• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Judgment Disc demo out now on JPSN & JP Xbox Store

benzy

I haven't downloaded the demo (I'm saving my virgin hands for the final game), but don't we have users here claiming that the framerate drops drastically during battles?

I think some people might be mistaking the hit stops for dips, particularly with the broadsword attacks.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
Eh, just to be clear (since I do compose for games as well and have been very quickly misattributed, heh) I did production and engineering for the game.

Working with the entire team, from the compositions to arrangers to all the wonderful musicians that played for the soundtrack has been an incredible journey of its own and simultaneous quite likely the most stressful period of my life, professional and otherwise. It's been an incredible honor and privilege meeting many of these people in person.

I'm not going to say too much more (e.g. who did what on which track specifically), not until at least the game and/or soundtrack is out but I really hope you blokes enjoy the game, and people who have been on the fence especially about combat, that the demo shows you what the actual game is (screw Platinum) so you can make a more accurate decision.
Might not mean much to you but I'm proud of you.

Falk

that puzzling face
But people in the other threads for this game were saying it would be "hold A to win!"

D:

To play devil's advocate, if it was hold A to win and you're lv1 noctis vs a lv29 scorpion, the solution is to level noctis to 29 then hold A to win.

Simo

Man those combos are sweet as hell. I love it when Ignis grabs the spear and goes nuts on the enemy or when Prompto grabs your broadsword like "here hold my beer, I'm going in!" Lol

Oh my God this looks so good on both PS4 Pro and OG PS4, I'm in awe. I wish the West got this demo too, but in less than three weeks we'll all have the full game anyway. I still can't believe that we'll finally be able to play the finished game this month; feels so surreal, haha

Ishida

Banned
To play devil's advocate, if it was hold A to win and you're lv1 noctis vs a lv29 scorpion, the solution is to level noctis to 29 then hold A to win.

lol.

By the way Falk, is it possible to know for how long were you involved with the game's audio engineering? Was it since the Versus days? Or since the re-reveal as XV?

PuJYrxC.gif

JBwB

Curse my ridiculously slow internet. Been downloading for hours now :(

Really pleasing to see that people are enjoying it immensely.

I was already excited for the game thanks to the increasingly positive showings in the last two or so months, but now I'm at the point where the rest of the game would have to be a trainwreck of catastrophic proportions for me to be turned off by the game.

Just dicking around with the combat alone is great. I can't imagine what kind of crazy KH level shit a higher leveled Noctis will be capable of.

Slaythe

Man, just riding the car listening to FF1 prelude theme.

Like I literally don't need more, already having more fun than the entire ff13 game.

Just this.

Anything above that is bonus. It's just too good.

LordKasual

Banned
there's a
Bandersnach
in the demo?!

WHAT?! Dude, you are like the secret boss finder! jesus!

Man, I regretted watching so many "40 minute gameplay!" videos of this game. I felt like I had already played this part of the game before I even got my hands on the controller. So I decided to just kind of veer off the beaten path....and i just keep finding stuff lol

As for
the bandersnach, I think he's actually pretty close to hammerhead.

I had just finished that sabertusk mob hunt, and after i killed them, i heard a roaring sound, but saw nothing nearby. So i ran towards the sound, over a hill...lo and behold, there's a crater with water in the middle of it. And a lv30 bandersnach. He beat my ass pretty fast though, I had to dip immediately lol

Thats what i was referring to when i said "This game just FF12'd me". You're surrounded by pretty manageable enemies, but every now and then the game just reminds you how small you really are.

Slaythe

One thing they did that makes the game about a dozen times better.

Magic.

They removed that awful sliding aiming crap and made it simpler, lock on and use magic =) .

Makes it much more fun and easier.

Simo

A few shots I took. I did take more but all of them including these were using the "light quality" for the image quality and I feel like starting over with the higher stuff turned on. I mean, I thought the game looked and great in light mode. lol

This was the only bug or issue I encountered....lol

Trace

Banned
If there's one thing I would ask SE for, it would be a stronger hair AA that only activates during cutscenes.

aravuus

Nice looking shots. Shame I still can't really justify buying a Pro, but as long as the game runs fine on the original PS4 too, I'm happy.

Annoying how they deemed us westerners wouldn't need/want the demo, but whatever, I'm getting the game day one anyway.

Caim

Riding around listening to Blue Fields...

I'm so stoked for this game and I can't wait to eventually play the full game on the Pro.

jb1234

I'm a little disappointed they didn't choose to use FF1's NES soundtrack but I'll get over it, haha. Combat remains my biggest issue with the game. The camera is very spastic and it feels like I'm constantly readjusting it. Maybe I'm missing a control (which would make sense when I don't understand the language).

Nice looking shots. Shame I still can't really justify buying a Pro, but as long as the game runs fine on the original PS4 too, I'm happy.

Annoying how they deemed us westerners wouldn't need/want the demo, but whatever, I'm getting the game day one anyway.

Thus proving your own suspicions...

giphywhsvg.gif

Majority of my work was after I moved back to Malaysia to manage my company's new Malaysian branch.

But prior to that, yeah, in quite a few of the Boston sessions

HurJjRDl.jpg

We did KH2.5 too so it's not a new thing haha. She's a fun person to work with. Very, VERY particular about her music!

Falk - I never knew...

That is jaw-droppingly awesome; simply incredible and I am so sincerely proud and happy for you!

You must tell us of your journey at a later date! I'm sure you have quite the tale to tell :)

aravuus

Thus proving your own suspicions...

giphywhsvg.gif

Well sure, but they'd definitely get more sales with a good demo in the store. Not releasing the demo won't affect the sales negatively, but releasing it could very well affect them positively.

If it wasn't clear, I don't personally really care either way.

Demoskinos

Has anyone posted translation of the menus? Are there any options to adjust the HUD elements? My stupid TV cuts part of the HUD off and no way on this TV to turn off overscan. =\

Top Bottom