• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV launches September 30th, demo today w/ Carbuncle unlock, has combat

What demo is being released? Is it the same one that was included with 0?

I want a reason to go back to that demo. I hope they add a new little story but in it.

Hmmm I have a lot of stuff to get done today, so not sure if I'm staying up for all of the event tonight now that the important stuff has been leaked.

If there's a good amount of new, in-game footage, then I'll watch that.

『Inaba Resident』;199639392 said:
Not for the people excited to watch the event (including those who traveled). Granted, I'm sure theres still some important things to show (new trailers, gameplay, etc.) but a lot about this event has leaked and it kills some of the hype which sucks.

The takeaway here is to not get excited over marketing events in the future. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
We'll be able to use Carbuncle in the demo?
Judging by the footage, young Noctis goes chasing after Carbuncle in the demo and that's presumably how you acquire Carbuncle for the main game.

I'm not sure if Carbuncle is usable in the demo itself instead of just being the end goal.

Judging by the footage, young Noctis goes chasing after Carbuncle in the demo and that's presumably how you acquire Carbuncle for the main game.

I'm not sure if Carbuncle is usable in the demo itself instead of just being the end goal.

Yeah, guess we'll have to wait for the event to understand this better.

Ydelnae

I want a reason to go back to that demo. I hope they add a new little story but in it.

The new demo
features an exclusive story bit not available on the game, does not take place in Duscae and apparently lets you unlock a certain bonus in the final game

Hektor

Seems to be a completely new demo as i understand. It includes an exclusive summon for Xv that you can only unlock by playing the demo.

AdanVC

Ugh... I'm mad this was leaked already. I wanted to feel genuine excitement and surprise but not anymore... Still looking forward to the show but not that hyped anymore now that this was revealed early :(

vypek

From how the narrator described it in the video, no.
You play as young Noctis going through a dream or something. It is to show off the final look and gameplay. Unlock an exclusive summon in the game if you complete it

Thabass

This is why we can't have nice things, GameSpot.

Oh well, at least there could be a Collector's Edition announcement!

Vashetti

Banned
The new demo
features an exclusive story bit not available on the game, does not take place in Duscae and apparently lets you unlock a certain bonus in the final game

Why bother spoiler-tagging that, says it all in the title of the thread

lol

Armigr

The takeaway here is to not get excited over marketing events in the future. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Why not? Because someone connected to neither you nor the event holder is going to leak the details of the event? That is not a valid reason, so please don't be so condescending.

The only takeaway is that GameSpot might need another step in their editorial process.

The new demo

Seems to be a completely new demo as i understand. It includes an exclusive summon for Xv that you can only unlock by playing the demo.

I am fucking hype.

I've been let down by big release after release this gen so far.

I liked the first demo and now I have something to look foward to. I'm working tonight but I'm downloading this as soon as it goes up via the PSN app.

Hey thanks for the replies. Ya'll unintentionally made my day that much better.

Ydelnae

Or maybe to respect a company's effort to make a big event in gaming? Would you also like people no not give a damn about the E3 conferences, as they are another type of marketing event, just like the Nintendo Directs?

Cidd

lmfao, After all that build up by SE it all got leaked a day before their big event, Some might call this justice.

Kumo

These goddamn leaks everywhere I swear.... I'm just going to stay off GAF until the event starts. Hope the event is still worth watching.

Why did the fact that Carbuncle is in the demo need to be in the thread title? How is that essential information for a thread title?

Guys, I suspect that if you're a true fan there will be more at this event than a release date... There will probably be onstage interviews with lead developers, story trailer, maybe a gameplay demonstration, and other small nods and celebration.

Top Bottom