• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Judgment Disc demo out now on JPSN & JP Xbox Store

Havok1313

They should really put this demo out everywhere. It gives a way better impression than the others, from what I'm seeing so far.

LowParry

They should really put this demo out everywhere. It gives a way better impression than the others, from what I'm seeing so far.

Hopefully it goes the WOFF route. We'll see. But yeah, this needs to go out for the public. It's really damn good.

12BoM

Is there any hope that there is more to the opening than what we've been shown? it just seems like a waste of time and doesnt get you excited or motivate you for whats to come.

it reminded me of the new ratchet game where like half of the game's story was in the movie and its just a bunch of nonesense standalone

Byvar

There's quite a lot of new footage, and yes, a few spoilers (e.g. more
Old Noctis
footage and supposedly a new summon), in the ending video. If anyone's interested, you can find it here.

Whoo shit, forgot about the whole "stronger monsters spawn at night". Iron Giant just came through and fucked me up.

Serious Dragon's Dogma vibes.

Edit: And then Bombs joined the fight, holy shit

Ishida

Banned
I got my pro, is it compat?

Compatible? Yes.

However don't expect to see an upgrade. The Pro patch will be released the same day as the game, so this Demo doesn't make use of the Pro's capabilities.

EDIT: HOLY MONKEY at that 'trailer' at the end.

FUUUUUUUCK!!! O_O

Ray Down

Banned
There's quite a lot of new footage, and yes, a few spoilers (e.g. more
Old Noctis
footage and supposedly a new summon), in the ending video. If anyone's interested, you can find it here.

I kind of want to make a thread about this, should I guys?

SoulUnison

Banned
Combat is a little...messy, but I'm going to chalk that up to the fact that I'm learning through doing and know enough Japanese to parse maybe every tenth tutorial message.
I don't know how to consistently pull off the moves I'm trying to when they rely on control stick directions.

Also, switching Lock-On from R3 like in Platinum Demo to R1 is constantly throwing me off.

Compatible? Yes.

However don't expect to see an upgrade. The Pro patch will be released the same day as the game, so this Demo doesn't make use of the Pro's capabilities.

EDIT: HOLY MONKEY at that 'trailer' at the end.

FUUUUUUUCK!!! O_O

Good fuck or bad fuck ?

Welp, this demo's certainly turned me away from the game.

The combat's nowhere near as good as it looked when watching those previews of the opening of the game.

Looks good, but is uninteresting to actually play. Hold one button down for dodge/parry. Hold another down for attack. And here I didn't think the combat could get worse than basic turn-based combat.

Everything feels so automated.

Venom Fox

Banned
In the settings there's a high quality mode...

Using Google translate the modes are lightweight mode and high quality mode. These are under the display quality setting.

The combat's nowhere near as good as it looked when watching those previews of the opening of the game.

Looks good, but is uninteresting to actually play. Hold one button down for dodge/parry. Hold another down for attack. And here I didn't think the combat could get worse than basic turn-based combat.

This game is probably going to be an exhibition when players get their hands on it. Combat is like Batman IMO.

Fdkn

There is a whole game to add mechanics, get new skills and battle systems. It's the first chapter lol

In the older FF games you started with the attack comand and maybe one spell

This game is probably going to be an exhibition when players get their hands on it. Combat is like Batman IMO.
Feels better than The Witcher 3, that's for sure.

But as is, there's no timed button presses. Does dodge rolling come into play later as something useful, versus just holding down dodge and having Noctis dash out of the way automatically?

Also, world seems rather empty. Reminds me of MGSV's world.

Of course, all of this won't really matter so long as I find the story somewhat interesting. As is, I just wish I knew Japanese.

Venom Fox

Banned
Yeah I think the demo supports the PS4 Pro.

High quality mode for graphics and a lightweight mode for FPS. There's also a HDR setting.

Remember the game is locked in easy mode for the demo. No way hold to attack will carry you the whole way on normal.

Gbraga

That's the basics of it, but you can also do that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02ZRZlec_bQ

Combat is pretty free form.

There is a whole game to add mechanics, get new skills and battle systems. It's the first chapter lol

In the older FF games you started with the attack comand and maybe one spell

Hell, even compared to other ARPGs like KH, you have more combat options starting out in XV than you do there.

Samimista

There's something special about driving in the Regalia while listening to the series' prelude.

Kinda sleepy right now, but I'll play more tomorrow. I'm at the part where I have to do a quest for Dino, I believe.

LordKasual

Banned
Just beat the bloodhorn.

Decided to stay out past night time. Got to fight a bomb.

And in the middle of my rematch with Iron Giant, i got to fight another bomb.

And then 3.

And then 6.

And then i took my ass to sleep to play during daytime....this game is going to consume my life.

Its the first chapter and its on easy mode

Caim

Just did my first mobhunt and bought some of the soundtracks for the Regalia.

I'm loving every single song I'm hearing in this game so far.

Looking forward to the soundtrack, I need it.

Top Bottom