• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Judgment Disc demo out now on JPSN & JP Xbox Store

Dude, switch to PNG and use a better host than imgur like http://cubeupload.com/ lol

those were PNG and it was uploaded to imgur.

here is it again reuploaded on cubeupload

XFFy9g.png

nhhovq.png

HOLY CRAP, this picture looks amazing!!!!!!

I remember the dev team saying that the goal of Luminous Studio was to rival or top "Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children" in terms of playable graphics - and to think, we haven't even seen the PS4 Pro version with all of it's updates and patches included yet!!

Ishida

Banned
SHIIIIEEEET. I just ordered my PS4 Pro, imported from the US.

525 dollars... PLEASE arrive before this game launches!! D:

Gbraga

So now we can see the same game, on better Playstation hardware, with much better filtering than the original one.

Can this put to rest the "it's not a hardware issue at all, devs are just lazy" argument once and for all? If they didn't care, it would be bad in Pro mode too. Not as bad, because downsampling also improves that, but not as good as it is here either.

Fuck i hope i get my pro before this game comes out .
Don't think i going touch this game until i get it .
Those pics look so good and to think they may be more to the pro version .

cheesekao

So now we can see the same game, on better Playstation hardware, with much better filtering than the original one.

Can this put to rest the "it's not a hardware issue at all, devs are just lazy" argument once and for all? If they didn't care, it would be bad in Pro mode too. Not as bad, because downsampling also improves that, but not as good as it is here either.
I thought it was common knowledge that the engine they used is a bitch to work with which is why it doesn't look as good as it should.

wmlk

Pro looks great, but I think people are underselling how great OG PS4 looks too with the pics benzy posted above.

Shit man, here I was thinking I wouldn't have new shit to play around with on Pro tonight since none of my currently owned games have Pro support.

Then Square goes and drops a new XV demo with Pro options. This company, man :lol

wmlk

I thought it was common knowledge that the engine they used is a bitch to work with which is why it doesn't look as good as it should.

That same engine has produced these results on OG PS4.

qqdxkr.png

nhhovq.png

It's done well, and it's an ambitious game to boot.

cheesekao

That same engine has produced these results on OG PS4.

qqdxkr.png

nhhovq.png

It's done well, and it's an ambitious game to boot.
It's not that it looks bad(it seems to be one of the better looking open world games), I just thought that SE was one of the top dogs when it came to graphics and I expected its general graphical fidelity to be similar to something like Horizon Zero Dawn.

That's a myth created by gaf. The engine was just still in development.
It is? Gonna have do some research.
from what I can gather, thats what we all assumed, but then siggraph 2016 and a bunch of tech lectures + looks at the engine later and it actually looks like a pretty decent engine.

Its mostly that they were building it along with the game, so it was just a mess of intertwining developments
I see. Thanks for the explanation.

SoulUnison

Banned
The game generally looks spectacular, but... The water's edge at the little resort spot you visit last, it's REALLY bad.
It's basically just the water texture and the ground modeling clipping constantly through each other.

Like, one of the first times I would ever actually nod in agreement to someone saying "Looks like something from early last generation."

Mailbox

from what I can gather, thats what we all assumed, but then siggraph 2016 and a bunch of tech lectures + looks at the engine later and it actually looks like a pretty decent engine.

Its mostly that they were building it along with the game, so it was just a mess of intertwining developments

sappyday

Alright got to Galdin and deleted the demo. I just did the story beats cause I want to leave the actual exploring in the final release. Just wanted confirmation on some stuff. The game looks beautiful on normal PS4. The combat is fun even though it's on easy, but it won't be for everyone. Framerate is good but those that are more susceptible to it can notice little drops, but somehow it's better than Skyrim SE. The camera needs work. The car driving is weird. The music is great (FALK!). Everything is coming together all right. I don't want to ruin the experience but for those who are the fence should definitely try this out.

I was playing Episode Duscae while this was downloading and god what a difference. I just like the camera (not in combat) in ED more.

Shit man, here I was thinking I wouldn't have new shit to play around with on Pro tonight since none of my currently owned games have Pro support.

Then Square goes and drops a new XV demo with Pro options. This company, man :lol

It's a rollercoaster ride enjoy the good vibes until reviews start dropping
kappa

Slaythe

The review thread is going to be a bloodbath regardless of how the game turns out in the end

Can't wait

I don't give a shit.

Just getting in the car, exploring, listening to old FF track, that's already gonna be great.

Add Pro support and the fact that the game is actually good and yeah it deserves all my money. I don't care if reviewers don't like the Jpop aesthetics or the gameplay design or whatever.

Simo

This is so incredibly surreal. I'm literally in tears.

If you guys haven't already (and I've read through the thread) you ABSOLUTELY need to hear the Ch0 music through till it repeats, and walking around on the world in the morning. (A Wild Wild West-ish theme with flute, guitars, piano plays)

Yes, this is my explicit confirmation. I worked on the music of FFXV.

Let me say I love the dynamic stuff, like the theme that plays at Hammerhead being this western kind of honky tonk tune as you walk around but when you enter the garage or cafe, the theme stays but the riff changes up to electric guitars. If you leave to go out it seamlessly melds back to the western tune.

Love it.

Top Bottom