• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV launches September 30th, demo today w/ Carbuncle unlock, has combat

Tsosie

I am still pumped for tonight. Release dates do not mean to much to me, especially for a game I have been waiting close to a decade for.

KiraXD

they were free tho? i think

were they? the site says something about expensive tickets...

oh it says:

What if I can’t afford to come out or all tickets are already gone?

We understand that the physical event can be far or expensive, so please stay tuned for any exclusive chances we have to attend. Once all tickets are reserved, please check back on this website or follow any of our social media accounts if any exclusive opportunities arise!

i misread... still people are paying to get there... and its still an event for people to attend... so courtesy shouldnt be questioned.

Think he meant air tickets, etc.

yeah people are paying to get there... even if the event itself is free. If i had planned the weekend going to this, and got spoiled... id be a little bummed out... so its perfectly reasonable to assume that one shouldnt spoil it for others out of common decency.

I would use party pooper

A yeah-I-just-told-you-what-is-inside-of-your-presents-but-don't-complain-because-you-knew-there-was-something-in-the-boxes-anyway-er.

Don't see how that, or the replies to your post helps your point that it's "weak" use. It's fine use. And if we take the actual definition into account, these leaks reduce some of the suspense and surprise for some people (which is a literal definition), which would cause them to enjoy the actual event a bit less when it came time for SE to talk about it themselves because they would already know. I don't even personally really care about the release date thing, but I know that's something that is important to a lot of people, and it's an announcement that would have been thoroughly enjoyed by some if it weren't spoiled from these leaks. People aren't wrong to be disappointed by it, and the condescension over it is completely unwarranted.

Dark_castle

Hey guys, anyone super pumped about FFXV coming out on Sept-

fire_community.gif

Squire

Banned
While I agree that people can look too far into it that way, I think this is where our opinions diverge though. It's a business that's aimed to hype a product. Calling it a business doesn't exactly take away from that.

Heck, orchestral concert tours are a business. Doesn't mean they can't be enjoyed, especially by the die-hard fans.

I mean, I've already said both angles are fine. I respect that there's a nuance to it all. "OMG stop spoiling the marketing" remains disconcerting.

I think it's just a bad use of the word "spoiler".

I would have to agree.

Mik317

Like people do know we are going to see new footage as well, right?

I mean this shit is 2 hours long, no?

come on

ED Cantu

So you only get Carbuncle in the main game if you beat this demo? I'm confused.

Is this new demo just for Duscae code holders?

From what I've read, the demo is completely new and has nothing to do with duscae and you don't need to have bought Type 0, in the demo you'll take control of young Noctis as he journeys through one of his dreams or something like that, and if you finish the demo you'll get the carbuncle summon for the main game.

A release date for a major video game has to be kept hidden on a game discussion forum? What next, will you be up in the thread for the next CoD screaming at people for spoiling the platforms it's coming out on in the title?

Going in fresh in a video game store on release date and react to which platforms got a long anticipated game is quite thrilling. Well, expect for digital releases, that's just confusing. But it's the commute over there that's the best part anyways.

I mean, I've already said both angles are fine. I respect that there's a nuance to it all. "OMG stop spoiling the marketing" remains disconcerting.

I would have to agree.

Again, their marketing is what's exciting about the event. The footage, the announcements, all for marketing purposes. Point is, when these things leak, and spoil what's to come, it will make those announcements less enjoyable and surprising for a lot of people when it comes to addressing them at the actual event. And no it's not a bad usage of the word, don't know why that train keeps getting rode on with absolutely no backup in logic. It's literally the definition of spoiling.

JBwB

The pre-show starts at 12 PM here on the Australian east coast!

I've got my snacks and drinks ready for the event!

Let's do this!

jiggle

Left my ps4 at parents'
If I add the demo to my purchase history
I can just download it in a few months and play it for Carbuncle Ya?
Even if they remove demo from store?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
June 28 - Star Ocean 5
July - August - I Am Setsuna
September 30 - FFXV
Later 2016 - World of FF, NieR Automata, and Kingdom Hearts 2.8 HD

Square Enix is on a roll

edotlee

Carbuncle was my buddy in FFXI, good to see that the little guy is back. I would hope that you summon Carbuncle and he (she?) follows you around, but more than likely he'll just be a one-shot summon like Ramuh.

DjCowHerder

Neo Member
"You got 6 months until the game releases but preorders are available now on Amazon if you can't wait".

Is it just me or does that make no sense... You're going to have to wait 6 months or you can still wait 6 months and preorder.

They do anything to push preorders it seems even if there's no point... Oh well, I will glad to get a chance to play the demo tomorrow.

sora87

June 28 - Star Ocean 5
September 30 - FFXV

Square Enix is on a roll

It's good to have them back
although we don't know how any of them will actually turn out

Aters

June 28 - Star Ocean 5
September 30 - FFXV

Square Enix is on a roll

2017 spring: Dragon Quest XI.
Late 2017: Kingdom Hearts III.
Somewhere between 2017 and 2018: Final Fantasy VIIR

Falk

that puzzling face
although we don't know how any of them will actually turn out

FWIW there's a SO5 import thread on GAF if you don't mind spoiling yourself silly.

And Setsuna's been out a while with its own import thread too.

Top Bottom