• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Judgment Disc demo out now on JPSN & JP Xbox Store

Trace

Banned
Gonna resist playing any more of this since we're so close to launch.

It's a real fucking game guys ;-;

How do I change the quality settings? I don't know Japanese.

:(

The option under "HDR" is quality settings. Top one is high quality, one under that is "lightweight".

Falk

that puzzling face
Eh, just to be clear (since I do compose for games as well and have been very quickly misattributed, heh) I did production and engineering for the game.

Working with the entire team, from the compositions to arrangers to all the wonderful musicians that played for the soundtrack has been an incredible journey of its own and simultaneous quite likely the most stressful period of my life, professional and otherwise. It's been an incredible honor and privilege meeting many of these people in person.

I'm not going to say too much more (e.g. who did what on which track specifically), not until at least the game and/or soundtrack is out but I really hope you blokes enjoy the game, and people who have been on the fence especially about combat, that the demo shows you what the actual game is (screw Platinum) so you can make a more accurate decision.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
Downloading now. This might take awhile. One chapter is 13 GB's. I wonder how many chapters are on the full version. Could this be the largest game of the generation if 1 chapter is 13GB's?

That's generally not how this works, heh. There'll be a ton of data in the demo, probably, that isn't chapter-specific. It's not a 1:1 ratio like that.

This game fell completely off my radar because of the release date and weak showing at E3.

I shouldn't have played this demo. I have to find a way to fit it into my schedule now, great stuff.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Eh, just to be clear (since I do compose for games as well and have been very quickly misattributed, heh) I did production and engineering for the game.

Working with the entire team, from the compositions to arrangers to all the wonderful musicians that played for the soundtrack has been an incredible journey of its own and simultaneous quite likely the most stressful period of my life, professional and otherwise. It's been an incredible honor and privilege meeting many of these people in person.

I'm not going to say too much more (e.g. who did what on which track specifically), not until at least the game and/or soundtrack is out but I really hope you blokes enjoy the game, and people who have been on the fence especially about combat, that the demo shows you what the actual game is (screw Platinum) so you can make a more accurate decision.

I know that feeling, if you're like me you won't be able to fully relax immediately soon after ending work on the game but hopefully you'll be able to get your deserved time off-work and fully enjoy being on vacation for a bit.
Congrats!

Gbraga

This is so incredibly surreal. I'm literally in tears.

If you guys haven't already (and I've read through the thread) you ABSOLUTELY need to hear the Ch0 music through till it repeats, and walking around on the world in the morning. (A Wild Wild West-ish theme with flute, guitars, piano plays)

Yes, this is my explicit confirmation. I worked on the music of FFXV.

COmHQB2.png

Venom Fox

Banned
Lightweight.
Rq1X6e.jpg

High quality.
kxMps4.jpg

Take note of the powerlines, lighting on the road, car, license plate, shrubs, texture loading on the left side of the road as well as the characters hair. Big difference!

Qvoth

not gonna lie, playing platinum demo made me dizzy
still preordered the game, but i'm hoping i can actually play the game now so i'll check this out :<

Venom Fox

Banned
Don't forget that this isn't even the final PS4 Pro mode. :)

I'm sure others will post but as soon as I find my USB I'll post the highest quality I can.

Ahh I hear you :/ unless you can sell your base PS4 for a good price then go for it. If not wait.

I don't know if I want to part with the original. However, the more screens I see the more tempted I am. Maybe it's not so bad to splurge a little for this.

I mean we've all been waiting a long time for this, maybe it makes sense to prepare a little to get the best possible experience.

Think of it more as $372USD for us Canadians. It helps the wallet hurt :p

edit: make that $370USD

Thanks for the tip. I'm currently looking for anything to help me rationalize this purchase. :p

benzy

Game is gorgeous. The TAA is able to fix the hair as long as there isn't a lot of movement on base PS4.

czskey.png

qqdxkr.png

rzlmzp.png

nhhovq.png

If there are quick movements the hair goes to shit though + the drop in resolution doesn't help, but it's necessary given how smooth the framerate feels so far and the majority of other objects still look clean. We got motion blur on base console too.

jvszud.png

This is so incredibly surreal. I'm literally in tears.

If you guys haven't already (and I've read through the thread) you ABSOLUTELY need to hear the Ch0 music through till it repeats, and walking around on the world in the morning. (A Wild Wild West-ish theme with flute, guitars, piano plays)

Yes, this is my explicit confirmation. I worked on the music of FFXV.
You WORKED on this Falk??? Amazing!!! Thank you and also all the others who took their time to make this game!

wmlk

Game is gorgeous. The TAA is able to fix the hair as long as there isn't a lot of movement on base PS4.

czskey.png

qqdxkr.png

rzlmzp.png

nhhovq.png

If there are quick movements the hair goes to shit though + the drop in resolution doesn't help, but it's necessary given how smooth the framerate feels so far and the majority of other objects still look clean. We got motion blur on base console too.

jvszud.png

Holy shit, that's base PS4?

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Framerate is fine. I didn't see any drops. Just the res lowering during battles.

I don't think it's the stream, unless every stream I've watched had the same problem.

Considering no one has complained about the framerate so far, what your saying may very well be the stream and not the game.

The demo will finish dl'ing in a couple of hours for me, if you want I can report back how I think the framerate is

Not really (but I'll wait for your impressions nontheless, thx):

sadly, framerate takes a hit once you engage in combat (even when you just fight 3 scorpions). once combat is over, its smooth again.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
I'm quite satisfied with the way the base version looks. Pro is obviously superior, but I'm not at all sad I won't have one for a long time.

Game's really pretty either way. C:

Simply awesome!

Please tell me you got to meet Yoko Shimomura?!?

Top Bottom