• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Judgment Disc demo out now on JPSN & JP Xbox Store

S1kkZ

holy shit. only played 20 minutes, but the improvements over the platinum demo are massive. solid framerate (so far, no combat yet) and much, MUCH better image quality.

standard ps4 btw.

Simo

holy shit. only played 20 minutes, but the improvements over the platinum demo are massive. solid framerate (so far, no combat yet) and much, MUCH better image quality.

Yep. I'm on Pro but actually playing the stuff you've constantly watched is surreal. Looks fantastic and no frame drops..yet

Download halfway done.

This should give people something to sink their teeth into while we wait for release 😁😁

Oh and in before "omg glitches and crashes this game is gonna be terrible." How do you even CUT a demo like this? I can imagine it might be hard to keep people locked into the chapter 1 location without it being buggy.

Logash

Just walking around the open world and killing monster... I can already tell this is gonna be something special.

Oh and I'm on a pro. Has anyone confirmed if there is anything going on for pro users? The game runs fantastic and I can't believe it will run better in the near future.

S1kkZ

sadly, framerate takes a hit once you engage in combat (even when you just fight 3 scorpions). once combat is over, its smooth again.

LowParry

Just walking around the open world and killing monster... I can already tell this is gonna be something special.

Oh and I'm on a pro. Has anyone confirmed if there is anything going on for pro users?

I don't think so. If we're suppose to get some downsample going on it, I don't see it. Plus I'm seeing a drop in res with battles.

Edit: Is Prompto taking pics on his cam during battles? This fucking game. I'm in love already.

Shin-Ra

is anyone else having this problem with the hud or is it my resolution?
1. Turn off overscan in your TV's options if it lets you.
2. On PS4 go to [Settings] > [Sound and Screen] > [Display Area Settings] and push the corners out to the far edges of your display.

If you're successful with turning off overscan on the tv, you should be able to push the corners to the maximum.

Man, the visuals and IQ are fuckin' bonkers compared to Platinum Demo.

Makes you wonder what SE is thinking having PD still be there but not have this available for the west.

I mean, I get that it's easy for us to just download the JP demo but if SE already decided to release one demo here you'd think they would want a demo that is the best showcase for the game to be easily available, especially if interest for the title increases as we close in to the release.

Makes you wonder what SE is thinking having PD still be there but not have this available for the west.
Yeah. Like, I get why this is focused towards JP, but this would probably do a lot to wash the taste of PD out of people's mouth worldwide.

It's pretty much Episode Duscae's structure with PD combat and far better visuals all around. It's silly not to release this at some point in the west.

Simo

Wow the dynamic soundtrack is great too lol

I know there's a few streams in here but I'm on YT as well, under dgsimo1982 for those interested or DGSimo on PSN.

Mailbox

You guys with your positive impressions are making me super jealous

Download faster!

jellyman_3.jpg

I played PD over the last couple of days again a couple of times. Really wanna experience how different the combat is!

Frumix

Suffering From Success
So weird for an epic fantasy game to open with hours of pest control missions in this day and age.

Simo

Good god. Yeah, I don't want to play anymore because this is really really really good.

Yeah...super, super positive impressions. Image quality to me Looks great, well everything is looking great in this so far. Lol

I've been taken a ton of snaps, all at 3840x2160 for you all. Lol

Bladenic

Downloading now. I have the Deluxe Edition still on pre-order at Amazon, but I may downgrade depending on how I feel about this demo. Especially since I'm also getting that snazzy Piggyback guide.

LowParry

Yeah. Got my car fixed and I'm stopping there. We're in for a damn good ride with this game. I can feel it. Pro is gonna make this game looks nice and sweet.

Looks much better than P demo but goddamn the framerate is beyond terrible! it dips as fuck even with a few small enemies engaged... it's super shitty for a FF so actiony, this ain't your normal atb ff
poor OGPS4 players (like me, lol) and I can't imagine what it'll be on Xbone but prolly not pretty

Framerate is fine. I didn't see any drops. Just the res lowering during battles.

Mailbox

Looks much better than P demo but goddamn the framerate is beyond terrible! it dips as fuck even with a few small enemies engaged... it's super shitty for a FF so actiony, this ain't your normal atb ff
poor OGPS4 players (like me, lol) and I can't imagine what it'll be on Xbone but prolly not pretty

Considering no one has complained about the framerate so far, what your saying may very well be the stream and not the game.

The demo will finish dl'ing in a couple of hours for me, if you want I can report back how I think the framerate is

I actually haven't noticed any framerate dips so far. Maybe I need to find a big group of enemies.

Oh man, the overworld music just kicked in. Nice.

xion4360

I think this... does have pro support? I dont know im still seeing a 4k UI when playing this, unlike when I played any ps4 unpatched stuff the UI goes down to 1080p. The image quality is better than I expected but framerate is terrible and HDR looks completely washed out in brightness. I dont think its working right so I turned it off.

wmlk

For what it's worth, that stream frame rate surprised me too. Haven't noticed any frame drops on other streams.

Top Bottom