• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV first 45 minute gameplay video (final build of the game)

Aters

I would say this is near final but not quite.. it hasnt gone gold yet no? anyway delay was definitely warranted.

Doesn't gone gold means the game is ready for printing? Given that the game is already sent for certification, I think unless Sony and MS find something wrong, it's done.

wmlk

Graphics look meh

Lucis is just an underwhelming area. I think they really wanted to make the place look believable, but it was probably too much. Even on XBOX, the next area looks a lot better.
today
UWbc.png

a month ago
VWbc.png

-----------
Still very pleased they added back in those specular shaders for grass.

ZWbc.png

aXbc.png

WWbc.png

wbEMX

OH MY GOD THE EXPLORATION MUSIC IS SO GOOD.

Getting Yōko Shimomura was the best thing they could have done. This might be her very best work yet and a sure contender for Soundtrack of the Year, if the already released or leaked tracks are anything to go by.

xion4360

Doesn't gone gold means the game is ready for printing? Given that the game is already sent for certification, I think unless Sony and MS find something wrong, it's done.

I just heard that bit about submitted so, yea its gold basically.

So now what is the point of Nov 29th release..so..far..away. It's going GOLD any min now why not move up the date to Oct. 29th.

They still need to get the game certified, manufactured, printed, and shipped, which usually require a fair amount of breathing room.

Also because that would conflict with World of Final Fantasy.

EDIT: and i'm retarded. lol Thanks for the pics.

No need to think of yourself that way. No prob!

Played both videos side by side and tried sync them as best as I could to do a direct comparison. The difference is like night and day. Good on them, this looks AWESOME.

JBwB

As I said before in the other thread the graphics look noticeably improved over the older builds. The ascension grid looks great as well as the rest of the UI improvements.

The player in this video did a really good job with the Bloodhorn fight. That transition between Gladio's tempest and Prompto's piercer attacks was very seamless.

I'm hyped!

Gbraga

OH SHIT THE SLOW VERSION OF VALSE DI FANTASTICA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Getting Yōko Shimomura was the best thing they could have done. This might be her very best work yet and a sure contender for Soundtrack of the Year, if the already released or leaked tracks are anything to go by.

Since P5 is only 2017 for us plebs, I can agree with that.

J.G.

Neo Member
This has probably been asked to death, but has combat been improved for responsiveness? The combat in the demo seemed like it was only reading my last input with every button press

Is there a japanese video with the Luna interview that we hear at the 31m, 30s mark? I would like to hear what it sounds in japanese.

sappyday

This has probably been asked to death, but has combat been improved for responsiveness? The combat in the demo seemed like it was only reading my last input with every button press

Many people who have played (and that played the Plat demo) say the combat feel a lot more responsive and fluid. The only major problem seems to be the camera.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Looks a lot, lot better. More responsive, visually stronger, less jank. Props to Square on the final hour.

Gbraga

Impressions say it has, but we'll only know how much when we get our hands with it. I wouldn't expect it to be as responsive as top tier action games, though, just better than before.

You forget NieR automata.

Yassss

The next few months will be insane. Haven't been this excited about gaming since Bloodborne.

chefbags

Tabata the God delivering us the answers we wanted for us peasants.

Seriously this latest build compared to a few months ago is god-tier.

If they can focus on making the ps4 pro even better its going to be something else.

Ishida

Banned
And I remember some people who claimed that two months are not nearly enough to polish those visuals while at the same time removing bugs and glitches.

This footage is delicious. Game looks fantastic.

Gbraga

EDIT: Man, to give some negative impressions here, I just hate this "let me tell you where I last saw it", and then cut to gameplay. They let us disable the HUD, but the game says "well FUCK YOU if you don't use the HUD, fucking asshole, our HUD's great, why wouldn't you use it?"

Still gonna play with no mini-map, if possible. I feel like the landmarks are unique enough to serve as a guide, even in the very basic desert area. Fuck you, game.

GRATIA MUNDI

stop

george_us

Would love it if SE would release a final demo to get a feel for the improved battle system. That's what's holding me back.

Shredderi

Looks technically much better now. Now it's the only the actual game/story/battle part that I'm concerned for. But the point of the thread was to highlight the significant improvement in visuals, and it is significant. PRO version is gonna look great.

BlueWord

Looks fantastic – MUCH improved even since TGS.

Thinking about it another way, is this what we might've expected from the Day One patch if the game had shipped on September 30th? Perhaps we can expect even further improvements in the intervening period between now and release.

J.G.

Neo Member
Many people who have played (and that played the Plat demo) say the combat feel a lot more responsive and fluid. The only major problem seems to be the camera.

That's good to hear. The game definitely looks better, but I did notice that enemy telegraphs still seem hard to read; admittedly I'm not great at character action-type games but enemies seemed to attack too quickly

That's good to hear. The game definitely looks better, but I did notice that enemy telegraphs still seem hard to read; admittedly I'm not great at character action-type games but enemies seemed to attack too quickly

The enemy monsters attacking sporadically and suddenly was a design choice. The team specifically mentioned how they wanted the monsters to feel like actual wild animals and not like typical action game enemies that were predictable in movements. Whether or not that is a good or bad design decision remains to be seen.

jb1234

It definitely looks and runs better but that's never been the part I was worried about. The combat system still looks like a terrible bore.

OrionX

Watched a few minutes of it, but got too excited and had to stop myself. lol

I feel like my hype has been lying dormant for a while, but lately it's been trying to claw back to the surface. It's too soon... HALP.

SOLDIER

Will the outcry about the visuals result in GAF at its most mind-numingly hyperbolic?

Don't think I've ever seen such a massive turnaround in opinion between "doomed, worst thing ever" to "omg amazing"

Top Bottom