• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV English Voice Actor #2 - Katy Townsend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lepcis Magna

Neo Member
We are on FY 2013. FY 2014 starts in April in Japan.

It doesn't say FY 2014. It says "Fiscal year ending March 31, 2014". If you clic the link "FY2014" the website does nothing (because FY2014 hasn't started yet), if you clic "FY2013" you get to the part of the page which says "Fiscal year ending March 31, 2014".
Welp, looks like SE just erased the entire fiscal year ending on March 31, 2013.

Amendment: when I click on those links, am I supposed to look at the chart that's at the very top of the page? Or should I look at the middle one? None of the links direct me to March 31, 2013.

Famassu

Considering theyre still tinkering with the engine, no its not two years at least.
They've been in full production from July 2011 or at least started gearing up to it then and made decent progress with the project for 1,5 years before that on a smaller team, as per Nomura's words. Sounds believable, as at least the PS3-quality world was fully traversable just a few months later. The move to next-gen was probably a bit of a set-back and I'm not sure how much XIV still affected XV, but they were in full production mode then (maybe not quite with the kind of team a game of this size would usually get, at first, but probably with a sizable team still). Tinkering with the engine often happens until the game is finished, so that tells us absolutely nothing about anything (unless it's a situation like Crystal Tools, in which they didn't manage to finish any kind of sensible version of them in a reasonable timeframe). Feels like DriveClub devs were changing how their engine handled anti-aliasing almost daily at one point and, IIRC, some MLB dev said they changed the way lighting works in theirs just a day or two before they released the first images of MLB to the world. FFXV has been using a custom engine that uses some parts from Luminous (i.e. lighting, cutscene creation etc.), but some are custom made. They've just been thinking of moving fully to Luminous, but I'm not sure if that's too much of a problem. They can still work with the engine they already have while switching stuff.

TheTux

Updated my previous post with the Events dates, FY 2014 already started.

A last edit, because I mentioned Nintendo too: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=759731

Nintendo Q3 2014 Earnings Release (through December 2013)

Welp, looks like SE just erased the entire fiscal year ending on March 31, 2013.

Amendment: when I click on those links, am I supposed to look at the chart that's at the very top of the page? Or should I look at the middle one? None of the links direct me to March 31, 2013.

In Japan,[10] the government's financial year runs from 1 April to 31 March. The fiscal year is represented by the calendar year in which the period begins followed by the word nendo (年度); for example the fiscal year from 1 April 2010 to 31 March 2011 is called 2010–nendo.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiscal_year#Japan

zhorkat

That's exactly what I mean, The links FY2013, FY2012, FY2011 work. FY2014 doesn't.

If you know something about links and HTML here's the piece of code:

The link FY2014 tries to redirect you to the part of the page with the div id equal to "y2014" but there's no such div since FY2014 hasn't started yet.

There's actually two sections with a div id of y2013, corresponding to the 2014 and 2013 sections. Then the 2012 section has a div id of y2012, the 2011 section has a div id of y2011, and so on.

TheTux

There's actually two sections with a div id of y2013, corresponding to the 2014 and 2013 sections. Then the 2012 section has a div id of y2012, the 2011 section has a div id of y2011, and so on.

You're right.

Anyway back to the thread. Shuoldn't english localization be one of the latests phases of a JPN project?

Man... everyone is so serious in here. Cynics will always be cynical. Optimists will always be optimistic.

I want to avatar bet Kayos or Kagari for fun. :)

my optimism is still here nearly 8 years on :p

I like to think I am a realist and practical but I could see how some might view some of my opinions as optimistic. Which I don't mind. I'd rather be optimistic/realistic than be pessimistic and cynical all the time. I've been there. It's tiring and honestly not very fun to be cynical all the time.

There's a fine line between being a cautious realist and a cynic.

FFXV should be out at some point next year.. I don't see it being bushed till 2016, it's their number one project at the moment.

And Sadly I don't see FFXVI being released this generation at all, they will be too busy milking FFXV's world.

The age when we used to see 3 main Final Fantasy games per generation is behind us.

We are living in a age when every main numbered FF game turns into trilogy -_-"

I like to think I am a realist and practical but I could see how some might view some of my opinions as optimistic. Which I don't mind. I'd rather be optimistic/realistic than be pessimistic and cynical all the time. I've been there. It's tiring and honestly not very fun to be cynical all the time.

There's a fine line between being a cautious realist and a cynic.

I'm with you brother. Optimistic fans are just more fun to talk to. Goodness knows I feel bad enough when the game gets delayed or when they're quiet about it for a time as it is. I would hate to feel that way all the time.

Besides, all this voice actor stuff makes me think that SE is sincerely shooting for a simultaneous release as first advertised, despite everything that's changed between then and now. You're seeing more Japanese games do it, Pokemon and Tales of for instance. I've got my fingers crossed that XV will follow that trend.

Lepcis Magna

Neo Member
I'm with you brother. Optimistic fans are just more fun to talk to. Goodness knows I feel bad enough when the game gets delayed or when they're quiet about it for a time as it is. I would hate to feel that way all the time.

Besides, all this voice actor stuff makes me think that SE is sincerely shooting for a simultaneous release as first advertised, despite everything that's changed between then and now. You're seeing more Japanese games do it, Pokemon and Tales of for instance. I've got my fingers crossed that XV will follow that trend.
Is there a Brotherhood of optimism going on? ;P

In all seriousness, as funny (read: questionable) as SE's decisions might have been in the past––and probably will be in the imminent future––the whole realistic pessimism business isn't exactly helping. Keeping expectations low (or high, for that matter) isn't going to affect the development time. Might as well picket the Shinjuku office.

Which reminds me, how exactly are fans supposed to go about demanding XII HD? Buy the X|X-2 HD Remaster? Send letters to Tokyo?

Go_Ly_Dow

Is there a Brotherhood of optimism going on? ;P

The cult of Versus was formed in 2009. The leader will always remain anon.

We went quiet shortly after the 2011 reveal because we felt a change in the air. After 2 years at the start of 2013 we emerged from the woodwork and believed so much that we were able to cause a miracle and get the game changed to a mainline next-gen exclusive title at E3 as wished. Along with that we also started development of Kingdom Hearts 3 to appease fringe followers.

To join us you simply need to accept that everything is OK and stop fretting. That is all.

and yes, they will assess demand for future HD remasters titles via the sales of current ones.

We went quiet shortly after the 2011 reveal because we felt a change in the air. After 2 years at the start of 2013 we emerged from the woodwork and believed so much that we were able to cause a miracle and get the game changed to a mainline next-gen exclusive title at E3 as wished. Along with that we also started development of Kingdom Hearts 3 to appease fringe followers.

To join us you simply need to accept that everything is OK and stop fretting. That is all.

and yes, they will assess demand for future HD remasters titles via the sales of current ones.

Amen.

The XVersus brotherhood alliance, The Sons of Noctis

Noctis's Creed XV: Brotherhood

Lepcis Magna

Neo Member
All we need now is a trailer with Noctis facing off against Idola and his men, then all of a sudden, one of the enemy troops falls because Prompto snipes him from a rooftop. Then the Brotherhood (i.e. Noctis's other friends) reveal themselves.
And then we watch it unfold all over again in the inevitable Tobuscus literal version.

Which gets me curious. Will Prompto's arsenal include sniper rifles?

Amendment:
Beautiful.

Your post above also demonstrates a typical followers response. Such calm grace and pride.

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=102002663

We shall use this for future reference. The leader will be pleased.
Why does XVersus sound so familiar?

I'm just glad I'm not the only one who remains positive with my chin up, thus a brotherhood was form today and I'm proud to be apart of it. I hope they do a SE FFXV ps4 bundle I'm holding off on that or Phantom pain SE depending which releases first..( I want the XV one =])

raven777

I'm just glad I'm not the only one who remains positive with my chin up, thus a brotherhood was form today and I'm proud to be apart of it. I hope they do a SE FFXV ps4 bundle I'm holding off on that or Phantom pain SE depending which releases first..( I want the XV one =])

The reason why I still don't have a PS4 :)

Lepcis Magna

Neo Member
XII, XIII, and XIII-2 all got Japan-only bundles with custom designed consoles. LR technically has a bundle, too, but it seems to be extremely limited (even more so than the other ones).

It's safe to say that SE will come up with something for XV as well – in Japan only, probably.

You can always make your own sticker and cover your PS4 with it, as other Japanese players have been doing, heh.

*cries in a corner because she doesn't yet have a PS4* Nah, I'm in no rush to get one.

XII, XIII, and XIII-2 all got Japan-only bundles with custom designed consoles. LR technically has a bundle, too, but it seems to be extremely limited (even more so than the other ones).

It's safe to say that SE will come up with something for XV as well – in Japan only, probably.

You can always make your own sticker and cover your PS4 with it, as other Japanese players have been doing, heh.

*cries in a corner because she doesn't yet have a PS4* Nah, I'm in no rush to get one.

Believe brother I think a lot of merchandise SE is gonna put out to recoup , someone needs to post that epic pic of noctis sitting on the throne patiently waiting quite ironic when you think about it

Lepcis Magna

Neo Member
Have you folks noticed that, as of today, we still have not seen Noctis actually talk?

Yes, we've heard his voice. Yes, we've seen his lips move. But we haven't seen the two events synchronized together save for one short instance (2011 trailer - "goodbye" - before heading off to the party).

Amendment: Okay, it's hard to tell, but maybe that last CG scene of the E3/TGS/PS4 lineup trailer with Noctis and Cor might also be one of those instances (assuming Cor can communicate telepathically, but Noctis's lips don't seem to match what he's supposedly saying).

Exentryk

I hope they do a SE FFXV ps4 bundle I'm holding off on that or Phantom pain SE depending which releases first..( I want the XV one =])

Soon...

BhDDs0mCMAADWK7.jpg

TheTux

Have you folks noticed that, as of today, we still have not seen Noctis actually talk?

Yes, we've heard his voice. Yes, we've seen his lips move. But we haven't seen the two events synchronized together save for one short instance (2011 trailer - "goodbye" - before heading off to the party).

Amendment: Okay, it's hard to tell, but maybe that last CG scene of the E3/TGS/PS4 lineup trailer with Noctis and Cor might also be one of those instances (assuming Cor can communicate telepathically, but Noctis's lips don't seem to match what he's supposedly saying).

Nah you actually see him talking in the end of the 2011 Trailer. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiIx9VJWSl8

doing the lords work

not sure what the static is that you're talking about, but I see some beautiful marble

If you watch it in motion, the texture swims around quickly like watching "snow" on an old TV set. It was the only part of the trailer that looked glaringly unfinished to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom