• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Gameplay Analysis [GIF Heavy]

Sorral

LTTP to the thread. I'm kinda surprised that a lot of people are complaining about the graphics/assets on the characters especially since the game was moved from the previous generation. I'm just glad that the game wasn't canned to begin with and it still looks great either way.
I actually had no real expectations of it showing at all.

Expect cross-gen games to have some sort of a downside unless they do the next-gen game first and then downgrade to mitigate the issues like Watch Dogs is doing.

Made these gifs and forgot to post them earlier:

ffxv22ydrij.gif

Pretty curious how the parrying/counter works as there are no button prompts and looks very smooth.

ffxv222zapg1.gif

As someone mentioned earlier, the characters don't bleed.

Warping gifs that I didn't want to throw away just because similar ones were posted already. :|
ffxv235wu4b.gif

ffxv233ucrly.gif

Crius

Neo Member
Am I the only one that thinks the old character design was way better? His jacket and style were less cool^^. The new style with the open jacket and ripped t-shirt is just mehhh.... Also the other characters looked much better in the "Cloud" released trailer.

OLD-vsXIII
Noctis_VersusXIII-side.jpg

OLD-vsXIII
final_fantasy_xv_header.jpg

NEW-XV
Final-Fantasy-15-XV-620x350.jpg

NEW-XV
FF-XV-group-pic-610x848.jpg

Sorral

That looks like blood to me... =P

Where? There is no 'splash of blood' coming out like when you hit the enemies I should have said.
I must be blind unless you mean the spot on the floor after the behemoth hit him (the dark thing on his left arm?).

Apath

Am I the only one that thinks the old character design was way better? His jacket and style were much better, much darker - less gay. The new style with the open jacket and ripped shirt is less cool.
I actually think the new designs are A LOT better.

Where? There is no 'splash of blood' coming out like when you hit the enemies I should have said.
I must be blind unless you mean the spot on the floor after the behemoth hit him (the dark thing on left arm?).

Noctis' arm looks like it's bleeding. Probably just to show his low health more visually.

Amon-Lau

I must be blind unless you mean the spot on the floor after the behemoth hit him (the dark thing on left arm?).
The screenshot from Road's quote, I was talking about the blood shown on Noctis(cheek, left hand and elbow, right hand).
They're not huge splatters but it seems to be some indication of it being in the game(as your HP goes down).

Also some folks have shared a few gifs a few pages back with the Behemoth bleeding red while the Iron Giant and masked solders bled blue(Plot related?).

Sorral

Noctis' arm looks like it's bleeding. Probably just to show his low health more visually.

Ya, that looks like it. I should have been more clear in how there is no splatter of blood coming out of the characters once they got hit.

I guess they don't care about the rating as much as they used to though.

The screenshot from Road's quote, I was talking about the blood shown on Noctis(cheek, left hand and elbow, right hand).
They're not huge splatters but it seems to be some indication of it being in the game(as your HP goes down).

Also some folks have shared a few gifs a few pages back with the Behemoth bleeding red while the Iron Giant and masked solders bled blue(Plot related?).

They made it very subtle on the characters it seems. The enemies do bleed red, but the soldiers bleeding blue blood was really obvious and stood out. Perhaps plot related as you say.

Zoe

Am I the only one that thinks the old character design was way better? His jacket and style were less cool^^. The new style with the open jacket and ripped t-shirt is just mehhh.... Also the other characters looked much better in the "Cloud" released trailer.

Aside from random open shirt in the newer and Ignis' jeans in the older, I prefer the new look.

wildfire

Banned
The summon thing, i wonder how they'll manage it.

In previous FF (i've played 7 to 10) they were easier to do, because they were more or less cutscenes and in separated environments (the battles taking place on a different plane than the explorable area).
If they were to implement something like the Leviathan in FFXV, what happens when i summon it in the subway? Or in a limited space in general?

Fully destructible terrain allowed for the summons or go home SquareEnix!

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
ffxv22ydrij.gif

Pretty curious how the parrying/counter works as there are no button prompts and looks very smooth.
I really hope that's an example of switching characters.

It'll be really cool to actually play like that -- controlling three different people at any given time. I hope that it's the good kind of madness.

Foolworm

I would think the warp did not drain in the first bits of the trailer because it was a mechanic tutorial section (i.e. early in the game).

Additionally, the HUD in the Prompto segment is not pasted on - note that the warp bar depletes when he cocks his gun.

There are no button presses in the parrying sequence (registered by a pulsing of the selected menu item), which makes me think it is a baked event.

JCreasy

I'm pretty sure all of those weapons are designed by Takayuki Takeya. In spite of everything - the wait, etc. - my hype is returning for this game!

Having a PS4 now helps :)

I'm pretty sure all of those weapons are designed by Takayuki Takeya. In spite of everything - the wait, etc. - my hype is returning for this game!

Having a PS4 now helps :)

Yup can't wait.

The new style with the open jacket and ripped t-shirt is just mehhh....

Actually, if you're talking about Notcis' shirt, if you look at it closely the t-shirt isn't ripped, rather it looks like the designs on the shirt are in glossy material on the regular fabric that makes up the rest of the shirt.

Final-Fantasy-15-XV-620x350.jpg

Top Bottom