• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV - Main characters and Japanese voice cast revealed

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Prince of the Lucis Kingdom, possessing eyes which can sense the death of others.
tumblr_m1uw44eiwj1rsfn7zo1_500.gif

Misaki, that you? Is that some sort of Japanese thing?
Well anyway, agreeing with the lacking female presence. For one FF characters look like actual people, so deliver on it SE, goddamit!
Maybe in the sequels though.
Stella Returns or something.

Nah I'm just being grumpy this is pretty cool.

daniels

Hey FFx-2 had an all female cast and now we get a all male cast why the hell not? awww yeah bromance :) Maybe even a gay relationship again like in FF13? :D

genjiZERO

The character designs are an improvement over the last few games... But we'll see what their personalities are like. I know it's all black, but hopefully that's just an aesthetic and not a representation of their tortured souls.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
If we can freely select our party, I'm going for Gladiolus, Cor, and Ignis.
Red hair guys my fave so far, but I doubt he'll be playable.

Get the feeling that the cast was selected as a contrast to the more female centric cast of XIII. Now that the games are no longer connected, it does seem a little off balance.

Zaventem

This game looks great. I really wasn't one of those people that obsessed over the reveal but i'm a believer now. Day 1 for me.

I see we have the voice actor for Hooin Kyoma himself from Steins;gate here with Mamoru Miyano. Awesome, huge plus for me! Love hearing the voice actors in that game in other works.
I'm sure I heard Yuuichi Nakamura (Oreki from Hyouka among others) also.

If we can freely select our party, I'm going for Gladiolus, Cor, and Ignis.
Red hair guys my fave so far, but I doubt he'll be playable.

I'm going to hazard a guess and say Noctis will be required to be in the party at all times, but the other two slots are open except for plot events.

Ala Alba

I'm pretty sure every single final fantasy game (with the exception, so far, of LR:FFXIII) has had 3 playable/party member female characters, so I doubt this one will be any different.

Famassu

Oh, which one was that?
Well, it's only a sequel to a mainline release, but X-2 only had Yuna, Rikku and Paine. Versus didn't start as a mainline release, so even if SQEX had some "we need to have some boobiez in the team too in every mainline FF, no sausage fests allowed" principles, XV could get a pass.

Bladenic

Get the feeling that the cast was selected as a contrast to the more female centric cast of XIII. Now that the games are no long connected, it does seem a little off balance.

But XIII was evenly split? Although the female characters did feel more important than the male ones (plus the three girls were the best end game team)

duckroll

Wow, good thing I was editing in those images. I fucked up Ignis and Gladious. That's what I get when I copy and paste my own posts from two posts with different character orders! LOL. >_<

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I think someone also said it sounded like Sawashiro. Forgot who tho.
You mean Stella's voice? It's absolutely not Sawashiro, she never sounded like that.

Really interested about Stella's involvement. It's actually good she's pretty much the only main female character? In the setting of a bros team being bros That One Girl really makes sense. Praying here they write her well.

Dinda

Bah Final Fantasy: Boy Band Edition.

Yes there are other characters, but they are not party members, only those guys are. This together with the fact that's an action RPG really dissapoint me.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I posted this in the other thread but might as well mention it here again.

Considering the Shakespearean influence in the game I actually am not surprised about the Latin naming scheme for the characters. Specifically meaningful naming scheme. Nomura probably went to bed thinking "What's in a name?" and realized that character names should have actual meaning. Lol. This is a serious comment btw.

Also, duckroll, is Rionis the actual spelling or is that just a guess. I have a feeling it's most likely Leonis. If it really is Rionis I guess it means Mountainheart.

Dresden

Gladiolus Amicitia (Kenta Miyake)
The eldest son of a household tasked with protecting the royal family from generation to generation. A close friend of Noctis who is closer to him than a true brother.

betrayal

Ignis Scientia (Mamoru Miyano)
A childhood friend of Noctis who grew up recieving gifted education befitting a staff officer. He understands Noctis well and is his confidant.

Yosuke

Prompto Argentum (Tetsuya Kakihara)
A friend who has been a bad influence to Noctis since his school days. While he can get carried away easily, there's another side of him which is driven to help friends in need.

dies halfway through the story

Your probably right, lol.

Troy Baker
Yuri Lowenthal
Steve Blum
Nolan North
Johnny Yong Bosch(Aeana's favorite)

There you go.

Liam O'Brien should voice Ignis. He already has a history with voices in Square games, and he's really good at "serious, intellectual-type" characters.

I really don't know who could voice Noct though. He sounds too young for Troy Baker to work. Maybe they'll cast a real actor to voice him, since developers love their celebrity voices - and Nomura's a big fan of Hollywood actors.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
This game is really yaoi fandom bait.

My yaoi loving friend was ecstatic when she saw the reveal.

Maybe his fists? It'll make sense if he's one of the strongest fighters in the kingdom.

Whip. :D

Top Bottom