• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV european boxart revealed

Ydelnae

81VmQArFsIL._SL1500_.jpg

81GLo4v5nxL._SL1500_.jpg

Special edition contains limited edition steelbox (not the same one included in the Deluxe Edition) and DLC weapon for Noctis 'Masanume'.

Source: Amazon Spain

EDIT: Just to clarify, the Special Edition is not the same as the Deluxe Edition, which cointains Kingsglaive and is also releasing on Europe.

mcz117chief

Day One edition contains limited edition steelbox and DLC weapon for Noctis 'Masanume'.

Very nice of them to give a steelbox with every purchase, I still have the special edition pre-ordered for that really pretty steelbox but I might get myself a second copy since I love steelboxes that much.

Aters

Ahh. Tabata talks about tradition all the time. He should respect the tradition of FF boxart. Not that it's bad, it just doesn't feel right.

Infest

Uhm that's the special edition that you can buy at Saturn/Mediamarkt Germany. I doubt that's the official european boxart for the game's standard version. .

m4st4

Ahh. Tabata talks about tradition all the time. He should respect the tradition of FF boxart. Not that it's bad, it just doesn't feel right.

On the contrary? FFXV is a tradition breaker in many aspects. That's his whole idea. Plus if you want tradition you can have this one:

sku2.png

NateDog

It's OK but I don't think it really evokes what it's trying to. Plus I don't see it really drawing people towards it.

Ydelnae

Looks like ass.

I want my simple white background Final Fantasy XV boxart.

Tell me there's a regular edition with the plain white. What is this crap?

There's still the standard version of the game to be revealed, which apparently has a different boxart.

It clearly says that this is some kind of Special Edition. Even amazon spain has a separate listing for the Day One.

I doubt that all copies will feature this art.

Ydelnae

"Day One edition" was just a placeholder, guys. It's been renamed Special Edition.

00_xxl.jpg

There's also the regular edition which doesn't include DLC and it's just the game in a standard PS4/XBO case.

Game is out in 4 months, and all of their promotional material are stills and images from things that we've already seen many times (some since 2013).

Fbh

For a special edition it's OK.

But overall I don't like it. Doesn't seem to really reflect the type of game they are going for (at least from what they have shown)

Ydelnae

Well, I'm checking and the standard edition seems to have been erased for many retailer. I think we are just going to get the Special Edition and the Deluxe Edition at launch, so yeah, this is FFXV's launch cover for Europe I guess.

"Day One edition" was just a placeholder, guys. It's been renamed Special Edition.

There's also the regular edition which doesn't include DLC and it's just the game in a standard PS4/XBO case.

How do you know that? Amazon still has listings for both and Day One Editions usually just have DLC, not an entire Steelbook.

Most likely there will be Day One (= Standard), Special (= this one) and whatever Deluxe versions they have. Why would all copies be a "Special Edition"?

Infest

00_xxl.jpg

uhm no.
There's a Day One Edition AND a Special Edition ( also a deluxe edition and an Ultimate collector's edition of course). The special edition (which includes this Regis holding Noctis steelbook) is exclusive to certain stores though.

Philippo

Sure it's not the white background + logo (bet that's the reversible cover), but its leagues ahead of what Japan and US are getting.

Top Bottom