gives an overall pleasing look and does a lot to make the world feel a lot less flat.

I'd also say that in these latest shots FFXV looks a lot more cohesive then it ever has in the past. Even the vaunted October build, for good reason as it was still in development, was really lacking in the consistency department. There was a lot of detail in the close and mid range, but it was a really hard fall off after that.

Still wish they'd attempt to match the post processing look of the October build. It had a really nice subtle HDR bloom. I think that would really put a nice finishing touch on the image and would give it a very filmic look.

mortal

Gold Member
I don't want to admit it to myself, but I think I've finally fell out of love with this game.
The more I see, the less compelling it all looks :\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom